[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sex stuff in History

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: bsplayer 2016-01-18 12-03-34-67.png (287KB, 796x460px) Image search: [Google]
bsplayer 2016-01-18 12-03-34-67.png
287KB, 796x460px
Ok this is going to be a very weird question: why are blowjobs associated with the French?

I'm asking this because I'm watching two period dramas: the Tudors and Boardwalk Empire.

In The Tudors, King Henry asks the older Boleyn girl "what French Graces have she learned" during her stay in France and she proceeded to blow him.

In Boardwalk Empire, one of the main leads, Jimmy Darmody asks his wife if he could do him "the French Way" in which she replies "you want my mouth down there?"

Was the blowjob associated with France IRL?
If yes, why?
Why are blowjobs associated with the French?
Are they good at it?
Why?
>>
>>572234
This is going to sound bullshit BUT.

It's probably ahistorical. Multiple cultures demonstrate the knowhow of blowjobs. So its not just the French.

I think its a holdover from the 19th Century in which France *was* the place to be in Europe for sexual shit due to the Liberal lifestyle that took hold there during the 18th Century after the Revolution.

I read a book once on Urban France and Women for one of my classes and on sexuality, there was a bit there that shows a lot of Single French Women-workers in the 19th Century are pretty much some man's kept woman.
>>
I knew the answer but I forgot. Completely srs.
>>
File: Thaler.jpg (67KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Thaler.jpg
67KB, 854x480px
>>572234
A curious question indeed.
The problem is, tracing this myth back only gets you in the 16th to 17th century, when france was a big player in continental Europe.

So the dialogue in Tudors is ahistorical.

>Was the blowjob associated with France IRL?
Not really, more like english slander.

>Why are blowjobs associated with the French?
Probably because like anything sexual, you use stuff like 'xy nationality likes to do z' as way to demean your opposition.
Like lazy italians, cowardly frenchmen and so on.
>Are they good at it?
>Why?

No clue, but Louis XIV centered the whole court life around his persona. It would be a clever conjecture to also apply it to all things sexual in the aristocracy at the time.
Since roman times a fellatio was considered a one sided act. The receiving end(woman or guy who sucks dick) and the empowered end (guy who gets sucked off).

So yeah, I hoped I could anwser a few questions, but sexual history is really iffy.

You have hardly any sources and those who exist are locked tight because old laws against indecency were never updated.
>>
>>572234
I think it's mostly bullshit, made to mock other cultures, like banter you can find today on /int/.
I remember reading a bit about Monsieur, Philippe of Orléans, the brother of Louis XIV. He was a homosex and because of that every french guy at the court said he got the "italian vice", while brits mocked him by saying he had the "french dieases".
So it's just banter.

However, if you can't really compare by countries, you could compare by great cultural differences. Like how the Chinese had sex compared to Europeans.
>>
>>572330
>>572330
How did the Chinese have sex compared to Europeans?
>>
>>572234

Far as i know, it's a relatively modern term, in the same way that anal is "the greek way".
>>
File: Sex Manual Ming-Qing Period.jpg (76KB, 812x900px) Image search: [Google]
Sex Manual Ming-Qing Period.jpg
76KB, 812x900px
>>
>>572351
Wow, is that woman using a person as a seat?
>>
>>572415
Yes. A servant actually.
>>
>>572330
This. A lot of Europeans call whipping and shit like that "the English vice".
>>
>>572234
Basically shitposting between rivals. When two sides really hate each other for a long time, it's not uncommon to see slang turn up that vulgarizes the other. In English for example, a maid is neutral while a French maid - or French kiss and so on - has sexual connotations. The French have their own slang using English as a dirty adjective as well. This is because the rival is commonly denigrated as morally inferior.
>>
>>572330
>>572328
>>572234
Pretty much this.
For example "french kissing " is slang called so by English and most Anglo phone colonies.
However in France they actually call it "Anglo kissing " basically.
It's just little jabs towards rival cultures to make one look more (dare I say) "degenerate " or salacious for shits and giggles.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.