[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is God able of killing himself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 6

File: God.jpg (92KB, 500x613px) Image search: [Google]
God.jpg
92KB, 500x613px
Is God able of killing himself?
>>
>>564905
He sort of did allow himself to be nailed on a stick.

So yes. he can apparently.
>>
>>564911
That was his son.
>>
>>564917
And himself!
>>
>>564911

But he didn't die, he turned into a zombie.
>>
>>564922
Since when is the trinity taken seriously?
>>
>>564932

He was turned a zombie, three days later.
So yes he dies.
If Romans and Jews can do it, God should be able to do so too.
>>
>>564933

Christians believe the Father, the Son and Casper the Ghost are all separate beings and all one and that one is God.
>>
No.

/thread
>>
So is this the thread where all the atheist shitposters can be contained?
>>
>>564947

But he wasn't dead, he was just chilling in Hell until he came back as a zombie.
>>
God is a silly concept and poorly defined.

/thread
>>
>>564933
>>
>>564955

So he's not omnipotent.
>>
>>564962
It's a good question.
>>
>>564964

Can silly, poorly defined concepts kill themselves?
>>
>>564963

He was dead, that why he was in the Hell, have he been a zombie since the beggining he could not have been in the Underworld.
>>
I cant believe people actually believe in god on this fucking site. How
>>
>>564964
>poorly defined

Only atheist retards don't understand what God means. They think it's some sky wizard above the clouds.

They are dense and have the mentality of a 5 year old.

God = the omnipotent, omniscient creator. The uncaused cause. The creator of the universe, time, space & matter.
>>
>>564993
I cant believe there are people that DON'T believe in God. You have to be absolutely retarded.
>>
>>564996
>God = the omnipotent, omniscient creator. The uncaused cause. The creator of the universe, time, space & matter.

That explains nothing
>>
>>564993
because there is a god?

duh. why the fuck dont you believe?
what is your reason
>>
>>565010

Complete lack of evidence, the concept is unfalsifiable
>>
>>564989

But surely the definition of dead in this context is not existing at all. If God goes and chills with the devil in Hell for a couple of days that doesn't count as God being dead.

Jesus was human and God, it was the human part that died and the God part went and chilled in Hell and then went back into the human body part and turned it into a zombie.
>>
>>564996
>God = the omnipotent, omniscient creator. The uncaused cause. The creator of the universe, time, space & matter.

Chinese concept of "Tian" then.

Chinese civilization proven superior yet again.
>>
>>565002
>the creator of this finite reality we call universe

That's literally what God means.

He created the first animals and humans.
>>
Is this board just devolving into fedora and reverse fedora posts or is it one vigilant poster?
>>
>>565024
Who cares about ching chong changs?
>>
>>565018
Have you missed the other thread where tons of information and arguments were presented for the existence of God?
>>
>>565031
A Billion of Ching Chong Changs obviously
>>
>>565029

No, that defines something you don't explain with something else you don't explain. You also never demonstrate that any of the concepts you claim exist actually do. All you do is play a game of bullshit semantics
>>
>>564996

Yeah, that's pretty poorly defined.
>>
>>565030
Just atheist shitposters from Reddit.

Hide and move on.
>>
>>564996
>>565000
>>565010
Tell me what yours is citing evidence that is not:
Faith or weather-related miracles

Tell me how god can be omni-everything yet exist outside morality. yet Not be able to create something he cannot destroy. How he can't stand up to basic logic.
>>
>>565033

Was any of it testable?
>>
>>565039
www.compellingtruth.org

Click on "God" and read.

/thread
>>
>>565046

And can anything on this website be independently verified by, let's say, someone who isn't a shitkicker priest from Kansas?
>>
>>564996
>They think it's some sky wizard above the clouds.

There A LOT of Christians that think this too. You can't be serious saying that most Christians have this abstract concept of God, fuck off.
>>
>>565054
>ad hominem

It's clear you don't care about the arguments, evidence or proof.

You just want to further your confirmation bias.

You're a cocky atheist that asks questions but doesn't really care about an answer, they are questions meant to attack Christianity instead of start a meaningful discussion.

You're the most cancerous kind of atheist.
>>
>>564905
>mfw
death, selfhood and by extension otherness are emanations of god

it is absurd to ask "can god do x" because 1:god is and is beyond "x" 2:god would not be god if he was limited in any way. so in the context of your question, suffice it to say, god is death, god is killing, god is self, as well: god is the state of deadness and is simuletaneously beyond these things. God contains all of these things.

congratulations on yet another retarded question
>>
>>565038
This is why theists are such a cancer.
>>
>>565054
>asks for evidence
>guy posts evidence
>"HURR I WON'T READ THAT!"

Atheists in a nutshell.
>>
>>564967
>omnipotence means whatever I want it to mean

Omnipotence means all powerful, in theory one who could demonstrate themselves being destroyed is not a form of power.

You're defining power and omnipotence differently.
>>564905
Are you?

So many logical contradictions...
For instance just take Immanuel Kant, all the theist must do is posit that the one making the objection is not themselves omnipotent thus they can not truly call it a contradiction in itself because they are ignorant of the magnitude of such a proposition, this however does not affect the proposition being true or false.

tl"dr
If you think that people haven't thought of what you thought of and then solved it easily, you're dumb.
>>
>>565030
Why don't you try to answer the question instead of talking shit?
>>
atheists getting BTFO
>>
File: atheism.jpg (30KB, 354x351px) Image search: [Google]
atheism.jpg
30KB, 354x351px
/thread
>>
>>565046
>/thread

Does it have an answer as to whether God can kill himself? That's what the thread is about.
>>
>>565073
>www.compellingtruth.org
That isn't evidence. He literally ends up citing the bible.
>>
>>565095
>ignoring all the philosophical, theological and scientific arguments

Cherrypicking
>>
>>565074
>Omnipotence means all powerful, in theory one who could demonstrate themselves being destroyed is not a form of power.

Not being powerful enough to destroy themselves is demonstrating a lack of power.
>>
>>565085

>/thread

Interesting opinion you posted there on whether God can kill itself.
>>
>>565002
It explains everything actually.
Might I point you towards Francis Schaeffer's "how should we then live?" series.

>>565037
Ignorance isn't a legitimate objection.
>>565039
>How he can't stand up to basic logic.
It was logical that the Sun revolves around the Earth, it became heretical to say otherwise, then it became heretical to say so.

Throughout time the circle of what we "know" has been defined and redefined countless times, you're merely ignorant of your progenitors, its not a mark against you, though if you do nothing about it, then it is a mark against you.

In essence, you simply don't understand.
I don't know if anyone truly will in this life, however this is not a commentary the truth of such concepts and propositions.

Besides one break rationale at any moment and apply encompassing statements to themselves or subjective statements to themselves.
It makes you look like you don't understand basic ideas, such is the way of the Pyrrhonist.
>>
>>565100

Which?

The unfalsifiable ones or the ones that assume the clockwork universe that has been debunked for about a century now?
>>
>>565091
>Does the evidence you posted about what I am looking for posses what I am looking for?"
Only you can answer that...
>>
>>564996
Do better next time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zMf_8hkCdc
>>
>>565100
No... all it says is the different premises that God may exist

>Argument for cause
well ok, but it doesn't prove it was made by god...?
>Morality
This argument literally goes nowhere. Might as well have been "Let's just make God so we get people to do good morals"
Hammurabi's code with a big scary god instead.
>Intelligent design
Nigger please.
>>
>>565110
>It explains everything actually.

No, it actually doesn't. Your poor definition of the entity that apparently is behind every mechanism in the universe doesn't allow me to answer a single how-question about the universe. It's about as good an explanation for the universe as shape shifting fairies are
>>
File: Aquinas.png (468KB, 942x877px) Image search: [Google]
Aquinas.png
468KB, 942x877px
>>565046
>www.compellingtruth.org

>The Bible clearly speaks of demons or evil spirits, but what are they? Are demons fallen angels?

>Perhaps the clearest answer can be found in Revelation 12:9: "And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him." This verse states Satan is the devil and the serpent from Genesis 3. He was thrown down to earth with his "angels." The evil spirits or demons described in the Bible appear to be angels who joined Satan in his rebellion against God.

>Another helpful passage is found in Matthew 25:41. Jesus teaches, "Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." Those with the devil are called angels, the same beings called demons or evil spirits in other passages.

>Therefore, we can conclude demons are fallen angels.

The author of compellingtruth.org

Top kek.
>>
>>565114
>Debunking the falsifiable
It's clear you did not examine any of what was put forth in an intellectually honest manner.

Perhaps a reasoned critique or a decent refutation over "other people don't like this either" would suffice.
>>
>>565131
Yes, and all those premises are more than the arguments that God doesn't exist.

Infact, I've not seen any good argument that proposes that God doesn't exist.

There are no good alternatives, and the theory of evolution has been debunked years ago.

Biblical Christianity still holds true.
>>
>>565118

Just typing 'no' would have been easier and more honest.
>>
>>565136

Unless you can give me a method to falsify your claims, I'm going to assume I did
>>
>>565110
>Ignorance isn't a legitimate objection.

It's a good job I didnt use ignorance then.
>>
>>565135
>what are UFOs
>what are aliens
>what are channelers
>what are ghosts/spirits

Those entities are exactly what are referred to in the Bible as demons.
>>
>>565146
You do, most of atheist reaction to compellingtruth basically boils down to this:

>I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT, THEREFORE IT'S FALSE!
>>
>>565142
Please tell me this is all a troll. People cannot be this stupid.
>>
>>565135
>sharpening up Christian philosophy so perceived holes within its own paradigm have light shed on them

You're making yourself look stupid.
You're like The Natives of New Guinea laughing at Westerners because they have Bullet Resistant armor, Medicine, and Titanium.
>>
>>565157
>Ad hominem

Will atheists ever be capable of addressing an argument instead of shitposting?

Apparently not.
>>
File: Sam.png (895KB, 920x2492px) Image search: [Google]
Sam.png
895KB, 920x2492px
>>565157
See Francis Schaeffer's "How should we then live?"
>>
>>565171

You do know that David Hume pretty much debunks everything Aquinas ever wrote, right?
>>
>>565161
Same as believers as I see.
>>
>>565161
Then back up your claims!! Don't just say evolution doesn't exist, cite it! don't use some site that unironically cites the bible which is only a claim. I demand proof.

There is no reason TO believe in god. There has been absolutely nothing since the "bible" that has made god apparent. You people are just scared of the dark. Having to grasp at "Well the big bang theory is a hoax because we can't explain it all yet therefore God" as a last resort is pathetic.

Why are there so many world religions? Why do they all fight among one another? Why does no one have the definitive answer? Why do polytheistic religions like Hindu not believe in a Abrahamic god if he's the correct one? Why is it the people of Judah that were chosen? Why did we not know about all the people of the earth? Why did God create math and the laws of physics if only to disprove himself? Why do christians go to "Well god is everything so logic arguments don't work BTFO atheists" when you can't prove he's everything? That claim is astoundingly easy to make yet not back up. I could go on and on.

Can't we just accept we're scared?
>>
>>565171
>Science is ignorant
>>
>>565199
http://www.newgeology.us/presentation32.html
>>
His Omnipotence means power to do all that is intrinsically possible, not to do the intrinsically impossible. You may attribute miracles to Him, but not nonsense. This is no limit to His power. If you choose to say "God can give a creature free-will and at the same time withhold free-will from it," you have not succeeded in saying anything about God: meaningless combinations of words do not suddenly acquire meaning simply because we prefix to them the two other words "God can". It remains true that all things are possible with God: the intrinsic impossibilities are not things but nonentities. It is no more possible for God than for the weakest of His creatures to carry out both of two mutually exclusive alternatives; not because His power meets an obstacle, but because nonsense remains nonsense even when we talk it about God.

>"lol can God create a stone so big he can't lift it? xDDD"
is a shitty Reddit meme.
>>
Depends on how omnipotence is understood. For Classical conceptions of God (Classical Theism), omnipotence is not a readily available power to do anything (The Theistic Personalist view) but rather being the constant source of reality and its order by God's nature. Thus God is all-powerful (omnipotence) despite not being all-powerful in the sense of having all the powers of all degrees of existing.

For example: God is non-competitive with nature. To apostolic faiths and classical Christianity generally change in nature (and things we'd call miracles) is more akin to changing the notes on an instrument to change the sound, rather than changing the sound waves manually. Thus "God lifting a stone" in a human sense is incompatible and incoherent with the situation. God could empower a person (such as the human form of Jesus) to lift the stone and God is the one that allows the stone to be moved and exist as it is, ultimately, but it makes no sense to talk about God like that.

Further, God wills things according to his nature. We don't know anything beyond that, so to ask if God can will two different contradictory states of affair works against the notion of God acting according to his eternal, unchanging will. To frame the question would also assume God changes, which, by his known attributes, we know that is not the case.
>>
God can limit himself. Like when he entered Creation as Jesus.
>>
>>565221
With what authority can you make all those claims about God?
>>
>>565208
lol
>bacteria
>species

>mutations are bad?

>fossil record gap is not a good argument, it's petty

>"some animals are unchanged" Yes, because... it didn't need to change anymore?

yeesh

>>565221
OK, so then why does God exist if he's all that? Why is there a need for him in all this?
>>
>>565233
>asks a question
>get an answer
>"OMG ON WHAT AUTHORITY DID YOU SAY THAT?"

This is why nobody likes atheists.
>>
>>564933
>I believe in the afterlife some man in the clouds with unlimited power but the Holy Trinity is just nonsense

Ok.
>>
>>565242
Why can you decide that this simple question is nonsense?

He's so complex that these questions are dumb but at the same time you can even tell me the color of his underwear. Can't you see the contradiction?
>>
>>565208
https://sites.google.com/site/cabbagesofdoom/evolution-creationism/debunking/debunk001-debunkingevolution
>>
>>565274
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjvuwne0RrE
>>
>>565242
Wait, what? Asking how someone got an answer is heresy? No one likes atheists because we're inquisitive? What the fuck?
>>
>>565286
Why do you show me these untrue things?

>Earth is a closed system

I stopped.
>>
>>565309
So you have no arguments?

I win.

Christianity: 3
Atheism: 0
>>
>>565317

No, you are demonstrably wrong
>>
>>565317
I literally state mine. All his premises are false.
The closed earth system, transitional fossils... He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Also, you didn't read my link so please stop being so smug. Posting pseudo science presented with an air of confidence does not make you superior.
>>
>>564905

1/2

I would really love to know that there is indeed a God, and that this life is not going to end in the same nothingness that was before our births, yet the more we know the more it seems that there isn’t really any design in the Universe, and that things are actually devoid of any purpose or meaning.

We already know that our planet is not the center of anything, that our species is nothing especial and that we were not created in the likeness of a divine being. All the religious texts of every civilization have been disproven, and every miracle, once it is carefully analyzed, ends up being disproven.

Yet when we really use logic, we end up with two possible scenarios that are kind of incomprehensible:

1-Something that is eternal and have always existed. The initial cause of existence, be it God or some form of Universe that gave birth to our Universe, or any initial substance etc.: a thing or being that is eternal, that had not a beginning.

2-Something (either our Universe or the palce fro were our Universe emerged or the place before that, etc., the original surge of existence) came into existence out of nothing: the absolute emptiness suddenly had time, space and matter.

There is not apparently any option, either 1-something was eternal and is the origin of existence or 2-something came from nothing. The problem is: do we really have the capacity to understand infinity, or can we really comprehend the mechanism of something coming from nothing?
>>
>>565332

2/2

For all we know our brains are probably limited, so there are things in existence we are never going to understand, and actually not even knowing they exist. For example: some colors are out of our visible spectrum, and although they exist our eyes and our brains simply cant perceive them. And another thing: we might try to teach physics and chemistry to dogs, but their brains simply can’t understand that: they have organic limitations that will never be conquered, and so many aspects of reality are forever out of their reach.

So I guess that is extremely probable that our brains are organically incapable of understanding certain aspects of existence (or perceiving certain aspects of it), and maybe it is here that our difficulties with the concepts of infinity and existence-out-of-emptiness lie.

>>565317
>Christianity: 3
>Atheism: 0

You are taking the easy way out, probably out of fear or egocentrism. If humans were always satisfied with the simple answers, like you, we would still probably be living in caves and worshiping the gods of thunder and fire.
>>
>>565332
>Yet when we really use logic, we end up with two possible scenarios that are kind of incomprehensible
>two possible scenarios

Only two? You never consider the idea that there may be an infinite amount of scenarios that you simply don't know anything about?
>>
>>565342
Well said. I especially like your color example. However, if there is, as you say, a thing that is eternal, why does it exist? If we see no proof of it, etc etc etc, why does it need to exist? We aren't interacting with it. We don't need it. Couldn't it just be construed as a comfort?

I'm fine with the premise that our brains are limited, just as a dog or cat's. That's a comforting fact, really.
>>
God has killed himself already, that's why we live in this hell.
>>
>>564905
No. He has tried many times but he always come back.
>>
>>565102
Power is not strictly Kraft.
>>
I suppose he could

But he could just bring himself back to life again. I guess.
>>
>>564933

It's just a meme, family.
>>
>>564905
god is dead, just like cuckchan
>>
>>565102

I think he means that yeah, God has ultimate power, so - in theory - he could kill himself.

BUT if you have ultimate power you wouldn't kill yourself, in fact you'd do just what God does: you'd use that ultimate power for... well, for anything, really - from creating universes to performing small miracles.

And, of course, you'd observe your little zoo(s).

You only want to kill yourself if you have no (or little) power.
>>
>>567858
if God is perfect why does he need to do anything else?
>>
>>564905
Jesus died.
But because He is God he also resurrected.
>>
>>564905
No. God is already dead, it was murder not suicide.
>>
>>564905
Yes, but it's incredibly boring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MqPkWZxmMQ
>>
>implying god is a single entity capable of being "killed"
lol christians
>>
>>565029
>he created the first animals
>and humans

>christian biology
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.