[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tell me anything about the Hittites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: hittites.png (533KB, 670x543px) Image search: [Google]
hittites.png
533KB, 670x543px
tell me anything about the Hittites
>>
Didn't they have iron way before everyone else?
>>
>>561892
Fucked up those Egyptians and Babylonians.
>>
>>561892
Allied wit. Trojans in Trojan war
>>
>>561902
they were assyrians senpai
>>
>>561905
No the Hittites did to. At least according to the book "Secrets of the Hittites".
>>
>>561892
Their language is related to English
>>
>>561914
uh
>>
>>561914
They were Indo-Europeans/Aryans but i think their language was one of the first to break away from the Proto-IE dialect.
>>
>>561892
conquered by the Polish
>>
>>561923
>[citation needed]
>>
>>561932
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hittite_language
>>
File: IE_map1.jpg (51KB, 614x339px) Image search: [Google]
IE_map1.jpg
51KB, 614x339px
>>561932
>>
>>561923
>aryan
someone needs to make it a rule to ban anyone that uses this word on this board since it has no basis in reality.
>>
File: IE_map2.jpg (59KB, 614x339px) Image search: [Google]
IE_map2.jpg
59KB, 614x339px
>>561948
The Proto-Indo-Europeans used to be called Aryans but thanks to le ebin mustache man they had to be given a more politically correct name.
>>
File: IE_map3.jpg (64KB, 614x339px) Image search: [Google]
IE_map3.jpg
64KB, 614x339px
>>
>>561959
Oh god this is getting confusing.
>>
>>561946
>>561959
what's the source of these maps youre posting
>>
>>561948
/lit/ and reddit need to be banned already.
>>
>>561959
We have no evidence they called themselves aryans
>>
File: 1438486634783.jpg (102KB, 680x966px) Image search: [Google]
1438486634783.jpg
102KB, 680x966px
>>561997
They didn't call themselves "Proto-Indo-Europeans" either :^)
>>
>>561997
We have no evidence they called themselves indo-europeans either. Should the word not be allowed?
>>
>>561948
The Hitler meme needs to die. You people are repulsive.

Éire (Ireland) & Iran are descended from the root Proto-Indo-Iranian "*arya-".

>From Sanskrit आर्य (ā́rya, “noble" or "noble one”), from Proto-Indo-Iranian *arya-, the original Indo-Iranian autonym. Borrowed into English in the 19th century, at first as a term for the Indo-Iranian languages, and later partly extended to the Indo-European languages and peoples following a theory by Friedrich Schlegel that connected the Indo-Iranian words arya / ā́rya with German Ehre (“honor”) and some older Germanic names, thus assuming that it was the original Indo-European autonym meaning "the honorable people".

They most certainly called themselves Aryan.
>>
>>562150
>The Hitler meme needs to die.
I dont care about Hitler anon, the whole aryan thing confuses things when people are discussing the genetics of white people. We need a consistent accepted line of genetic groups of white people to avoid confusion my friend.
>>
>>562156
>le white people
I swer fucking US faggots and their obsession with ''white''. Stupid ass mutts
>>
>>561959
Aryan only refers to Indo-Iranians. They actually called themselves Aryans, which is why you shouldn't use it for non-Indo-Iranians. It's fine to call them proto-Indo-Europeans because nobody actually called themselves that. It's just a label we give them. If we call them all Aryans though, it's like calling all British people 'Scottish', or all European people 'French'. It's just stupid and takes away the words actual meaning.

>>562150
Éire has nothing to do with Aryan. It comes from a proto-Celtic word related to land and fertility, while Aryan means something more like 'honourable'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89ire#Etymology
>>
>>561914
the word for water in hittite is "watar."
>>
>>561946
>>561959
what is afanas'yevo group?
>>
>>561892
my father heard things about them. he told me that even the sultans were afraid of them. old warrior tribe
>>
Everyone in this thread seems really confused

I'll sort it out.

Hittites were an Indo-European speaking group that living in modern day Turkey about 1600 BC.

They are the most ancient known Indo-European civilization we know about.

Indo-European in the past has been called "Aryan".

This word WAS NOT used by early indo-european people. we have no idea what language they spoke so we don't know how the called themselves.

Aryan is what the Iranian-Indo banch of the Indo-Europeans called themselves, therefore it would be incorrect to name all Indo-Europeans this way. Since it's a very ancient way of saying Indo-European, it gain popularity in the 19th century. It fell in disuse after being heavily used by the Nazis.
>>
>>561892
>Hittites
cant find shit on the internet. secret warrior tribe
>>
>>563143
Not a tribe, an empire.
>>
File: 1424300734785.jpg (50KB, 436x337px) Image search: [Google]
1424300734785.jpg
50KB, 436x337px
They fucked up Babylon and Egypt with iron weaponry.
>>
>>561892
biblical
>>
>>561909
I think that he meant that Hitties fought Assyrians, not Babylonians.
>>
my ancestors
>>
They are not referred to much in the Bible, so they weren't much.

The major ancient civilizations were:

1. Babylon
2. Egypt
3. Assyria
4. Israel

Before the Greeks and Romans.
>>
>>563432
Go kill yourself sandnigger
>>
>>563432
Oh and don't forget Persia, Media and Lydia.
>>
>>563433
Go kill yourself snownigger
>>
>>563433
>buttblasted fedora angry at the truth

Keep crying bitch.
>>
I love how Suppiluliuma I had revived Hittite Kingdom and turned his Kingdom into an Empire
>>
File: indo euro.gif (200KB, 933x593px) Image search: [Google]
indo euro.gif
200KB, 933x593px
>>561923
>They were Indo-Europeans/Aryans
they weren't
anatolian is the closest SORT OF (mixed with local cultures/languages) indo-european language to hittites in the region
it isn't considered indo-european by many linguists either
>>
>>563420
Turk detected
>>
>>563450
The fuck are you on about? Hittite is well known to be Indo-European. Likewise, there is no "Anatolian" language. Anatolian is a branch, of which Hittite is part of.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.