[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who best conquer ever >hint its not this guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: khan.jpg (425KB, 793x1016px) Image search: [Google]
khan.jpg
425KB, 793x1016px
who best conquer ever

>hint its not this guy
>>
Alexander is my favorite
>>
>>574810
I don't even know why people say Khan.
He never really did anything...
Conquered a lot of grass with a lot of horsemen.

Never really overtook any of the major areas, just look at the thrashing the Mamluks gave to the "Golden Horde".
It's like saying that you've traveled the entire world thus you are the greatest traveler when in reality you took an airplane from New York to Beijing.
>>
>>575095
>Conquered most of China
>Utterly annihilated the Khwarezmian Empire within 2 years
>As well as conquering lots of grass previously owned by other horsemen
>Never really did anything

Are you dense or just baiting?
>>
>>575147
Retards like him look at the Middle East and think it was just entirely barren desert.

He's even spouting the Mamluk meme, thinking they actually stopped the Mongol Empire in force, and didn't just slap around Hulagu when he was busy fighting with his cousin.
>>
>>575095
>Never really overtook any of the major areas
>what is China, Persia, Russia
China and Persia were even the most densely populated places in the world
You fucking retard
>>
>>574810
Christianity.

/thread
>>
>>575147
>peasants
>levied peasants
>peasants on horses
>>575158
>probably thinks that barren desert is just barren desert
>the fertile crescent is the entire middle east
>trash

>implying the Mamluks didn't dominate them Mongs

>>575161
>peasant land that wasn't even fully conquered
>levied peasants pressganged into service and lovingly called "armies"
>the Rus being anything other than failure like their Viking forefathers

>population

Send 10 men send 100 men send 1,000 men against any trained force with the means to destroy that number of men and you will always receive the same results.
>>
>>575186
Lol what a total fucking reversal
>"They did nothing!"
"They did x, y, and z"
>"yeah, well they were poopy"

Those were impressive fears that all you can say in return, despite evidence, is that they weren't good.
>>
>>575186
What's your agenda m8?
>>
>>575186
How did Vietnam whoop the US?
>>
>>575270
It's not all out war. If there is no international law, morality code and US army is as savage as the Mongols, i would say North VN had no chance to defeat the US, I say this as an vietnamese.
>>
>>575186
This might come as a shock to you, but the majority of any and every civilisation consisted of peasants.
>>
>>575095
Bait or retardation?

Genghis Khan was long dead by the battle of Ayn Jalut. The Mamluks never faced the true "Golden horde"
>never really overtook any major areas
Again, bait or genuine retard
>>
The tag team of Cyrus and Darius

Cambyses gets an honourable mention for throwing cats at the Egyptians
>>
>>574810

Ögedei.

Genghis, outside of china, essentially committed a massive raid on an unprecedented level. Ögedei had to reconquer lots of it, and then brought the cities into the empire to tax and run.
>>
>>575289
Well the Soviets didn't care about Morality and they collapsed fighting Afghanis
Then again Amerilards aren't Gopniks with a fragile Economic System and their Superpower status didn't depend on Eastern Europeans Being too scared of the big red bad army boogeyman
>>
File: Khalid_Bin_Al-Walid.gif (18KB, 214x208px) Image search: [Google]
Khalid_Bin_Al-Walid.gif
18KB, 214x208px
Khalid ibn al-Walid
>>
>>575289
I say this as an American: We never really gave a shit about human rights in fighting that war.

If we found something really loathesome (which wasn't much) we just had the gooks or thais do it so we could sleep easier at night.
>>
>>576788
Or CIA.
>>
Cecil Rhodes
>>
>>575270
resolve anon, resolve
>>
File: mamlukes rekt.jpg (72KB, 283x616px) Image search: [Google]
mamlukes rekt.jpg
72KB, 283x616px
>>575186
>>implying the Mamluks didn't dominate them Mongs

Reports say that Hulagu had over 100k men in his army and most of them went to the kurultai with him, the mamlukes fought only the leftovers.

By the time of the mongols second defeat the all encompassing empire already died, the khanates didn't have enough manpower for big invasions anymore.

>ib4 but the Mamlukes would have reckt them anyway!

Oh yeah? outnumbered Mamlukes got defeated 1 time already, pic related.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.