[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you of/descended from nobility /his/? share some historical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 24

File: Coatofarms-Hvide.jpg (110KB, 440x673px) Image search: [Google]
Coatofarms-Hvide.jpg
110KB, 440x673px
Are you of/descended from nobility /his/? share some historical info about your famrey.
>>
>>554830

Of course I am.
>>
File: 5403465_orig.jpg (65KB, 476x486px) Image search: [Google]
5403465_orig.jpg
65KB, 476x486px
>>554830
To my knowledge, no.

My father's side of the family is Irish/German. We don't know much about the Irish side, but I do know the German side came from Silesia during the 1800s. This is the Coast of Arms for the German side of my ancestry.

My mother's side is mostly English. Though she has always maintained we have some Jamaican heritage. I'm skeptical, but my aunt has found a plantation owner in the West Indies in our ancestry.
>>
>>554830
A drop, someone in our family was a bastard son of a Swedish nobleman, he lived 200-300 years ago.
>>
i am descended from viking warriors, i have viking blood
>>
>>554830
D I R T F A R M E R S

Suck it Patricianshits
>>
File: heraldry personal.jpg (78KB, 335x453px) Image search: [Google]
heraldry personal.jpg
78KB, 335x453px
I haven't looked too deeply into it, but my father's side could very well be Anglo-Norman nobility. We're also a pretty badass family in general. Look up the Wilmots- if there's a war, we were there.
>>
>Americans
>>>/out/
>>
>>554830
Oops, forgot my own. I am a descendant of hvide. One of the biggest danish families.
One of my descendants was the marshall of the danish army, and was charged with killing King Eric V of Denmark.
Another of my descendants was the religious head of denmark and he wasn't content with killing kings, so he killed a pagan god of war.
>>
>>554997
>Another of my descendants
Wut?
>>
>>555004
I have been awake for too long.
they're both parts of the white/hvide family is the idea
>>
File: peasant.jpg (174KB, 960x895px) Image search: [Google]
peasant.jpg
174KB, 960x895px
Been peasants since atleast the 1600s (that's as far as I can trace my family)
>>
>>554830
Orlov. THE Orlov.
Oh, and Angela Merkel has a portrait in her office of my great-great-something grandmother.
>>
File: can't.png (119KB, 211x221px) Image search: [Google]
can't.png
119KB, 211x221px
>>555023
I can feel my genes longing for the power to oppress and control you.
>>
>>554830
My family is Jewish and Jews pretty much invented god, so yeah, you could say so.
>>
File: b47.jpg (54KB, 603x393px) Image search: [Google]
b47.jpg
54KB, 603x393px
>tfw noble lineage
>if I lived hundreds of years ago I could just have my dad give me a giant dowry and marry me to some qt3.14 and be set for life with no real worries
Le wrong generation
>>
>>555041
m8, jews didn't even invent yahweh, the sumerians did.
>>
File: FinnishCivilWarMapBegin.svg.png (609KB, 2000x2488px) Image search: [Google]
FinnishCivilWarMapBegin.svg.png
609KB, 2000x2488px
>>555036
Get lynched faggot, my dad's family was on the red side in the civil war.
>>
>>555055
>taking pride in attacking your betters
When dogs bite their owners they're rightly put down. There's nothing to be proud about in fucking up your entire purpose.
>>
>>555062
>purpose
Ayy get fucked, implying you're nobility.
>>
File: 1337028652539.jpg (141KB, 601x583px) Image search: [Google]
1337028652539.jpg
141KB, 601x583px
>>555065
>implying you're a peasant
>>
File: Big A and mc CGM Russia tour.jpg (215KB, 900x1322px) Image search: [Google]
Big A and mc CGM Russia tour.jpg
215KB, 900x1322px
>>555055
Finnish civil war was a tragedy. At least the reds lost and Finnish communists were destroyed. Too bad there were non-communist poor people fighting for them as well for a daily meal.
>>
>>555080
Fuck; you got me. I'm actually the Viscount of Brisbury
>>
nope

dad's side is all britbong officers and police

mom's side are italian peasants and lower-middle class with a rumor that one of our relatives dueled with a prince
>>
>>555043
Or have some inbred fat chick because there's a strategic interest in allying your families.
>>
>>555094
you've got a lot to learn before tricking the sharpest stableboy in town.
>>
>>555100
Lesbianism is a sin. I seriously doubt they tried to solidify alliances with heathen marriages.
>>
>>555107
There're no women on the internet, m8
>>
>>555110
Dowry is a gender specific term, that's a bit of a delayed reaction.
>>
>>555114
Yes, you are right. My bad for not reading properly.
>>
>>555107
ok, a syphilis ridden old fag or some ugly short guy with money.
>>
>>555120
Well if he's a fag the syphilis isn't a problem. If it's a shitty husband I could just hang out with my children and the servants, I'm not sure noble couples necessarily spent all that much time together if there were actually things to do, especially if the husband is in the military.
Also honestly I think generally fathers wanted to see their kin in somewhat humane conditions, no matter how much they used them for political gain.
>>
>>554830
no
and thank fuck

Better red than a dickhead.
>>
>>555145
being a dick generally isn't in your blood.
>>
I am descended from Godfrey of Bouillon, one of the greatest crusaders
>>
I'm descended from a minor noble Hungarian house of Slovak descent, one of our guys even fought in the American revolution:

http://www.pitt.edu/~votruba/qsonhist/celebrities/polereczkyj.html
>>
>>554830
>Are you of/descended from nobility
what a stupid question, if you trace your lineage back far enough wouldn't most people have "noble" history?
>>
No but my whole village (and so my family) are descendants of Sipahis
>>
I dont think so. My dads side is mostly english working class and my mums side is a cluster fuck because of the disintegration of the Ottomans and WW2.
>>
>>555164
right, but generally when people ask that question they mean currently or within the last few hundred years
>>
>>554830
I'm directly descended from one Robert the Bruce's daughters.
>>
>>555164

>muh Charlemagne

They are asking whether any of your recent ancestors are nobility, are there any interesting stories, how far you can accurately trace back etc.
>>
Yeah, my ancestors were part of the small nobility, and they fought against moors in the Reconquista.
>>
>>555147
not much is really

Social constructivism ho!
>>
>>554830
descended from a King of Connaught and an ancestor lead the Irish rebellion in 1798.
>>
>>554830
My great great great granma might have been sorta-raped by Napoleon the third. So that's cool.
>>
I dunno, i have the same name as an important figure of the `600,
My grandma always said we had noble origins but i don't know if thete was any truth to that.
How would i go on about reasearching my genealogy?
>>
File: Umayyad750ADloc.png (30KB, 1481x902px) Image search: [Google]
Umayyad750ADloc.png
30KB, 1481x902px
My last name is the Spanish form of Al-Umayyad, but I have no idea about what my family tree is like, past my grandfather.
>>
>>555350

Omeya?
>Apellido Omeya en EspañaIr al buscador de apellidos
>1 Omeya en España
>1 Omeya nacidos en España
>0 Omeya viviendo en España
>>
>>555361
I don't live in Spain, and it is not Omeya, but a phonetic "castellanización": Alomía.
>>
File: RP_Photo_Guard_Inspection_Large.jpg (34KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
RP_Photo_Guard_Inspection_Large.jpg
34KB, 400x302px
Recent: Great great grandfather was an advisor to the Maharaja of Patiala (Punjab,India) and went together to France for WW1
Old: descendant of a misldaar to Maharaja Ranjit Singhs empire
>>
Australian - I highly doubt it. My mum's side is generic Australian with a bit of Irish in the mix somewhere down the road, and dad's side is just generic English. Interesting though is that my last name starts with an a, but used to start with an h: when they were doing the thing where you count the people (I can't remember for the life of me what it's called) or whatever, and when they asked for names they had some kind of cockney accent and said stopped got rid of the H out of the name.

tl;dr, english lower class
>>
grandfather on dad's side traced his lineage back and apparently i'm distantly related to aaron burr
mom's side, grandma's cousin was yan jiagan (president of taiwan after chiang kai shek)
>>
File: Umayads.gif (55KB, 800x971px) Image search: [Google]
Umayads.gif
55KB, 800x971px
>>555371

I dont know how the hell Ummayad sounds in Arabic so I must believe you.
>>
>>555390
So where do the people in your family go to relieve themselves?
>>
File: 1449934632464.jpg (40KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
1449934632464.jpg
40KB, 640x426px
who potato farmer here
>>
>>555408
We finally got rid of the slumdog millionaire meme ;_;
>>
File: jeffersondavis.jpg (64KB, 600x551px) Image search: [Google]
jeffersondavis.jpg
64KB, 600x551px
>>554830
The nobility of my family is a dead one; destroyed and looted after the Civil War in my country. Their possessions were seized by Jewish carpetbaggers and their dominion over their lands undone.
These landed gentry were one part of a wide range of people who built this country, and they had a proud place in its construction. The dividing lines between North and South were immediately drawn, with the North being created by religious pilgrims and the South being created by economic planters. Some of those who arrived in Virginia were my family, who later branched out into the Carolina's.

Before the butthurt begins from this, I feel as though I must say something. If I were alive in the time of the Civil War, I would have definitely fought for the South. Not because of any political or economic reason, really, but because that is where my family is from. I disagree with the war and the justification for it. The worst thing the South ever did in its long history (the South not just the CSA) was secede. I believe that, if the landed gentry were open to new and better ideas that could revolutionize their agrarian livelihood, they could have waged economic warfare with the North and still had enough control in government to stave off those who wanted to waste thousands of lives in the looting of this culture.

People idealize European high culture in the 1800's and early 1900's, and then those same people turn around and talk mad shit on the South. The South pre-Reconstruction is the closest thing America had to a traditional European society. They just had too many butthurt hawks who went full retard and recreated the American government that failed initially before federalism. It should have been monarchy.
>>
>>555449
>America
>nobility

Burger please. Your entire country was founded on the principle of abolishing aristocracy and royalty.

And no, "influential rich guy" is not the same as noble.
>>
>>554830
Slovenian here.
My great granddad was a minor noble in the A-H, Carinthia, I don't know much about him. Well then Yugoslavia 1.0 happened and took his castle but left him other properties. Don't know what happened during WW2, but when Gommies happened, they took everything except a house in Ljubljana. Now this house is split into tiny pieces, noone lives there anyways. My father has a little patch of ROAD, leading to the house.
My granddad was the eldest son, my father was the eldest son, I'm the first son of my father.
I would have got the castle if the A-H wouldn't go to shit. :/
>>
>>554830
My father-father-mother was of noble birth in Finland but said fuck it when she wasn't allowed to marry a soldier.

>>555449
> Nobility
> America
Really now.
>>
File: americanflag.jpg (434KB, 1440x834px) Image search: [Google]
americanflag.jpg
434KB, 1440x834px
>>555465
>Your entire country was founded on the principle of abolishing aristocracy and royalty.
You're making me cry, anon. What sort of deluded, possessed morons abandon the most logical extension of the human need of hierarchy in favor of mob rule where the leadership(kek) is chosen based on a popularity contest. There are literally people in my country who own nothing, have done nothing, have given nothing back, who only demand demand demand, and they think they are best fit to decide who should lead this country. The vote works best when it is most restricted.

If you are going to have any semblance of democratic government, then you must restrict the vote to those who have skin in the game. Only give it to those who either have a certain amount of property in their name or have served in the military. The supreme head of state should not be chosen by the people, and should be hereditary. Only a single house of a bicameral legislator should be chosen by vote, another house should be populated only by those qualified by birth and extreme merit. This established aristocracy in the upper house would serve to enforce the interests of tradition and the accepted and promoted cultural identity.

Sometimes I think it would have been better if America had just stayed a part of the British Empire. However, the act of gross treason in the refusal to pay taxes, armed insurrection, and enlisting the aid of a rival nation in enforcing this refusal to pay taxes, is something that is our proudest day.

I don't hate America. I just hate liberalism. "Conservatives" and "liberals" are both just liberals. One is classical liberal and the other neo liberal.
>>
What's the best way to look up your family tree and such? I can ask my family but they mostly don't know anything. I know my heritage (Italian, Sicilian specifically, with some German and Irish mixed in) and I'm too much of a poorfag to shell out for an Ancestry account or whatever.

I think the closest I come to anyone notable in my family is being told that there's a distant relation who may or may not have been involved in Jimmy Hoffa's disappearance.
>>
>>555550

As you are American, looking for inmigration archives I suppose?
>>
>>555550
If you live near one of these locations.

https://familysearch.org/locations/

You can try and order some records if they've got them. The Mormons like to baptize the dead so unless you've got some religious objection it can be useful for looking up your family history.
>>
>>555562
>The Mormons like to baptize the dead so unless you've got some religious objection it can be useful for looking up your family history.
What the fuck? They're randomly baptizing dead non-Mormons? That's some damn Apocryphal bullshit, straight out of fucking 2 Maccabees.
If they try to baptize my soul to send it into one of the many planets of Mormon Heaven, I'm going to be pissed. I'll come back to Earth and haunt them.

Are my family members who have passed away baptized by the Mormons?
>>
>>555555
>>
>>555604
Yeah I don't know why they do it. I guess to give you a shot at heaven.

A bunch of Jews got pissy about it a while back because they obtained the records of a couple hundred thousand holocaust victims.
>>
>>554830
>"muh heritage":the thread
>>
>>555668

Emmm... Yes, thats exactly what OP said, did you came to greentext obvious statements?
>>
>>554830
>all these aristofaggs
Feels good to be peasant
>>
>Earliest paternal ancestor was puritan britbong who showed up in 'Murrica around ~1630
>Earliest Maternal ancestor was also puritan britbong and showed up around ~1640
>Ancestors on both sides fought in the Revolution
>Related to three founding fathers and a president
>Literally every single relative except one whose name I could find had an English name

FUCKING CONTINENTALS GET OUT REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>555135
>A woman
>A few hundred years ago
>Being treated like a human
Got me laffin фaм
Also I don't know much about my heritage but I'm pretty sure Slavs raping greeks and turks raping slavs describes it. But I got some russian on my mothers side who ran away from the Red around 1914 so I might be a Romanov.
>>
Isnt basically everyone in Europe?
>>
There's an oral history about our family being descendants of cousins of Brian Boru, fighting with him at the battle of Clontarf. There does appear to be an O'Faolain who was buried with Boru, so there might be some reality to it.

Regardless, our family were peasants for probably 800 years from the English conquest until moving to America right before the civil war. But we're rich now so we're modern day nobility.
>>
I'm descended from some OG Austrian carnies
>>
>>555013
Descendants are your children, the children of your children, etc.
>>
>>555522
Jesus did you actually type out that cursory bastardization of Plato by yourself? You should hang yourself lmao
>>
I can go as back as my grandparents fathers. They had a tobacco farm when it was on the rise, and had about 20 people working for them. That's about as far as I can get. All info I can get is verbal, there's not much info on South-American linages online. I just assume my family's been farmer after farmer
>>
>>555449
>It should have been monarchy.
Once again, modern Dixie proves itself to be populated by un-American scum (in a cultural, not even national, sense). I'm not even a Yank but you buttbroiled faggots get more pathetic by the year. Was the war not about "states' rights" anymore, as you CSA fanboys love to claim? It was about preserving the landed gentry? How noble.

>>555522
>I think it would have been better if America had just stayed a part of the British Empire
nigga really

See, here's the thing – it's not just that you're wrong, it's that you're wrong for the wrong reasons. You're only holding up this aristocratic fantasy because you're dissatisfied with the present state of your culture, not because of any specific economic or political model. You don't like how things are going, so you retreat into a fantasy world where you're in charge and can freely scapegoat the things you've been taught to scapegoat. The implication that you, specifically, know what's best for the "mob" because of your ancestry and self-appointed place in your alt-history USA is laughable, and you know it.

Many of my ancestors were confederates and, earlier, loyalists – and even with the respect I have for my family's history, even I think your delusions are shameful. There's a big difference between taking pride in your family, and selfishly rewriting your cultural history to conform with your dissatisfied world views.
>>
File: sanity sanctity sanitary.jpg (251KB, 576x327px) Image search: [Google]
sanity sanctity sanitary.jpg
251KB, 576x327px
Silesian Baronry on father's side (left after WWII), yeomen on mother's.
>>
File: tfw.gif (612KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.gif
612KB, 450x337px
>>555619
It's actually not orchestrated by the church itself, just church members who go into the temple and do it on their own. People are encouraged to be baptized on behalf of their own ancestors, with the idea that the dead person could then either accept the baptism for themselves, or reject it, but either way have the option (as a ghost can't physically go through the rites).

The problem is that some people are over-zealous, and decide of their own to submit names for baptism that they don't have the right to – as with the holocaust victims. Since many times people are unable to perform the rites for all the names they have, the names can also be submitted for baptism by anyone, distributed at the temple for baptism. That's how a lot of those dead people end up getting baptized. This then gets reported as something that the church, as a singular entity, did, rather than just the initiative of a bored and over-zealous housewife.

There are actually a lot of rules governing who someone can be baptized for and when, but with so many Mormons submitting names and so many names going through the different systems every day, it's impossible to really filter it.

t. someone who was raised mormon
>>
>>555829
>un-American
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
Descended from several kings of the Great Mali Empire, maybe a couple Egyptian Pharoah or two.
>>
File: Stephen the Great2.jpg (64KB, 450x577px) Image search: [Google]
Stephen the Great2.jpg
64KB, 450x577px
>>554830
I'm probably descended in some way from Stephen the Great, just like probably every other person who has a moldavian person in their family, considering how many bastards he had. So probably most of Moldavia.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about my family before my grand grand parents. Communism probably erased a lot of records, and whatever was on my grand grand father's side is quite probably lost (he was from Cernăuți, now in Ukraine, and he fled when the commies came in 1940)

But you know what? I am probably eligible for the throne of Moldavia and perhaps for the throne of Wallachia, due to how the succession laws worked. Just need to gather a council of boyars, convince them to elect me as Domn, then change succession laws and I'm set.
>>
>tfw Habsburg master race
>>
>>554830
2nd largest landowners in Ottoman Empire until went to fight in Italo-Ottoman war in Libya. Jews could be nobility in Ottoman Empire (just not above a certain rank)

Then my otherside of the family is descended from the de la Pole of England.

Feels good to have patents of nobility in Ottoman Arabic and old English.

>the English side left England post WW2 because Labour government
>another superpower we reside in is being killed by the same cancer that killed our Empire

Better find yet another home
>>
No.
>>
>>554830
my grandfather(father side) is a bastard, my mother thinks from a spaniard or italian, who knows, my mothers has a weird foreign lastname aswell, they suspect a guy from Poland immigrated to Belgium around the 17th century (i know belgium didn't even existed then), but there aren't many descendents left as her treeline is dying out. So no, it's almost impossible to track for me
>>
>>556035
Tell us your lastname
>>
Apparently my maternal grand-mother was noble, but the title was lost through a string of event, doesn't know more.
>>
>>556059
As my lastname isn't relevant, my mother would be easy to find if I gave you her lastname, with the information I already gave
>>
>>556059
so no i will not
>>
File: William the Conqueror.jpg (86KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
William the Conqueror.jpg
86KB, 1024x683px
>>554830
The Tree of Normandy has many branches, I am one of them.
>>
>>554830
Some guys that owned land. Dunno what else. Insignia is just swords. Pretty uninspired.
>>
I descend from the Maxfield house of England.
>>
>>554830
German/Greek
German side: Grandfather and his cousin was in the Wehrmacht cousin got shot and Grandfather also got shot but only in the leg and spend most of his days in an Franch/English/American camp where he cooked the food, family used to own tons of land in France ~1800,
Greek Side: Grandfather fought in the second World war and in the commi war in Greece was promotes to Colonel got tons of awards(i have one), one guy used to have a trading vessel in which he travelled the world in the 1600-1700 still have an old flintlock pistol which got passed down generations,i also seem to have alot of family members in Australia and Russia.
>>
File: 137545754878.jpg (189KB, 960x895px) Image search: [Google]
137545754878.jpg
189KB, 960x895px
>>554830
My great, great grandfather was the master of the hounds for Baron Louth with my great, great grandmother being the lady's maid.

So not nobility, but pretty swaggy servants.
>>
>>555829
>nigga really
>nigga
Bix hood muhfugga, amirite dawg? Yo, holla at me when I be over theyuh cuz.

>Was the war not about "state's rights" anymore as you CSA fanboys love to claim?
CSA fanboys still claim that. I am not a CSA fanboy by any means. I said that in my post, that the CSA and the war was the worst thing for the south. In fact, I believe I said, "I would have definitely fought for the South... because that is where my family is from." I said that the CSA, "had too many butthurt hawks who went full retard and recreated the American government that failed initially before federalism."
It's sad that I literally have to quote my own post because you lack the reading comprehension to understand what I was writing about.

>You're only holding up this aristocratic fantasy because you're dissatisfied with the present state of your culture, not because of any specific economic or political model.
I would say that I am dissatisfied with both the present state of my culture AND the specific economic or political model.

>The implication that you, specifically, know what's best for the "mob" because of your ancestry and self-appointed place in your alt-history USA is laughable, and you know it.
I do know what's best for the mob, however I do not think I should be the only head of state. I believe that we should take someone who is able, intellectual, and pious, and elevate them to the highest position - the most visible subjugation - and force them to take on the trappings of state for the rest of their lives and condemn their family to the same fate. I believe the vote should be restricted to two classes of people, those who have x amount of property and those who have served in the military. These are the people who should be able to decide things pertaining to the running of the country, because these are the people with skin in the game or those who have showed that they are willing to sacrifice for the rest.
>>
>>555055

And you're proud of this?
>>
>>555683
This is a dumb meme. Just because we were to an extend handled as an asset it doesn't mean there was no love and compassion. It's just a way for us to think we are way better than our ancestors. Which we probably are, but not as much as we like to think
>>
>>556826
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
File: Hasperger.jpg (13KB, 220x281px) Image search: [Google]
Hasperger.jpg
13KB, 220x281px
>>555903
You forgot to add your face when
>>
>>555465
>founded on the principle of abolishing aristocracy and royalty

actually it was mostly a giant fuck you to the english parliament, there were a lot of royalists in the early years who just wanted George to step up and lay a smackdown on the faggots who refused us representation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWpk4kdgQAM
>>
>>556837
Naw
>>
File: i did it buster.jpg (115KB, 521x479px) Image search: [Google]
i did it buster.jpg
115KB, 521x479px
Apparently my father's side had some claim to a lot of land in what would have been Prussia, and most of my great-grandparents have Prussia listed as their nationality. Pretty cool I suppose
>>
>>554830
all of my ancestors were sheepfucking drunk idiots, i bet that's applicable for half the people itt to be honest
>>
I've been told too many conflicting stories, so probably not.

One minute I'm Ukranian, the next some other slav, then somehow native american. I've also got an English surname. one of these days I'll have to do some research on this shit, though I'm pretty sure that would be pretty difficult since a lot of my older family members are old and shit.
>>
I may be descended from a cadet branch of William the Conquerors dynasty on one side and on the other side I was related to Czech innkeepers
>>
File: 1449874798463.jpg (77KB, 547x388px) Image search: [Google]
1449874798463.jpg
77KB, 547x388px
>>554830
>tfw the furthest you can trace your family is a 15th century drunk that drowned in a Danish irrigation ditch.

Thanks fafafafafafafafafa...
>>
>>556983
also forgot to mention, my great-grandpa was a distant relative of Ulysses S. Grant, who else happens to be one of my favorite military leaders.
>>
>>554830
Descendent of this guy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Howard,_2nd_Duke_of_Norfolk
>>
>>554830
>Coastal Irish, so unless one of the fine norse fellows I'm sure rolled through the area at some point or another were noble, we're dirt farmers through and through. Thankfully the family history is preserved enough that we can walk to a stone ruin and say "Yes, son, twelve generations of your family lived and died here in misery", which is neat.
>>
No anon i have a life
>>
Many people in my maternal grandfather's side, cousins and uncles of him were priests, monks and nuns in Spain.
There's a street and a retirement home named after one of her aunts in Basque Country
>>
My fathers side of the family was once part of an southern/midgerman nobility. They were strictly catholic and even fought the bloody protestans in the 30-year-war. One was even a leading general in said conflict and was known to command very effective but honourable moves against the false christians. He is also mentioned in one of Schiller's works and served the austrian Kaiser. An connection to the Bonaparte family is yet being discussed.
>>
>>554830

I'm a descendent of the greatest kings and chieftains of Africa and Northern Europe.

... oh wait!
We all are!

Jog on!
>>
>>554830
Technically, I'm descended from nobility, because both nations that awarded my family's titles are gone. If we ignore that, I'm actual nobility, because I'm my father heir and he's the title holder.
Tbqh it doesn't mean jackshit. My family was of local importance in the feudal period, then gave some condottieri during the 15th and 16th century. After that, we were just landed gentry with a politically useless title. Technically, we would have had the right to partecipate in our nation's politics, but apparently we never bothered and just stuck to farming our land, who kept shrinking as all feudal rights got eliminated and we were left with just what was actually owned, most of which we had to sell due to agrarian reforms against latifundism in the 19th and 20th century.
Aside from that my mother's side of the family and also my paternal grandmother's were all unapologetically plebs, from middle class government workers to pleb hosts.
>>
Not that I know of.
Marriages between people of different social classes was forbidden in Japan.
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.