[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Theists believe god exists because something could not have come

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: BH_LMC.png (124KB, 261x209px) Image search: [Google]
BH_LMC.png
124KB, 261x209px
Theists believe god exists because something could not have come from nothing.

Atheists believe that the universe was a singularity prior to the big bang.

So do theists believe a singularity is god, or do they think a singularity is nothing?

Atheists believe a black hole is a singularity, but not the same kind of singularity that was the precursor to the big bang.

Do theists believe black holes are gods, or do they believe black holes are nothing?

If a theist says a black hole, a singularity, is a thing, how can a theist say the big bang says nothing created something?
>>
>>571672

>So do theists believe a singularity is god

Yes
>>
There is nothing to believe, this universe started from a singularity, and the rapid expansion of space and time from that point is what we call the Big Bang.

This has been proven without a shadow of a doubt.
>>
>>571672
>Atheists believe
Just stop. This shit needs to stop. The amount of religious shit-posting is just staggering.

Atheists don't believe in God. That's it.

> So how do they think the universe was created

Some probably don't care and will claim they don't know but that some scientist some day will find out. But it's not something you can say "atheists believe" any more than "Christians believe you shouldn't eat dogs".
>>
>>571757
The big bang hasn't been definitively proven per se. It's just the most well supported theory by an overwhelming amount.

There's still room for doubt and speculation.
>>
Atheists don't necessarily believe in a singularity. Some of them do.
>>
>>571795
Your word games don't change metaphysical reality. You hold a belief that God does not exist.

You obviously actively identify as one.
>>
Monotheists believe that black holes are creations of God like any other celestial entity.
They aren't nothing. There's only so much speculation one can make.
>>
>>571757
[Citation need]
>>
>>571827
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_microwave_background
>>
>>571827
Not that guy and all but if you really think the big bang hasent been proven to be pretty much 100% correct you should reevaluate youself. Anyone with even the slightest knowledge in physics would never dream of saying something so stupid.

It was considered proven beyond any doubt by physicists in the 50's. Let alone all the new evidence that has been accrued since them.

is this some epic troll?
>>
>>571672
Not every atheist believes in the singularity black hole theory. Some believe that the universe is like a sine wave, where the universe expands, contracts, expands and contracts in an infinite cycle.
>>
>>571812
>Your word games don't change metaphysical reality. You hold a belief that God does not exist.
You're completely missing the point of my post. Re-read it.
>You obviously actively identify as one.
Aimchair psychology doesn't suit you m8
>>
>>571672
Consider pantheism. This was a practiced religion of many. All religions that had a PANTHEon. Monotheistic faiths all came from pantheistic beliefs, even Judaism and its offshoots. Yehweh was the Canaanite god of war, the whole religious text was rewritten into a monotheistic story.

The answer to what is divinity and how did everything come to be lies in the study of ancient polytheistic faiths. We came from Chaos, the Gap var Ginnunga, nothingness, from that came the forces and the forces led to us. If you don't understand how something can come from nothing, look how whole light refracts from a prism. Whole light is present but not visible, the refraction is perceivable by us, the refraction point is creation. God said "let there be light," and as I said, the answers are already written you just have to study it to find them. We are a separation of God, divinity, nirvana. Ancient pagan religions were the study of how to return to the whole, new religions are a bastardization of faith. When kings realized they could use faith for power many teachings were rewritten to suit them, that's why we see war gods becoming the dominant gods and not gods of love or intellect.

Sorry that post is all over the place, its late, if you want me to clarify just ask. I've been deep into the study of various religions for some time and I've got more than a few "ah-ha!" explanations.
>>
>>572156
I lost track of my point, yes. Yes they do worship the singularity whether they acknowledge it or not. You don't even want to know what a black hole is... Not the devil, "evil" forces are a part of the whole.
>>
>>571672
Atheists dont necessarily believe in anything.

Plus, you show a very poor understanding of what a singularity is from a physics point of view.

"Singularity" is not infinity.

And the theory that the big bang expanded from a singularity is ultimately just a theory derived from a logical regression of the way we know the universe expanded.
The fact that we can present a valid idea of how the universe was at t=0.00000000001 miliseconds is still not the same as knowing how the universe looked like at t=0.
Its a visibility and physical frontier. Just like a black hole. Thats one of the reasons why singularities are called like that
>>
>>572175
just adding a clearing on this.
a singularity can be an infinity, but not necessarily.
>>
>>571757
There are other theories, like eternal inflation, that also fit current data.
>>
>>571846
>>572369
>>
>>571672
Threads like this are why >>>/sci/ think we are all fucking retarded. Great job OP.
>>
File: atheism.jpg (30KB, 354x351px) Image search: [Google]
atheism.jpg
30KB, 354x351px
Atheism is a mental illness.
>>
>>571672
>Atheists believe a black hole is a singularity, but not the same kind of singularity that was the precursor to the big bang.
Theists can believe that too so I don't follow you.
>>
wow, I don't think a single person here has read Aquinas or actually understands the slightest bit about the cosmological defense.

You guys do know that philosophy of religion is a specific field, right? There are texts you need to read and concepts you need to learn in order to actually understand what these DUMB THEISTS!!1! believe.
>>
>>571675
/thread
>>
>>572175
Actually, the Big Bang theory doesn't say anywhere that the universe generated from a point in space. It could have been originated from a finite or infinite space. What is sure is that it was originated from a point in time.
>>
>>571672
>Theists believe

Religious cancer needs to be saged, if not banned from this fucking board.
>>
>>571801
>The big bang hasn't been definitively proven per se. It's just the most well supported theory by an overwhelming amount.

By "well-supported", it should be noted that modelling as well as observation of leftovers such as cosmic background radiation have allowed us to replicate what was going on to the point of 0.0000000001 of a second (10 ^-11 seconds) after the big bang, and computer modelling has given us indications of 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001 of a second ( 10 ^-37 ) before the event itself.
>>
>>571757
>>571833
What if space is infinite and there are billions of big bangs happening all the time?
>>
>>573416
What if? That is in fact one of the two big ideas in cosmology right now and has been mentioned in this thread.
>>
>>573335
This. Adding Humanities was a a mistake.

Room for a lot of great discussion. Only ever used to shitpost
>>
>>571672
>Broad generalization
>Broad generalization
>Question based on false dichotomy
>Broad generalization
>Question based on False Dichotomy
>If I create a logical paradox out of unsupported assumptions and broad generalizations, surely this will make people think like me.
/thread
>>
File: 1380183046013.jpg (156KB, 373x327px) Image search: [Google]
1380183046013.jpg
156KB, 373x327px
>>573335
>>574247
Religious discussion should be fine, and having a board devoted to the humanities and history is great.

Too bad people fuck it up. Either /pol/ stops by for dinner, or people decide to discuss stuff they don't even have the slightest clue about.
>>
File: datum.jpg (63KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
datum.jpg
63KB, 500x446px
>>571795
>atheists don't believe in god. that's it
how convenient
why then, will you always try to tout a moral system that found its origin in christianity, or do the opposite and fight for extreme stupidity aka feminism+pro-immigration+pro-welfare+etc (in the vein of modern leftism)

face it, atheists are either communists in "disguise" or misotheists
>>
>>574460
>claiming christianity is the root of morality

Hammurabi's code, you dolt. Morality is independent of religion. Besides, Christianity is just a construct of humans, so we're... getting our rules from other humans? Sounds reasonable. Definitely not some "god" giving them to us, lol.
>>
>>574468
it was saints and christ you stupid misotheistic communist jew
>>
>>574474
Oh yeah, and then they wrote it all down in a very contradictory book? Please, elaborate how we can validate your claims
>>
>>574502
Jesus christ, I can feel the fedora radiating from your post.
>>
I think the point OP was trying to make was that the argument that there must be a creator, because nothing could not have exploded into everything, is disingenuous.
>>
>>574505
wow, nice one m8

isn't saying jesus christ against the 10 commandments? that apparently you follow?
>>
>>574511
This is so fucking basic that I'm going to assume you're trolling. Either way, don't expect another reply from me, since it's clear you're a fedora tipper no older than 16.
FEDORA
E
D
O
R
A

ps seek the verse where he says the old law has been fulfilled
>>
>>574474
How stupid
>>
>>574517
so basic? prove god to me then faggot

i think the fact we're having this conversation is indicative that
A. God doesn't exist because if he did everyone would know
B. God exists but doesn't give a shit so religion is worthless

how about you stop with the fedora shit and give a real answer?
>>
File: 1447866393090.jpg (96KB, 792x558px) Image search: [Google]
1447866393090.jpg
96KB, 792x558px
>>574523
No
>>
>>574526
reference >>574521
>>
>This thread
The greatest minds of our generation, Ladies and Gentlemen.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.