[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>S-Scotland was never conquered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: CROMWELL.jpg (47KB, 294x520px) Image search: [Google]
CROMWELL.jpg
47KB, 294x520px
>S-Scotland was never conquered
>>
File: Oliver-Cromwell-head-595728.jpg (54KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
Oliver-Cromwell-head-595728.jpg
54KB, 590x350px
>I-I'm God's Executioner
>>
Aren't Scotland united to England because a scottish queen ruled both ? Shouldn't be England the cuckhold
>>
>>573249
scottish speak english and are basically englishmen with funny accents at this point

they got cucked in the end
>>
>>573252

What if you are speaking Scots with a retarded accent?
Think about it.
>>
>>573249
Because at that point the two kingdoms were basically run by parliament. Gaelic aristocracy in Scotland was removed, highland clearances etc
>>
>>573249
Nah bro. Scots speak English, have pretty much forgotten their native language unlike Irish, and are 100% protestant just like their English masters. Scotland is literally a nation of cuckolds. Every Scottish 'man' has to give his wife to an English bull once a week
>>
>>573249
King.

James I of England was James VI of Scotland, before Elizabeth Tudor's death.

James taking the english crown is therefore the Union of the Crowns (1603) which created the United Kingdom (ie, united under one crown). They remained politically independent till 1707, when scotland had bankrupted itself in a disastrously mismanaged expansion to try to found a settlement in Panama (called the Darien Scheme). To dig itself out of the debt, the scottish parliament agreed to dissolve, and cede control to Westminster, which is the Union of the Parliaments.
>>
>>573389
>Scots speak English, have pretty much forgotten their native language

Scotland was speaking the same language as the English, before there was a Scotland, or an England.

The language you're referring to, "unlike the Irish", is Gaelic, which was the sole preserve of the Western Islands, some of the Highlands, and some of Ayrshire. Doric, which is a dialect of anglo-saxon root, was spoken in between, in the Grampians and the Kingdom of Fife.
The lowlands - the political and economic heart of Scotland, which have held the vast majority of the population throughout history and pre-history, have always spoken the same language as Northumbria, Yorkshire, and Cumbria in England.

Suggesting otherwise is, quite simply, gross ignorance of the reality of Scots history and linguistics.
>>
File: teanga na halban.jpg (43KB, 800x567px) Image search: [Google]
teanga na halban.jpg
43KB, 800x567px
>>573432
You've swallowed quite a bit of propaganda.

This only happened after the Lothian "Scots" and their English masters attempted to ethnically cleanse the Gaels from Alba. Prior to this, Gaeilge was the primary language of the nation. Practically all of Alba's place names are derived from Gaeilge, and it goes to show that the impostor Saxons claim the exonym of a Gaelic people.

It would be hilarious if your people weren't so vehemently xenophobic and scared of the truth.
>>
File: Montrose.jpg (55KB, 462x600px) Image search: [Google]
Montrose.jpg
55KB, 462x600px
>>573227
>Scottish Covenanters

Who even cares what happens to those bastards, they were traitors to the crown and got their shit kicked in by Montrose and 2,000 Highlanders with rocks
>>
>>573319
Scots is Anglic though, not Celtic.

Czechmate, skirt-wearers
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.