[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sometimes, i wish i want to live in the roman empire during its

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Roman Empire 1.jpg (1MB, 3445x2238px) Image search: [Google]
Roman Empire 1.jpg
1MB, 3445x2238px
Sometimes, i wish i want to live in the roman empire during its golden age, to be part of one of the greatest empires in the world seems like a thrill to me.
>>
I'll grant you that wish but you have to live in Africa.
>>
You're literally doing it right now... The west is essentially the largest empire on earth, a continuation of the roman empire and you're living in it, but you can't see the forest for all the trees, i guess.
>>
>>552895
You only have a comfort life if you born into a roman noble family, else it would be pretty shitty for the commons, million times worse than our time's condition
>>
>>552902
Alexandria wouldn't be too bad
>>
Rome is overrated.
>>
>>552902

It was good enough for Augustine
>>
> British, French, Australians, and N.Z. troops all eager for the fray. Hundreds of cruisers, dreadnoughts, super dreadnoughts, submarines torpedo destroyers and torpedo boats, all making a wonderful picture. It makes you realize the great might and strength of OUR empire and you can even feel a thrill of pride run through you as you realize that you yourself are part (If a very insignificant one) of this vast and magnificent brotherhood of people."
- Corporal Moysten Price Jones of the New Zealand Canterbury Battalion, writing to his mother before the invasion of Gallipoli
Not related to the Roman Empire, but I agree with your sentiment about being a part of it. It must feel amazing to be apart of something legendary that you know well be significant for generations.
>>
>>553164
Hey mom, me and these guys are going to fuck some people up, it's fun!
>>
Most commoners probably could not read and had no ideas about what the Roman "empire" was.
Remember, there were no newspapers, no aricles, no pictures no cinema news or tv or radio.
Unlike today there probably was very little consciousness of the empire as an empire and only those in power positions shared that consciousness(nobles high ranking military and high ranking bureaucrats and traders).
>>
>>552895
It sounds thrilling, but more than likely you would have been a peasant like 95% of the population.
>>
>>554668

This. To ordinary citizens, living in the roman empire probably just meant "living in the world".

They knew of Parthia and Germania, but that would prob be it. Nationalism is a modern concept.
>>
>>554712
The romans were quite patriotic.Just look at the second punic war
>>
>>554727
I laugh when people on here make the mistake of thinking Roman attitudes in the 3rd century BC are anything like they were during the height of the Empire centuries later.
>>
>>554561
t. Moysten "ready" Jones
>>
>>552902
Roman Africa was actually one of the most developed parts of the empire, specifically Egypt, but the rest of the Africa was good as well. The real shithole would be Britain
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.