[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the major differences between Spanish and Italian fascism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: pnp375419.jpg (131KB, 600x781px) Image search: [Google]
pnp375419.jpg
131KB, 600x781px
What are the major differences between Spanish and Italian fascism?

It seems like the Spaniards are just more religious and that's it.
>>
On a very basic level, I could go into more detail, Spanish Fascism built heavily on pre-existing Spanish structures of the Church, Conservatism and existing Spanish culture. Italian Fascism attempted to forge a new set of values and morals a la Futurism whilst still using Italian history as cause for military expansion.
>>
>>561677

Are they even really fascist if they don't want a revolution? I thought Franco being from the establishment is one of the reasons we don't categorize Nationalist Spain as fascist

I suppose "fascist" is less of a mouthful than "totalitarian nationalist authoritarians"
>>
>>561666
Spanish "Fascism" was essentially a run-of-the-mill military dictatorship.

Italian Fascism actually reformed the government and had pretensions of a coherent ideology that could be applied elsewhere. Whether that would have been possible is a pure hypothetical, but they thought it would be that way.
>>
>>561710

Franco wasn't a Falangist though.

I'm sure Jose Primo's ideas were more fleshed out than simple advocacy for a military junta
>>
>>561704
Yeah, it's pretty much Conservative Authoritarianism.

Also Totalitarianism and Authoritarianism are not the same thing. Spain and Italy were not Totalitarian states, Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union were, however.
>>
>>561666
Spanish fascism is to Italian fascism what Austrian fascism was to German fascism.

It was more Catholic, less xenophobic and much, much less militaristic.
>>
What are you asking about, the theory or the practise? Because Spain never really was fascist, or at the most it was light fascist. That's because its main theorist, José Antonio Primo de Rivera, was killed during the early days of the Spanish Civil War.
>>
>>561704
I thought the guy was talking about Falangism, because Franco is by no means a fascist, just a conservative military dictator
>>
>>562603
>because its main theorist, José Antonio Primo de Rivera, was killed during the early days of the Spanish Civil War.

I'm pretty sure his murder was actually the cause of the escalation of general violence.
>>
>>563384
>if I repeat it it will be true
>>
Fascism was used to counteract Soviet expansion. And Franco was so scared of joining the war, that they decided to have a civil war. Meanwhile Spanish soldiers fought for both sides but officially, they helped hitler.
>>
Spanish fascism was heavily influenced by the the very popular leftists movements there at the time like communism and anarchism, leading them to imitate many of their symbols. You can see just in that picture that the flag is red and black, the same color of the anarchists, and he is wearing the proletarian's overalls.
>>
>>561666
Falangism or Francoism?

The biggest difference was that Falangism was actually a working class, revolutionary movement, much moreso than Italian Fascism.

For Francoism, see
>>561710
>>
>>561721
Italian theoreticians literally invented the word totalitarian to describe their regime.
>>
>>566843
So you mean Calvo Sotelo? He was an Alfonsist, not a Falangist: although his party did use some fascist elements and supported the Falange financially.

Primo de Rivera had been arrested prior to the uprising and was in jail. The Germans wanted to bust him out so he could be the Spanish Hitler but Franco blocked their attempts. He was eventually killed in a saca and Franco began to merge the Falange with the other right wing groups
>>
Spanish regime wasn't really fascist. More like catholic-traditionalist in the style of Bonald, Donoso Cortez, etc. I'm not even sure the moniker can be applied outside of Mussolini's regime.
>>
>>567419
Yes but Italy wasn't totalitarian by no means. Remember the term totalitarianism was beginning to emerge in the late wartime and postwar to describe both the Third Reich and the USSR, Italy and Spain were left out of the equation for the most part.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.