[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So does the morally righteous God create or conform to states

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: phYOa.jpg (76KB, 801x406px) Image search: [Google]
phYOa.jpg
76KB, 801x406px
So does the morally righteous God create or conform to states of pure morality?
>>
He is those things.

The reason there is good in the world is because all of those benevolent thoughts and actions are a reflection of God.

We were made in His image, so we share a little glimpse into what He is like.

As for sin and evil, that's what separation from God is like.

When we compare subjective morals between nations/states/people, we are infact comparing them to an objective moral standard, which is what we could call God's standard or absolute good/law.

C.S. Lewis goes more in detail about this in his book "Mere Christianity".
>>
>>563228
This. if there was no God, we would be nothing but savage animals seeking to fulfill our chemical urges. there would be no such thing as "good" or "wrong", everthing becomes relative and lawless
>>
File: 1429296409957.jpg (12KB, 406x422px) Image search: [Google]
1429296409957.jpg
12KB, 406x422px
>>563241
>if there was no God, we would be nothing but savage animals seeking to fulfill our chemical urges

I guess there is no God then
>>
>>563228
Why do you call a metaphysical concept a "he"?
>>
>>563367
>>552356
>>
>>563351
>being your reptile brains bitch

I feel bad for you son etc
>>
>>563228
>C. S. Lewis

Discredited
>>
>>563228
>>563241

God is immoral.

Following God's morality without exercising your own is amoral, because you choose to follow a moral standard without exercising your own morality.

>>563241
>Implying were not animals
Moral standards stem from a sense of our collective tribe, and are based on what benefits the group, rather than just the individual.

Sin and evil stem from people acting in their interest instead of the groups, or from a lack of empathy.
>>
>>563388
>Supernatural cockslobber accuses someone else of being a 'bitch'
>>
>>563404
>Materialist cockslobber accuses someone else of being a 'bitch'

You're literally sucking Satan's balls dry, that's how much skull-fucked you've been.
>>
>>563417
That's not even a proper sentence, anon. You're accusing someone of being a materialist? You're a hypocrite then? Because you obviously care about the material world; you're on the internet.
>>
>>563429
>this physical world is all there is

>despite UFOs and ghosts proving you wrong
>despite quantum physics proving you wrong
>despite the Holy Bible proving you wrong

Kill yourself.
>>
>>563404
>personal growth through a greater appreciation for real and the miracle of life
>being a bitch

Stay cu cked
>>
>>563446
No, you kill yourself. Paradise awaits you friend. Why exactly are you still here if that's truly what you believe?

>despite UFOs and ghosts proving you wrong
Proving me wrong by not existing?
>despite quantum physics proving you wrong
Please, enlighten me as to how quantum mechanics proves there's more to the world than material. I'm sure you're very well versed in it's framework.
>despite the Holy Bible proving you wrong
>M-muh holy book
>>
File: 1446041494542.jpg (46KB, 1263x675px) Image search: [Google]
1446041494542.jpg
46KB, 1263x675px
>>563388

>implying free will exists
>implying the illusion of it isn't fundamental to our mental sanity
>>
>>563465
I'm sorry, I can't hear you through all the cock-gobbling.

Can you take Satan's dick out of your mouth for 1 second?
>>
>>563517
>implying determinism means skipping the gym because "welp, chemicals or something Lmao"
>taking determinism as a free pass to be a lifeless, passionless dullard

OK chief be my guest
>>
>>563532
Nice argument, friend.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.