[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The American Nations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: american nations.jpg (2MB, 3167x2159px) Image search: [Google]
american nations.jpg
2MB, 3167x2159px
How accurate are these maps of american cultural groups?

Largely the cultural boarders seem accurate to me as a Europeen. Although "the midlands" just seems to be completely inaccurate and lazy.
>>
Minnesota, Michigan, and Wisconsin have developed their own unique culture, yet all these maps lump them in with the East Coast for some fucking reason.Seriously, it's like two different worlds.
>>
>>572396
Yankeedom needs to be split into New England and Northern Cities/New England, Upstate, and Midwest.

That Spanish caribbean thing in florida is horseshit

New Netherland has to have a little less of Jersey

I live in the Northwest so I might be wrong but I find it extremely hard to believe that "El Norte" extends that far north.
>>
Did North America as it currently is nationally the most boring permutation of all the possibilities that could have been? I mean, there could have been a free Quebec, a free Texas, a free California
>>
>>572396
new netherland and yankeedom are almost the same 2bh
i really never understood why that NJ/NY sliver is always posited with a separate identity
>>
>>572396
Maryland needs to be a part of Tidewater. All of it
>>
>>572396
Americans don't see culture between states the way you Europeans might expect.
You will have a very hard time finding somebody who loves their state over their nation to a cultural degree.
The only exception might be the confederate types in Dixieland who would just draw their borders around their states anyway.
So really the balkanized America that you're trying to draw would just be the Confederate States with traditional borders and the United States comprised of every other state.
>>
>>572424
Is south florida its own cultural entity or simply an extension of the south?

>>572405
I would have thought there would be more of a rift between the north and south in "the far west"
>>
>>572572
You're probably just from a shit state
>>
>>572396
>Jamal, Cletus, and Colonel Sanders are part of the same nation
>Sven, Josef, and Jean Baptiste are not part of the same nation and it's absurd to suggest that a unity movement for their respective cultures should ever exist
The US needs to die
>>
>>572405
As a Minnesotan, this
>>
>>572396
>developped our own culture
We wish. We are drunk, sport watching venture capitalists just like everybody else in this country. Cops like to ticket international cars here in michigan tho.
>>
>>572549
Eugh, get your cuck borders ideas out of our country hanz.

Hmm, maybe i am a yankee. But is hardly noteworthy. states have no rights, this countries governors are glorified suply line managers. No sense calling it the u.s. outside of it being its name.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.