[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metaphysics and War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

Does anyone think its possible to achieve transcendance through war? If anything, Ernst Jünger's experience is a glaring example. Evola also wrote of it.
>>
The /lit/his/ WAR STARTER PACK

The Iliad - Homer
The Peloponnesian War - Thucydides
Storm of Steel - Ernst Junger
Goodbye to All That - Robert Graves
The Raid, War and Peace - Tolstoy
Alcibiades I - Plato
The Bhagavad Gita
>>
File: ATHN MGNT.gif (6KB, 250x470px) Image search: [Google]
ATHN MGNT.gif
6KB, 250x470px
>>568987

TRANSCENDENCE —OF THE WORLD— CAN BE ACHIEVED EITHER VIA WAR, OR VIA PEACE, THE LATTER NECESSARILY ENTAILING THE FORMER, BUT THE FORMER NOT NECESSARILY RESOLVING IN THE LATTER.

WAR WITHOUT THE PURPOSE OF TRANSCENDENCE IS MERE BRUTISH BELLIGERENCE, RATHER MARTIAL STRUGGLE, AND PEACE WITHOUT THE PURPOSE OF TRANSCENDENCE IS MERE CONTENTED PACIFISM, RATHER THAN INTROSPECTIVE SERENITY, AND AS SUCH, WAR, AND PEACE, BECOME DEVICES FOR FURTHER IMMERSION IN THE WORLD, RATHER THAN MEDIA FOR TRANSCENDING IT.
>>
Ob fucking liga fucking tory
>>
>>568987
i find the notion absurd. i would consider of those that support the idea that they are liers justifying their attitudes, or are mentally ill. the small amount of evidence here suggesting that i might be wrong in this assumption disturbs me. i believe large scale transcendence requires peace, and war can only move in the opposite direction to this.

of course, im talking about starting conflict, not trying to prevent or resolve conflict.
>>
>>570663
Well I think "large scale transcendance" is rather ironic. The whole point of transcendance is doing it individually. And war, depending on certain factors, can be a spiritual pursuit upon which one finds transcendance. Ernst Junger notes in his book "Storm of Steel" which is one of a quadrilogy about his experiences in WWI, after being shot in through the lung: "Strangely, that moment is is one of very few in in my life of which I am to say they were utterly happy. I understood, as in a flash of lightning, the true inner purpose and form of my life." Page 281.
>>
>>569056

We know it's still you, ryzhknd. Take the schizophrenia elsewhere.
>>
>>569035

What about the Anabasis?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.