[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What factors were responsible for the rise in violent crime rates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: scarface.jpg (41KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
scarface.jpg
41KB, 720x405px
What factors were responsible for the rise in violent crime rates in America starting during the 1960s, and their subsequent decline starting in the 1990s? Was it lead?
>>
Manufacturing industry collapsing, leading to emergence of the rust belt, communist countries actively trying to start race war in the US and of course lead. Actually, it was mostly lead.
>>
New opportunities to get rich illegally, and law enforcement trying to catch up with it.
That's assuming you're talking about the big player types you always hear about. Crime is crime, it's always there.
>>
>>556849
>and their subsequent decline starting in the 1990s?

Most likely Roe vs. Wade. Women who got abortion were usually from the disadvantaged groups. Their kids, had they been born, had much higher chances to run into trouble with laws. Those that actually were born had fewer siblings and thus better case, which increase their chances for normal lives.
>>
File: lead-paint-graph.jpg (159KB, 690x466px) Image search: [Google]
lead-paint-graph.jpg
159KB, 690x466px
It was lead.
>>
>>556873
>>556856
Fuck off tinfoil.
>>
>>556883
It's actually the most academically accepted theory right now. You're the tinfoil with your asspulls.
>>
>>556891
Let's see some info.
>>
File: 1452729844210.jpg (56KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1452729844210.jpg
56KB, 460x345px
>>556919
http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2013/01/lead-crime-link-gasoline
>>
>>556931
>motherjones
le trashman
>>
>>556919
http://www.nber.org/digest/may08/w13097.html
>>
>>556849
War on Drugs + Self Esteem Movement + Centralizing of American Education
>>
>>556933
see my post >>556935
>>
>>556849
Non-homogenous communities and the shift away from a high-trust society combined with a population spike from boomers. "It was the niggers" isn't entirely correct, but between ethnic tensions, political radicals and the atomic sword of Damocles hanging over everything it wasn't really a charming time to be alive.

The reason it went down is probably Roe v. Wade enabling poor people to abort instead of raising shitty kids.
>>
>>556849
>Picture
I'm pretty sure the Muriel boatlift had something to do with the spike in crime rates in Miami.
I also know crack played some kind of rule in NYC's crime rates in the 70s and the 80s.
>>
>>556849
SJWs infiltrated the police and the justice system. New methods based on "soft policing" and "rehabilitation" yielded disastrous results.

Then Giuliani ended this madness and crime rates dropped.
>>
>>556849
>and their subsequent decline starting in the 1990s?
25 year rule
>>
>>556873
Those charts also mirror the dolphins per hectare in auckland harbour. I blame the kiwis.
>>
>>557276
I don't think dolphins in Auckland cause people to be violent and stupid. Lead does.
>>
>>556849

Absence of lead (lowers criminal behavior), availability of legal abortion (less unwanted children), the existence of a welfare state (no need to steal to eat), and pre-crime laws like possession of drugs (incarcerates people before they commit a real crime).
>>
>>557296
I agree with all but the last point, see the decriminalisation of drugs in Portugal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_Portugal
>>
>>557309

Portugal never locked up as many people as the USA did, and they still don't.

And Portugal only decriminalized drugs, so their government continues to subsidize organized crime.
>>
>>557324
also

>>557309

Possession of recreational drugs is not a crime in and of itself. If it were, wouldn't all recreational drugs be illegal?
>>
File: watch the dates.jpg (560KB, 575x1855px) Image search: [Google]
watch the dates.jpg
560KB, 575x1855px
and also sur-production of elites
>>
>>557296
>steal to eat

what a crock of shit
>>
>>557397

define violent event
>>
>>557404

You believe it's possible to jump from one job to another with no unemployment in between?

Or maybe you believe every starts out with enough inheritance to weather these times without going into debt?

If the choice is between not eating and not stealing, the only choice you can make is the one that leads to eating.
>>
File: ew.jpg (7KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
ew.jpg
7KB, 213x237px
>>557409
well , it s a pretty lame temptation to discuss a very relevant fact .i'm not gonna go into it .
Just read yourself :v
>>
>>557397
>Civil War
>racially motivated

Yeah no. It was a war about the legality of slavery fought by two groups of white people. Barely any racial tensions to speak of.
>>
>>557451
= ...animated by economic reasons.
Bravo with more efforts you can get the conclusion by your own . .
>>
>After decades of decline, black infant mortality began to soar in the 1980s, as did the rate of low-birthweight babies and parent abandonment. The gap between black and white schoolchildren widened. The number of blacks sent to prison tripled. Crack was so dramatically destructive that if its effect is averaged for all black Americans, not just crack users and their families, you will see that the group’s postwar progress was not only stopped cold but was often knocked as much as ten years backward. Black Americans were hurt more by crack cocaine than by any other single cause since Jim Crow.

And then there was the crime.Within a five-year period, the homicide rate among young urban blacks quadrupled. Suddenly it was just as dangerous to live in parts of Chicago or St. Louis or Los Angeles as it was to live in Bogotá
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.