[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw muslims say that while europe was in the dark ages the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: lepersianface.jpg (69KB, 570x797px) Image search: [Google]
lepersianface.jpg
69KB, 570x797px
>tfw muslims say that while europe was in the dark ages the muslim world was flourishing
>mfw all the muslim advancements in science, medicine, and math were created by Persians (Aryans)
how are indo-europeans not the master race?
>>
Muslims aren't a race, but the Universal Religion; so we don't care about the ethnic origin of the Muslim scholars as much as anyone else.

And not all of the advancements were made by Persians, rather many.
>>
>>563651
If only the Persians weren't sectarian plebs
>>
Persians are still muslims, Chubek
>>
>>563658
They were Sunnis during the Golden Age, (force) converted to Twelver Shi'ism from 1501 onwards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safavid_conversion_of_Iran_to_Shia_Islam

All Muslims are having these problems.
>>
The Aryan Persians stole from Nordic Greeks as well. Fucking Muslims clutching at straws as usual.
>>
>>563810
>Nordic Greeks

You know, at this point, I'm seriously considering leaving this board for /r/history

Not even being ironic
>>
>>563833
You probably should. Redditors aren't very good at detecting humor or irony either.
>>
File: 353654.jpg (49KB, 704x441px) Image search: [Google]
353654.jpg
49KB, 704x441px
>>563851
>>563851

Fuck offfffffffffff
>>
>>563523
There is absolutely nothing European about Aryans. Why would any European even attempt to biggie back on achievements of Asia? Inferiority complex being shown yet again whitey.
>>
>>565255
WE WUZ ARYANS N SHIT

t. snownigs
>>
File: DudeJihadLmao.jpg (124KB, 800x1156px) Image search: [Google]
DudeJihadLmao.jpg
124KB, 800x1156px
>>563523
Mongolians man. Damn Mongolians went and rained on the "Muh Islamic Golden Age" parade.

Pre-Steppe Asian Invasion

>Be 7th century war-chief of the Sand People
>See paganism is old and busted, Semitic religion is the new hotness
>Notice two crumbling empires neighboring me, just begging for a taste of my new OT mixtape "Religion of Peace"
>"Damn, I wish I could read all this science and shit" the refugees exclaim as they are peacefully welcomed into Damascus and Ctesiphon
>"translate" collected works written in Greek, Latin and Persian into Arabic. t.Mohammed
>>
File: AverageNightinFunland.jpg (51KB, 604x403px) Image search: [Google]
AverageNightinFunland.jpg
51KB, 604x403px
>>565555

>Fast forward to 1258
>Just another day in the glorious Caliphate
>Suddenly Baghdad is surround by a sea of angry horsefuckers
>Caliph goes to negotiate with the Finnish Horde
>Forced to watch his city be raped and pillaged with such gusto and art it would become part of his DNA, to be passed down to future generations of peaceful immigrants
>As a final act of enrichment, Spurdo Khan dumps the entire library of Baghdad into the Tigris
>The water is said to have turned black from all the ink
>Rinse and repeat across Asia minor
>Muslim Mongols (aka Timurids) give the rest of Iran and India the same treatment but double down on the rape and pillage part
>Fast forward to THE CURRENT YEAR
>"We wuz scholars n sheeiiit. Youz crackaz wuz livin da dark ages while we wuz spittin mad arithmetic an gettin science back on track. Then you honkees dun went an took'd all our caligrafeez!"
>>
>>563523
>how are indo-europeans not the master race?

let me guess, you're a pig skinned white savaged trying to take credit for(or attach yourself to) west asian history and achievements by using the term indo-european. News flash euroclown, you are in no way connected to the Persians, your ancestors had fuck all to do with that, be happy with what your ancestors did instead of always trying to latch onto the history of other people you fucking parasite
>>
>>566083
fucking this.
The funny part is some will move the goal posts in certain arguments and say Greeks and Italians aren't white but are Indo-European.
If you think about it, this actually means "aryans" are rather shit.
Also
>"dark ages were intellectually dark meme"
Leave.
>>
File: Persiafags.jpg (280KB, 1270x1136px) Image search: [Google]
Persiafags.jpg
280KB, 1270x1136px
>>563523
They were Persian Muslims so it doesn't disprove anything
>>
File: 1452182976775.jpg (90KB, 490x604px) Image search: [Google]
1452182976775.jpg
90KB, 490x604px
>>563523
thinking that race=religion
low b8
>>
>>566526
>>566531
I think these kids are hilarious whenever I come across them desu
>>
>>563523
>how are indo-europeans not the master race?
They are.

They most definitely are.

>>566083
>>566167
I'm Asian and I agree with OP. It's objectively true, grow up.
>>
>>566557
>I'm Asian and I agree with OP

who gives a fuck what you think you white ass kisser, you being asian doesnt make anything true.
>>
>>566557
Indo-European is a language classification. The only connection Europe has with Iran is having a similar language of origin.
>>
>>565220
>no fun allowed
it was an obvious joke, stormfront ain't coming yet
>>
>>566581
We have the same ancestors. Their language didn't get there by magic.

We're like half brothers,
>>
>>565555
nice quads
nice file name
>>
>>566597
>half
Not even close.
>>
>>566597
>We have the same ancestors

there are many people that have the same ancestors, many africans have west asian ancestors but im sure you would through a bitch fit if they tried to claim or attach themselves to west asian civilizations.

>We're like half brothers,

no, we're not
>>
>>565220
epic
>>
>>566083
I'm actually Armenian, so yes, I am very closely related to Persians.
>>
>>565220
>Descartes
>picture of Voltaire
>>
>>566791
There is no such a thing as """"Indo-Europeans"""" outside of linguistics

t. another Armenian
>>
>>567125
>In a time before central schooling everyone within a vast area from Éire to Iran and further onwards to Bengal speak the same language with minor differences
>The native populations did so for no reason other to communicate with their neighbours, but they never intermarried with them

Yeah, sure. I bet they were outnumbered 1000/1, too, and they somehow forced the natives to adopt a language and customs from a completely different language family/cultural group; throwing their own in the trash bin of history.

Sure.
>>
>>567151
>>In a time before central schooling everyone within a vast area from Éire to Iran and further onwards to Bengal speak the same language with minor differences
This has never been the case

>but they never intermarried with them
They did, but the natives outnumbered the newcomers by far.

>customs from a completely different language family/cultural group
How do you know their customs are Indo-European?
>>
>>567125
do you have skype? i love meeting other armenians off of 4chan
>>
>>567208
We have an IRC chatroom with a couple of other Armenians from /int/. Haven't used it in a while though.
>>
>>567226
Ah, okay. You from glendale by any chance?
>>
>>567227
Nope, I am from Russia.
>>
>>567229
Interesting, never met an Armenian from Russia before.
>>
>>567231
Are you from Glendale?
>>
>>567231
Yep. My dad and grandparents are all from Iran.
>>
>>567240
Nice. There was a guy from Iran on /int/ too. Do you go there? It is mostly shitposting and generals but there is no other alternative on 4chan for discussing cultures with foreigners.
There is a guy from Glendale there too, we "meet" on /int/ from time to time and go to the chatroom and discuss shit. You can join too if you want.
>>
>>567261
Sure, give me the chatroom and ill figure out how to connect. And Im pretty sure I have the other Glendale guy added on skype, but i stay mostly on /pol/, /his/ and /r9k/
>>
>>567275
Is he from Gyumri/Leninakan?
Do you have an email that I can send the link to? I don't want the otars to know :^)
>>
>>567289
email me @ [email protected]
>>
>>567297
sent:)
>>
>>567311
I'm in, brah
>>
I feel sad that Iranians lost their alphabet. Is there really no remnants of what it looked like?
>>
>>567345
What did you mean by that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pahlavi_scripts
>>
cringed so many times going through this thread
>>
>>567864
can you list all of the cringes you had?
>>
A. Persians vastly overcontributed compared to their population, but Arabs did a lot too. See Ibn Haytham/Alhazen.

B. Indo-Europeans haven't been a unified thing since 4000/3500 BC. The genetic differences between modern IE-speaking populations are far, far, far, far greater than their similarities. The only reason Indians stand out is because the locals they mixed with were darker - the IE component of their genetic makeup is, however, probably greater than that in Spain or Ireland.

By the historical period, there are so few cultural similarities as well, that speaking of Indo-Europeans as any kind of singular people is retarded. The only things that remained remotely constant were certain aspects of religion, but even without Christianity or Islam interfering, there were radical changes all over the IE world.
>>
>>567345

You really do need to look at this >>567472 and think about what it represents.

Persians have always been Semiteboos. They have always predominantly used scripts immediately borrowed from Semitic languages. As often as not, the administrative language of their empire was Semitic. Even when writing in Persian, under the Sassanids, literary Persian was highly mixed with Aramaic elements, including Aramaic words used logographically.

And this is BEFORE Islam.

The only really stand-out native Iranian script is the Avestan alphabet, which from the beginning was only really used to preserve an autistically precise pronunciation of their old liturgical language - it only became used for non-religious documents after the Islamic conquest, among the increasingly small, isolated, and insular Zoroastrian communities.

Granted, the Avestan script is miles ahead of the disgusting sand squiggles that don't even indicate vowels, and fits the Persian language far, far, far better than Arabic script. But the modern Persians are just continuing the legacy of Cyrus the Great and Khosrau by using a shitty script that barely fits their language.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.