[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Best Youtube history channels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: real-crusades-history-channel.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
real-crusades-history-channel.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
ITT: Best Youtube history channels
>>
It's awesome if you are into Catholic dinduism.
The guy that owns the channel fights really hard to combat his autism but sometimes it just spills out. His assasins creed video and the comments were cringe worthy.

Historically he just pushes catholic dinduism by manipulating the evidence, hiding the ones that do not support his argument, relating stuff that have no evidence of relation at all just to prove his point, citing scholars while ignoring the counter arguments or even a consensus refutation against them. etc etc.

Its pointless to argue though, he is a catholic his viewers are mostly catholics so its just pointless.Back in octochan few catholics called me out and I literally sat down and spent 2-3 hours to show how shitty his videos are and how his catholic bias really detrimental in adressing history.Its like debating real islamic history with a guy from sauidi arabia.

It's really bad history.
>>
>>572514
I don't find Catholic bias inherently worse than secularist bias. The latter is pervasive, after all.
Whatever you think of his videos, he cites his sources and encourages viewers to read Crusades experts like Riley-Smith and Madden to form your own views.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGreatWar

The idea of this channel is pretty cool.
>>
John green :^)
>>
>>572501
on the topic of the crusades, this is the best podcast I've ever seen related to it.

historyofthecrusades(dot)podomatic(dot)com
>>
>>572524
Again I'm not saying he makes up sources or cites shit out of his ass. What he does is he really plays with the evidence and scholarship to further his beliefs.X happened because of Y needs evidence of a link, The guy links events happened with 500 year gap with no absolutely no evidence at all. Scholars say A needs counter arguments, whether there is a concensus and whether point B is considered more valid. I'm not saying masses hold every truth but to cite an old and outdated source without discussing the counter arguments and the recent scholarships view about it is very very bad sport and he does it very regularly. He also has a lot of modern assumptions about crusaders, in other words pushing 20-21st century mentality to them.

I can't nor want to sit down and dig sources and indicate his manipulation and weaknesses again. I don't know if there is an octochan archive but if there is just search realcrusadeshistory and you might encounters some of my old 4-5 post long refutations.

I'm done, I literally went to Maughan Library, found the church correspondence, in fucking latin, translated it, put it on octochan /his/, with a screenshot of the photo I have taken so people couldn't say I was a liar. Only to be brushed off and get labeled an "librul academic". I'm really done I stopped debating-arguing because that guy does it very naturally. Muslims get pissed off to point some inconsistencies, Orthodox get pissed off and point some inconsistencies, Academics get pissed off and point some inconsistencies. What he ends up with is a history channel for catholics by catholics.

I have no problem with that, if you are a catholic you can watch him larp deus vult all you like, provided that you are confined in your youtube,facebook page. I hated how left tries to influence academia and now we have to also fight with religious right. Thankfully they are still not in academic sphere so I'm a bit relieved.
>>
>>572552
>>572524

g2g but to add, If you are a prottie or orthodox, just avoid his facebook page and-or videos about ERE. My speciality is komnenian dynasty and I would have kept a few more hair on my hair had I not watch them.

Again he is biased as fuck while hiding behind a pretense of neutrality and he hides his manipulation of citations and scholarship very well.

I don't agree with all what Thomas Madden but at least I respect the guy, same with Victor Davis Hansen even though he is a sleazy motherfucker when it comes to receiving money from conservative institutes. But I can't and won't respect that manipulating larper, sorry. Farewell
>>
Lindybeige
>>
>>572501
https://www.youtube.com/user/TragedyandHopeMag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mz7_aRgmE4
>>
File: Wake me up Inside.png (75KB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
Wake me up Inside.png
75KB, 325x244px
>>572532
>>
I'm a CIA shill, so I have to plug China Uncensored in all of these.
>>
I'm a gun nut so I have to plug ForgottenWeapons.
>>
File: matteason.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
matteason.gif
2MB, 480x270px
Lindybeige & Scholagladiatoria.

Yes, I know I misspelled his last name in the filename.
>>
>>576062
ForgottenWeapons is the shit.
>>
>>576077
All those extremely rare prototypes make my dick hard.
>>
File: 220px-Thomas_Carlyle_lm.jpg (17KB, 220x301px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Thomas_Carlyle_lm.jpg
17KB, 220x301px
Traditionalism archive, they bring some absolutely amazing guests on and it's very soothing to listen to. Focuses on western history as a proper channel should.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.