[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thread about the crusades. Lets discuss the crusaders /his/,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: knighttemplar.gif (71KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
knighttemplar.gif
71KB, 500x380px
Thread about the crusades.

Lets discuss the crusaders /his/, why are they so cool? How did they exactly operate with say the Kingdom of Jerusalem, were they obliged to obey the king or the pope? From my understanding the knights templars operated like a private limited company. Why were they hunted down when other knight orders were allowed to go on and many of them surviving today?
>>
Crusaders looked way cooler than muslim forces...
Do muslims really think the muslim get ups were more aesthetic?
I mean croocked swords cannot compare with big straight ones and so on...
>>
>>564351
They're better on horseback though, something Christians didn't realise till after the Crusades.
>>
>>564370
You mean christian forces were better on horseback? Why?
>>
The crusades were mostly a failure.
They got BTFO by Saladin Ayoubi's army.

Also they are not Christians, they are Papist scum and knights of Babylon.

Call them Papists, Peterists, Maryists, Catholics or Babylonians, but don't call them Christians because that is an insult to Jesus Christ, God and true believers.

/thread
>>
human nature
>>
>>564408

But they are annointed
>>
that scene in kingdom of heaven where the muslim army prays before besieging jerusalem was pretty cool
>>
>>564167

>Why were they hunted down when other knight orders were allowed to go on and many of them surviving today?

Because the king of France wasn't massively in debt to the other knightly orders.
>>
>>564167
while the idea of clusterfuck of peasants of different countries coming to fight muslims is cool, it all came down to greed, really. Most of them weren't noble knighs but thugs that had interest in becoming rich. At the end crusades did more bad than good because it unified caliphate, fucked byzantium, and achieved nothing. They should have went to iberia instead of jerusalem.
>>
File: Yucel_30_ISAS.jpg (146KB, 780x1070px) Image search: [Google]
Yucel_30_ISAS.jpg
146KB, 780x1070px
>>564351
>I mean croocked swords cannot compare with big straight ones and so on...

The oldest curved islamic sword post-dates the crusades. their swords were straight.
>>
>>564456
>>564456
Please explain.
>>
>>564486
Many people did it for the sake of faith
>>
>>564351
>Do muslims really think the muslim get ups were more aesthetic?

Yes they did, and they were

Firstly, as other anon said, crusade-era Muslims mostly didn't use curved swords; Turks did to some extent but the Fatimids, Damascenes, Ayyubids, etc. generally did not.

Secondly, it was Arab practice to cover mail with cloth, which is why the Muslims called the Franks of the first crusade "men of iron" - it wasn't that the Muslims didn't have mail (they did), but that the Franks seemingly wore nothing over their mail. The surcoat, like the one the guy in the OP is wearing, was adopted thereafter, probably from Arab/Muslim dress.

Basically, even the crusaders knew the Muslims were more aesthetic, that's why they copied their shit.
>>
The crusades permanently ruined the relationship between Rome and Byzantine.
>>
We can't have a serious dicussion on the Crusades without discussing the involvement of the Venetian Republic. There would be no crusades without it.
>>
>>564408
>Protestant whine
>>
>>565345
>Historic facts

>Catholic in denial

Keep worshipping the devil, see where it gets you.
>>
>>565358
>worshipping the pope is worshipping the devil
>worshipping a decadent english king is not worshipping the devil
>>
File: photo.jpg (116KB, 960x622px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
116KB, 960x622px
>>
>>564167
is the man in op's pic ok? he looks sad in the bumbum : /
>>
I find the Crusader States more interesting than the Crusades.
>>
>>564167
>Why were they hunted down
Because they were the richest, and damn near the richest in Europe. The King of France wanted that wealth, so he tried to steal it from them.
>>
1st crusade was a roller coaster of success and failure.

4th caused the fall of constantinople and therefore the roman empire.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.