[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Accurate movies about the New World

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: map of the new world 1540.jpg (450KB, 724x550px) Image search: [Google]
map of the new world 1540.jpg
450KB, 724x550px
Ok so this may belong to /tv/ if so, sorry

I'm looking for historicaly accurate movies about the discovery of the Americas

It can be about pretty much everything, from the very first travel of Colombus to the western Frontier of the USA, trappers in Canada, the conquistadores...

By historical and accurate I mean either movies depicting actual events or fiction with good reconstitution of the times and places etc

Thanks
>>
Malick's The New World is surprisingly good for accuracy. The Pocahontas/John Smith stuff is all fiction, but most of the rest of the movie is very accurate, especially its depiction of the normal lives of the Jamestown settlers and nearby Native Americans.
>>
>>570970
Black Robe, yo.
>>
>>570970
Apocalypto od pretty solid if you forget the whole Mel Gibson thing.

The main inaccuracy is that it merged some aspects of Aztecs into Mayas and set the plot in the latest Classic period (Actually during the Maya collapse) , which was long before the Spanish arrived.
>>
>>570970
>>
>>570970
>Ok so this may belong to /tv/ if so, sorry
Nah you came to the right place

Nothing is ever discussed in /tv/.
>>
OP here I screened your suggestions thank you bumping this at the same time
>>
Every New World movie I've seen takes liberties for the sake of the story.

If you're really interested in this topic, you might enjoy reading Purchas His Pilgrims, aka Hakluytus Posthumous. It contains a bunch of first-hand writings from English explorers.
>>
>>571587
There were lots of populated Maya cities when the Spanish arrived. They're recorded by the Conquistadors. The Maya Collapse is way overblown.
>>
>>574076
I haven't seen Black Robe in years, what'd you think, OP?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.