[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oliver North

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Oliver_North_mug_shot.jpg (41KB, 800x1016px) Image search: [Google]
Oliver_North_mug_shot.jpg
41KB, 800x1016px
Was he a patriot or a traitor?
>>
Fall guy.
>>
How accurate is the song from American Dad?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lFV1uT-ihDo
>>
>>573529
Its not really high treason, but yeah it was pretty bad.
>>
>>573536
How come? I'm not big on my American constitution.
>>
>>573587

High treason is generally a term reserved for acts that explicitly try to overthrow the government.
>>
>>573587
congress said no, it was undemocratic
>>
>>573440
Why not both?
>>
>>573600
Ah I see, so what would it be called then? Just plain treason?
>>
>>573587
You don't need to be. When your government says, "We ain't going to war with <Group A>." and "<Group B> are terrorists who we will not negotiate with."... And then some guy is part of a plot to sell arms to <Group B> to pay for a secret war with <Group A>. That guy commited treason, regardless of which constitution you're under.
>>
>>573618
There is no such thing as "high treason" in US law, there is only "treason." That is defined as:

>Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.

I guess it's up to you to decide whether selling weapons to the Islamic Republic of Iran, whose proxy (Hezbollah) was currently holding US hostages, constitutes giving an enemy "aid and comfort."

The actual charges North and co. were brought up on were things like obstruction of justice, perjury, and so on, because they effectively concealed the evidence for their involvement (so most of the charges were about concealing the evidence, not about the Iran-Contra acts as such).

If this had happened today, some of them might have been brought up on material support for terrorism charges, but those didn't exist before the USA PATRIOT Act of 2001.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.