[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All 4 of my grandparents were from Sicily, Italy. Historically,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (206KB, 760x275px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206KB, 760x275px
All 4 of my grandparents were from Sicily, Italy. Historically, my ancestors would be considered what race?
>>
>>559578

Thats an /int/ernational question.
>>
All 4 of my grandparents were from Chicago, Illinois. Historically, my ancestors would be considered what race?
>>
Normans
>>
>>559578
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZUJKXs6W-4
>>
>>559615
Upstanding American citizens of sub-Saharan African origin
>>
>>559578
>>559615

Pure, 100% African nig-nogs, both of you.
>>
>>559578

Arab.
>>
>>559578
They would be Sicilian, what kind of fucking question is that?
>>
Human, I'd say.
>>
mafioso
>>
>>559578
northern med
>>
>>559615
Europian muts of a mostly germanic descent with some dutch, french and belgish

Italian and british histories are not as prevailent in the midwest as the eatern coast
>>
Arab
>>
File: paulie2.jpg (136KB, 1102x720px) Image search: [Google]
paulie2.jpg
136KB, 1102x720px
>>559578
dago, greaser, wog, goombah, guido, wop, greaseball etc etc
>>
>>559578
Sicillians are an unholy mix of Italians, Lombards, Greeks and Arabs.

So the only answer is Sicillian.
>>
>>559578
Sicilians are just considered generic mediterranean
>>
File: 1452732559501.png (316KB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1452732559501.png
316KB, 1500x1200px
>>559578
>>
>>559578
My dear American, in order to properly answer this question you'd need to tell me exactly what towns where they from. Take my region Basilicata as an example.
Some villages are populated by descendands of gallo italic speaking colonists, other are full of swarthy curly haired fucks with surnames such as Solimano, then you go someplace else and find big guys with blonde hair, in other areas you have arberesh-greaco fucks who stab you.
There's a lot of variability.
>>
>>559578
Barely white
>>
>>562446
Sicily. Greeks, Phoenicians, Ayyrabs, Berbers, even more Greeks in the form of Byzantine, Albanians, gallo-italic speakers from northern Italy then Spaniards.
You americans have this silly romantic notion as European nations being monolitic entities. There's no such thing as the italian people, there's a lot of "italian" peoples tho. We are a clusterfuck of MUH heritages.

>>562455
Dude staph. Some sicilians are as white as they come, whiter than your average northern italian. Some are ayyrab and dark as fuck. It varies.
>>
>>559578
75% chance they were Syrian immigrants ...Congratulation , Muhammed
>>
>>559578
Moorish
>>
arab
>>
>>559578
Americans need to stop to apply their notions of "race" to places and time periods where they dont apply.
Medieval and modern Sicilians didnt and dont think of themselves as "white" or "black" (these are colonial paradigms).
Most of the times they dont even consider themselves Italian.
When you ask what "race" Sicilians are you automatically condition the dicussion to be about American notions of race and identity (which is an interesting topic but has nothing to do with Sicily per se).
>>
Greeco Roman
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.