[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All of the men in this picture died. Some of them died with frozen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 18

File: Ic6UVNq.jpg (141KB, 1280x849px) Image search: [Google]
Ic6UVNq.jpg
141KB, 1280x849px
All of the men in this picture died. Some of them died with frozen shit and piss molded into their legs if that part of their body died first. Some of them will contract disease and be thrown from buildings by their comrades. Most of them will starve or freeze to death, however the lucky ones will be killed in combat.
>>
>>551501

You'll die too one day anon
>>
Of the 600,000 Wehrmacht one the eastern front, 100,000 were alive at the fall of Stalingrad. of the 100,000 that surrendered, less then 5,000 survived.
>>
>>551509
And who knows how?
>>
>>551511
GOOD.
>>
>>551530
hello reddit
>>
File: 1385525331395.jpg (353KB, 1255x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1385525331395.jpg
353KB, 1255x1600px
Hard to even try and imagine the horror.
>>
>>551565
Smrt faĆĄizmu, sloboda narodu!
>>
>>551511
How does that compare to Napoleon's retreat?
>>
>>551509
is that a threat
>>
>>551530
edgy as fugg senpai
>>
War's h*ck
>>
>>551565
Hello, >>>/pol/
>>
>>551530
>>554708
Kill yourselves.
>>
>>554324
Seems worse, weren't there about 4-500,000 at the start and ~10,000 at the end?
>>
>>551511

I have no idea what you are talking about and I don't think you do either.

Total German dead on the Eastern Front was about 4 million and total overall Axis dead was about 5 million.

Your numbers sound about right for the numbers taken prisoner at Stalingrad and how many survived captivity.
>>
>>551575
To die for a diseased ideology?
>>
>>554833
Rather die for it that be send to die by one like the russians
>>
>>554841

Yeah because people defending their country from an aggressive invasion force that considered them racially inferior and wanted to take their land and ethnically cleanse them or reduce them to slave labour were just "dying for communism".
>>
>>551575
You know that old Soviet joke about battle of Stalingrad?

>Comrade Lieutenant, we have already liberated both bedrooms and bathroom, but Germans are still defending the kitchen.

Rattenkrieg.
>>
>>555026
Fuck. I can't even imagine how horrible it was.
>>
>>554865
>Defending
Soviets were aggressive invaders themselves. Soviets and nazis killing each other was a good thing for the world.
>>
Is this the thread where i post quotes from my book on stalingrad of how intense the fighting was?
>>
>>555051
Yes please
>>
>>555051

Do please.
>>
>During the first night, more than 6000 men were transported over the Volga to Stalingrad. After they had landed, the units from the division began immediately to attack the enemy who had occupied the city. Towards the evening of 15th september the 13. division had cleansed the area of the city east of the railroad from hitlersoldiers, and two rifle battalions had reached the Mamayev Kurgan.

>At dawn the 16th september two regiments stormed the height after a 10 minutes preparatory artillery bombardment. The fire from the enemy felld the soviet soldiers literally like wheat before the scythe. After a furious close quarters battle, the soviet forces took the hieght. The assaults launched by the germans during the following day were without result.

>On the 17th of september there were particularly bitter fighting over the central train station in Stalingrad, where the 1. battalion of 42. guards rifle regiment of the 13. guards rifle division, reinforced by a company of soldiers with sub-machine guns and a company with anti-tank weapons, were entrenched. The germans gathered up to 2 companies of infantery and around 20 panzers in the area by the train station and launched an assault. During the day, the station changed hands four times. Eventually the soviet forces had managed to throw the enemy out to the area beyond the railroad. On the approaching roads to the train station were 8 burning german panzers and there were almost 100 dead german soldiers. Company chief leuitenant Kolleganov reported to his chief of battalion overleuitenant Fedosejev:

>"Chief, as long as i live not one of the scum will pass by! Myself, i am completely deaf, and about to collapse, but we will die rather than retreat!"
>>
>The chief of one machinegun-platoon in the 92. rifle brigade Andrej Choziainov took part in the fighting over the grain silo and recalls later those days:

>"Inside the silo the wheat was burning, the water had evaporated from the mantles of our machineguns, the wounded asked for water but there was no water nearby. So we defended ourselves for three days and three nights. Heat, smoke and thirst, all had dried lips. During the days many of us climbed up to higher places in the silo and from there fired upon the fascists, and during the nights we climbed down again and defended the perimeter. Our radio stopped working already in the first day. We lost all communication with our own units."

>"So came the 20th of september. At noon, 12 enemy tanks approached the silo from south and from west. Our anti-tank rifles had since long past depleted their ammunition, and we had not one grenade left. The tanks drove up to the silo from two directions and began to fire almost directly at our garrison. But no one gave in. With machineguns and sub-machine guns we fired at the infantry, to not give them the possibility of entering the silo. But so a projectile tore both a Maxim gun and the gunner into shreds and in another place a piece of shrapnel pierced the cover of another Maxim gun and deformed the barrel. We had only one machinegun left."

>"A detonation blew the concrete into bits, and the wheat was on fire. We could not see each other in the dust and smoke, but we tried to encourage each other by shouting: 'Hurrah! Look out!'.

>Soon the fascist rifle soldiers appeared with machine-guns behind the tanks. There were about 150-200 men. They advanced very slowly, and always threw grenades before themselves. Sometimes we managed to catch the grenades in the air, and throw them back. Every time the fascists came closer to the walls of the silo, we would shout as we had agreed on beforehand: 'Hurrah! Forwards' For the motherland!'.
>>
>>551512
Thyroid cancer.
>>
>>555131
Any pics of the silo anywhere?
>>
>>551511
So what you are saying is that it was a bad place to time travel to.
>>
>>554734
So a German soldier had a better chance of surviving than a French soldier.
>>
>>555151
yeah lots in my book :^)

sorry i'm just translating some interesting parts. can't post any of the awesome pics. translating a piece about the fighting in the factory Red October right now, posting in 5-10 mins.
>>
>>555159
It's great, please carry on.
>>
Fast forward a bit:

On mid-day (of the 27th of september), 80 german tanks with mounted infantry advanced into the part of the city known as Red October. For seven days and seven nights there was then bitter fighting for every house and every floor of the houses. Any frontline in the traditional sense did not exist, nor was there any neutral ground. The main weapons used were submachine guns and handgrenades. Here they shot each other at close range, fought with bayonettes, rifle butts, field work shovels, chunks of brick, or simply with bare hands. Above the battlefield flew ceaselessly the german planes, which in groups of 25-30 planes without pause bombed the soviets, and sometimes their own forces. It occured that german and soviet soldiers during powerful air raids and bombings would take shelter in the same basement under a shell-ruined house and there sit crouched, waiting for the bombs to stop falling. When the airplanes had retreated the german and soviet soldiers would either resume fighting, or they would count between them who had the most men on each side, in order to thus determine who had taken whom as prisoners.
>>
[...]Rolf Grams, former major of the Wehrmacht and later historian, who had studied the 14. panzer divisions war history, wrote:

"It was tiring and terrifying fighting, both below and above ground. It went on in every ruin, basement, in the criss-cross of pipeways in a city and its industrial departments. Man against man. Tanks crawled upwards mountains of trash and metal junk, crept forwards with howling belt-tracks, through a chaos of destroyed workshops, fired on close range, and then made their way onward along barred-up streets and narrow factory yards. All this might have been endurable. But there were also deep ravines in the sandy earth which in entire labyrinths went down towards the Volga, where the soviets continously gathered their forces and anew threw themselves into the fight. In the virginal forests of the eastern and lower strand of the Volga the enemy was not visible, neither his artillery nor infantry, but he was there, invisible and gave fire, and night after night he sent hundreds of boats and ships of reinfocements across the mighty river and into the city's ruins."
>>
woops forgot to >imply.

gonna quote a bit from a handbook that was given to soviet stormtroopers.
>>
File: pepefraser.png (183KB, 370x359px) Image search: [Google]
pepefraser.png
183KB, 370x359px
>>551530
>>554708
>father was alcoholic
>mother kept getting pregnant
>could barely make ends meet
>don't know anything about the world except what adults tell you
>never hear anyone complaining about mister hitler, too young to remember the last time anyone did, you never even think of it, too preoccupied with day to day toil
>you are conscripted
>the army is strict but this is the first time you have had 3 straight meals every day
>make a few friends during training who you don't want to disappoint, endanger or let down
>shuttled straight to the front, never see the warsaw ghetto or jews in cattle cars
>spend most of the time carrying supplies for guys who are better than you, you hear gunfire, artillery, orders shouted at you and general commotion but rarely see anything worth shooting at
>burning down villages and such is something performed by other units further behind disconnected from the actual business of fighting real enemies, you never see or hear of it
>one time you are taken by surprise and get shot at and return fire at something in the foliage ahead of you, it happens very quickly
>another time you roll past a line of civilians in a truck, nothing much happens
>now you are in the city and the fighting is more intense, you see your friends die, as the situation deteriorates it becomes a matter of survival
>still you are shooting at people who are shooting back, you're not even sure if you've killed anyone, most of them stay well behind cover
>supplies run out
>now you are starving, freezing and covered in lice, your officer takes your rifle and moments later soviet soldiers make you get up and march out of the city to a barbed wire open air pen
>you sit there in the cold and start to get a fever
>germans you don't know move you to another part of the pen with other sick germans
>dead of complications arising from typhus and hypothermia at age 20
>72 years and 348 days later and a redditor believes you deserved this
>tfw
>>
>>555208
War sure is hell my friend
>>
>The soviet storm group made up the forefront of the attack group. It consisted usually of 6-8 men armed with light hand-held firearms. Each storm group was assigned a task. The fortification group was normally split into several sub-groups, who tried to enter an objective from multiple directions. They rushed in after the storm group as soon as the chief gave the signal "They are in!". They took up fire positions and build a fire guidance system against the enemy to stop all his attempts to relieve the garrison inside the objective. The fortification group had heavier equipment: Heavy machineguns, grenadelaunchers, anti-tank guns, picks, metal rods and explosives. A reserve was kept to be used to reinforce the storm groups and to defend the flanks.

>Soon there was made and distributed for these units a regulation of how to use these attack groups, a regulation written in the same style and with the same easy language as Suvorovs famous work "The Art of Victory":

>"Enter the house together you two, you and the grenade, both must be lightly clad, you without your duffel bag and the grenade without its casing; enter in the following way: First the grenade and then you after; go through the whole house, again together with your grenade, the grenade first and you afterwards."

>"Do not be afraid! You have already taken the initiative, it is in your hands. Act as evil as you can with grenade, automatic weapon, knife and shovel! A fight inside a house is always a raging battle. You shall there fore be prepared for surprises. Be on your guard!"

>"Automatic weapon around your neck, ten grenades at hand, courage in mind. Forwards!"
>>
File: 1452664672198.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1452664672198.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>555208
>>
>>555208
Nice
>>
>>551501
This pleases me.
>>
>>555229
Where does one find this
>>
>>555257
The author's name is Michail Barjatinskij
>>
>>555208
Screencapped.
>>
>>551501
fug nadsis :DD
>>
>>555289
It mentions Reddit in a negative light. You tell me if that's a good idea. I will be waiting for your answer.

>/r/4chan
End it all.
>>
>>555026
I don't get it. Fuck I'm stupid.
>>
>>551530
And absolutely nothing of value was lost.
>>
File: 46193.jpg (3MB, 3462x2262px) Image search: [Google]
46193.jpg
3MB, 3462x2262px
>>551501
>All of the people in this picture died. Some of them died with frozen shit and piss molded into their legs if that part of their body died first. Some of them will contract disease and be thrown into ovens by their comrades. Most of them will starve or freeze to death, however the lucky ones will be killed in the gas chambers
>>
>>555323
It's awfully sad, probably sadder, but I guess since we were all brought up getting constantly told how awful the Holocaust was, it doesn't give me the same emotional reaction as thinking about the soldiers dying on the eastern front does. Maybe it's because the soldiers were mostly young white men and I can relate to them more. Or maybe it is a contrarian attitude: "they tell me to feel sorry for them, but not for them, I'm going to do the opposite".
>>
>>555334
I sympathize with humans of all kinds, so it doesn't matter to me if they are Jews or not.
>>
>>555343
Is that post passive aggressive or is it just me?
>>
>>555302
I think it's a joke about how close quarters Stalingrad was and how little battles were fought for. They were fighting room to room the entire time.
>>
>>555343
I agree with this wholeheartedly.
>>
>>555359
I hate tribalistic bullshit. People are people even if they aren't in the same tribe as you are. Tribe of course being a loose way of saying "group" of some sort - race, religion, ect. Problem is, sites where racism starts as jokes usually end up being actually racist. People forget that it started out as jokes/irony and think it's what the majority thinks.

Also being contrarian isn't really that special. The holocaust was bad because people were killed in horrible ways, including medical experiments. Making fun of the gas chambers doesn't take away from the horror they possess. The idea of dying in one scares the crap out of me. It's also that of being burned alive too. I can't imagine who can do that to fellow human beings, just because they are racist.
>>
>>555157
5000/600 000*100= 0.83% chance for a german in stalingrad
10 000/500 000*100= 2% chance for napolianic soldier

Have you ever visited a school?
>>
>>555369
I agree, but you implied I was some kind of nazi sympethizer who diminished the suffering of the jews.
>>
The holocaust is a lie. I though that everyone knew it by now.
>>
>>551509
>I harbour threats from nobody
>>
>>555343
This being my first time on /his/, it's surprising to hear someone speak of Jews without hatred and condemnation. I'll need to come here more often.
>>
My grandpa liberated Dacow. It was freezing, and he saw a dead SS guard in the snow- his show was missing and my grandpa took his knife and sawed and cut the guards toe off. Later, when he was on relief, he carved the toe into a ring. Now, I own a bone ring made from a dead nazi. Haha
>>
Fuck nazis
>>
>>555422
That's probably your own insecurities. It's not how I read it.
>>
>>555554
Pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>554708
le /pol/ boogeyman haha xd upvote me for sick le reddit karma xd xd anyone who disagrees with me is /pol/ its 2016 senpai hahah lol baka desu senpai
>>
>>555520
I usually try to have a more balanced view of things.
>>
>>555554
Was this before or after he personally killed Hitler?
>>
File: ExcuseMe.jpg (38KB, 513x524px) Image search: [Google]
ExcuseMe.jpg
38KB, 513x524px
>>555323
>ovens
>gas chambers
>implying they didnt die from typhus from the allied forces bombing supply routes to the internment camps

wew lad....
>>
>>555589
except it is you passive aggressive pseudo intellectual faggot
>>
>>555554
You mean Dachau?
>>
>>555599
Ironic shit posting ect ect
>>
File: soldaten.jpg (12KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
soldaten.jpg
12KB, 318x318px
>>555208

To a certain extent this idea that some people have of ordinary soldiers being fairly innocent of the atrocities has been destroyed in the last few years.

During WW2 the Brits and Americans bugged German POWs hoping for intelligence and only fairly recently were the stored tapes discovered by a German historian who began listening to them.

The ordinary soldiers talk about all kinds of shit such as raping Russian women at will and taking part in brutality against civilians and being aware of mass killings.
>>
File: auschwitz-gas-chamber-door.jpg (111KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
auschwitz-gas-chamber-door.jpg
111KB, 640x480px
>>555323
Those gas chamber doors sure are study.
>>
File: Door.jpg (28KB, 330x432px) Image search: [Google]
Door.jpg
28KB, 330x432px
>>555638

Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8 out of 8.
>>
>>555334
Even as a solider, I sympathize more with the civilian populace. Yeah going to some shitty front a dying a horrible death is awful, but at that point you're already dead and living in hell. The civilians are just trying to live their lives and want no part. They are getting fucked by the Soviets and the Germans where at least a uniformed soldier has his military organization to lean on.
>>
>>555630
>Welzer
>His research is focused on memory, violence, and social impacts of climate change.
>Wrote, "Climate Wars: What People Will Be Killed For in the 21st Century"
Yeah no. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>555675

>I'll just handwave it away just like I do every piece of evidence about the Nazis.
>>
>>551530
reddit
>>
>>554833
I can tell you have a vagina
>>
>>555686
Absolutely. The guy is a self-hating German and a sociologist. What's worst, is that he is a pop-sociologist, writing about how fucking climate change impacts sociology.

If you can't correlate the two, let me do it for you. Anti-German means he has an agenda. Pop means he is just trying to appeal to popular trends to make money from his writings. Sociologist means he is part of a bullshit pseudoscience field and does not have the amount of historical checks, credibility, or experience that comes with working in the history field academically.

Bullshit bullshit bullshit.
>>
>>555703
butthurt?
>>
>>555703

And his co-author is the Chair of Military History at the University of Potsdam.

http://www.soenke-neitzel.de/de/soenke_neitzel/
>>
File: 1451827465711.png (16KB, 932x1042px) Image search: [Google]
1451827465711.png
16KB, 932x1042px
>>555208
>Uses an appeal to emotion
>Ignores the fact that not all German soldiers were this innocent
>Germans dindu nuffins

Do you work for CNN
>>
>>555616
gb2 reddit etc etc
>>
>>555769
already there
>>
>>551509
le memento mori amirite?
>>
>>551511

Germans slaughtered almost 50k civilians of Wola district, Warsaw between 5 -12 August 1944,

7days, 50k people, its like small city
>>
>>555208

OK, now make up the same story about, say, a member of some civil war faction somewhere in Africa. Suddenly all the empathy is gone, right?
>>
>>555051
What book, senpai?
>>
File: 1449677458526.jpg (76KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
1449677458526.jpg
76KB, 392x500px
>>551501
in this thread
>12 year old commies
>people who will never go to vahalla
>beta leftist

Much Butthurt
>>
>>556834
yeah, getting torn apart by artillery and shrapnel is a straight ticket to jannat isn't it ahmed
>>
>>556778
>Suddenly all the empathy is gone, right?
not him, but no. A soldier is a soldier, regardless of whose side they're on.
>>
>>555208

He should have stayed home, instead of taking part in the german attempt to seize slavonic clay in a giant act of robbery.
>>
>>556778
No, I and I think most people would feel the exact same way. The hell of war is universal. Don't impute empathies or the lack thereof onto others just because your feelies tell you big bad racists would feel a certain way.
>>
File: 1379193149131.png (34KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1379193149131.png
34KB, 493x402px
If not then they would have been dead today anyway. Or 90 years old and senile.
>>
>>556755
Don't forget to cite your sources reddit. That shit is a fucking Jewish lie
>>
>>556890
>>556899
Nice ideologies. They belong on >>>/pol/
>>
>>551501

how the fuck is this shit thread still up
>>
>>557285
Because its better than most other threads

>implying this board even remotly has hope with hiw its set up
>>
>>557523
Better than shit and ontopic are different things
>>
>>551511
You would still have it worse and more probable death fighting under the soviet flag. Soviet losses for the whole Eastern front were over 10 million. Insane military policy & purges.
>>
>>557280
And you belong back to >>>/reddit/
>>
>>551509
prove it
>>
>>551530
*tips fedora*
>>
>>555607

Off with you, /pol/cuck.
>>
File: 4165187091a4b8af523e019f7c39e067.jpg (378KB, 730x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4165187091a4b8af523e019f7c39e067.jpg
378KB, 730x1080px
>>556834
>romanticizing ww2
end this meme now before it ends you
>>
>>555208
fuck
>>
>>551501
ITT: 12 year old stormweenies trying to feel edgy and cool by forcing a crusade against le leftists
>>
File: dresden.jpg (43KB, 508x264px) Image search: [Google]
dresden.jpg
43KB, 508x264px
>>555208
cry more

There are literally hundreds of millions of Germans alive today.

Meanwhile my people are on the verge of extinction
>>
>>555302
Tank manufacturing was at such a rush, often the manufacturers would get on, drive them out of the factory and over a few streets to join the fight.
The fighting was -very- close quarters.
>>
>>561622
>Native Americans
>Approximately 60.5 million
>on the verge of extinction
>>
>>562228
>60 mil native Americans

Haha fucking as-if

>I'm 1/356th Apache!
>>
>>561622
Shouldn't have plagued and boozed each other to death.
>>
>>555630
so.. they were like every other group of soldiers in history before mass media
>>
File: 1452734958366.png (1MB, 1240x869px) Image search: [Google]
1452734958366.png
1MB, 1240x869px
>>561622
>>
>>562228
>>562232
I believe he's incorrectly equating Hispanic Mexicans/Central Americans with the nearly extinct Plains and North Eastern Indians.
>>
>>555369
Its just as bad to be on the other end of the spectrum and condemn all German forces for the acts of some. I understand and realize the grave acts commited, but that doesn't excuse the acts afterward like Russian forces raping every
German woman they saw or the acts of the mossad. If you want to be the hero orthe victim you can't take revenge
>>
File: 1451026454308.jpg (24KB, 280x246px) Image search: [Google]
1451026454308.jpg
24KB, 280x246px
>>551501
That's what you get when you have a shitty leader who didn't care about you. Launching wars into places you couldn't possibly win, and then creating equally shitty policies like not allowing retreat under any circumstance, and letting your soldiers get encircled and annihilated.

eat shit naziboos
>>
>>555607
>still thinking that allied air force went after railroads.

3 of every 1000 bombs dropped on Germany landed within 1/2 mile of their intended target.
>>
>>556895
Avoid conscription and be sent to get shot or enslaved? No, thank you.
>>
File: cold short.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
cold short.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>551501
They also died shitting
>>
>>562305
>I believe he's incorrectly equating Hispanic Mexicans/Central Americans

Those are mestizos, not natives

One drop of white blood makes you non native

sorry
>>
>>557280
t u m b l r
>>
>1945 + 71
>Taking sides on a conflict that you never lived through
>Defending those sides against others who also never lived to see those conflicts
>Fighting a dead war on the internet for the sake of toxic ideology
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.