[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Coleridge observes that all men are born Aristotelians or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Sanzio_01_Plato_Aristotle.jpg (187KB, 804x1052px) Image search: [Google]
Sanzio_01_Plato_Aristotle.jpg
187KB, 804x1052px
>Coleridge observes that all men are born Aristotelians or Platonists. The latter feel that ideas are realities: the former, that they are generalizations. For the latter, language is nothing but a system of arbitrary symbols: for the former, it is the map of the universe. The Platonist knows that the universe is somehow a cosmos, an order; that order, for the Aristotelian, can be an error or a fiction of our partial knowledge. Across the latitudes and the epochs, the two immortal antagonists change their name and language: one is Parmenides, Plato, Anselm, Leibnitz, Kant, Francis Bradley; the other, Heraclitus, Aristotle, Roscelin, Locke, Hume, William James.

Are you an Aristotelian or a Platonist?
>>
>>556301
Aristotelian
the greatest of all the world's tragedies is that Plato's nonsense was not burned in the library of Alexandria with countless other scrolls of gnostic wiffle
>>
Cartesian.
>>
>>556301
If I have to pick one then Aristotelian.

I'm not a fan of either but fuck Plato's madness.
>>
Sounds like life, passion, feeling, beauty, love aesthetics, energy vs. logic chopping, u can't kno nothing :^), autism, abstraction, and the mortification of everything that makes life worth living to be honest family.
>>
Aristotle is a chump compared to Plato.
>>
>>556407
Top pleb
>>
>>556301
S T A G I R A
T
A
G
I
R
A
>>
Pyrrho.
>>
>>556416
>only achievement is binary logic

Aristotle is literally Reddit: The Philosopher
>>
>>556432
>posted from a machine built on binary logic
:^)
>>
File: 130310-004-BEB71887.jpg (23KB, 353x450px) Image search: [Google]
130310-004-BEB71887.jpg
23KB, 353x450px
>choosing one or the other

This is exactly what I warned you fucks about.
>>
>>556301
>that order, for the Aristotelian, can be an error or a fiction of our partial knowledge

the orderly process by which he comes to that conclusion seems to indicate that the sentiment is self defeating.
>>
Logical positivism can be said to be the final form of Aristotelian thought; and its been widely disproven.

But to be honest Spinoza already has made room for both under one umbrella of thought.
>>
File: Charles-Sanders-Peirce.jpg (38KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Charles-Sanders-Peirce.jpg
38KB, 300x450px
>>556369
>Cartesianism
>2015
>>
File: charles-sanders-peirce-6.gif (149KB, 388x575px) Image search: [Google]
charles-sanders-peirce-6.gif
149KB, 388x575px
>>557103
Check my fucking monads, diads and triads, bitch
>>
File: 1423967233630.jpg (7KB, 205x241px) Image search: [Google]
1423967233630.jpg
7KB, 205x241px
>>556301
if I must be a rationalist, then plato is the least retarded. aristotle is normie-tier and leads to what we call science today :pure retardation.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.