[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think of the idea of reincarnation? Personally,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: KarmikPrinciple.jpg (124KB, 610x800px) Image search: [Google]
KarmikPrinciple.jpg
124KB, 610x800px
What does /his/ think of the idea of reincarnation?

Personally, I think it's true. There's just enough we don't know about human consciousness to definitively say that we *know* what happens after death, and honestly it makes a lot more sense than the arbitrary afterlifes of Abrahamic religions.

Plus, I believe spiritual enlightenment is real, and apparently one of the perks of enlightenment is being made aware of all of your past lives. Now this could all just be conjecture, but I read a book by a Thai Arahant (enlightened disciple) who said he could see all of his past lives, and to me I see no reason why he would be lying.

Thoughts?
>>
>>576882
How does population growth/decline work? What happens to the extra souls?
>>
>>576883
There's an infinitely large number of beings in the universe, friend. You have to remember that according to reincarnation, EVERYTHING gets reincarnated, including lowly bugs and such that have existed since time immemorial.
>>
>>576882

It's all a load of shit.

When you die, you die, end of story.
>>
>>>/x/
>>
>>576978
Prove it
>>
>>576979
Is this not the board for religious topics?
>>
>>577002
only for the ones that anon specifically endorses, obviously
>>
>>576882

Difficult to have a discussion on the plausibility of reincarnation when the reasons given for believing in it are based on feelings and private experience.
>>
>>577000

No problem.

I have a simple experiment you try at home....
>>
>>576882
it makes more sense than eternal life after death, but still makes very little sense on its own
>>
NDEs say this is what's going on so yeah I believe it
>>
>>576882
Have you asked yourself what your purpose in life is and how dying is much easier than just going on? That in some aspect might be seen as reincarnation. See you in vallhalla my friend xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.