[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's your favorite Pope, /his/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 54747_popegreg_vii_lg.gif (387KB, 752x1024px) Image search: [Google]
54747_popegreg_vii_lg.gif
387KB, 752x1024px
Who's your favorite Pope, /his/?
>>
>>549233
Alexander VI.

Because who doesn't love a Pope that doesn't believe in God, murders thousands of people, and gets lewd with his evil daughter?
>>
Sylvester II:
Invented the mechanical clock and a bunch of other shit like a boss, people thought he was some kind of sorcerer, made kind of a shitty Pope though.

Urban II:
DEUS VULT

Gregory VII:
Turned the Church into a superpower, rekt the Germans.

Clement V:
Brought the Papacy to France where it belongs.
>>
I like Benedict XII, his election made me kek

>A common practice at the time was for Cardinals to vote for a Cardinal who was not considered a real possibility for the papacy on the first ballot, in order to see how the other Cardinals were leaning. However, this time, over two-thirds of the Cardinals independently voted for Fournier. The Cardinals had not planned this, so the accession of the obscure Fournier on the first ballot was an entirely accidental affair.

>yfw youre too normy you became Pope
>>
Leo I

Despite his defeat at the Battle of Chalons in 451, Attila invaded Italy in 452, sacking cities such as Aquileia and heading for Rome. In response, the emperor sent Leo with an envoy to negotiate with Attila. Little is known of the specifics of the negotiations, as a result of which Attila withdrew. Most ancient and medieval historians celebrated Leo's actions, giving him all the credit for this successful embassy. According to Prosper of Aquitaine who was alive at the time of the event, Attila was so impressed by Leo that he withdrew.[8] Another near-contemporary was the historian Priscus who records that Attila was dissuaded from attacking Rome by his own men because they feared he would share the fate of the Visigothic king Alaric, who died shortly after sacking the city in 410.[9] Paul the Deacon, in the late 8th century, relates that an enormously huge man dressed in priestly robes and armed with a naked sword, visible only to Attila, threatened him and his army with death during his discourse with Leo, and this prompted Attila to submit to his request.
>>
>>549287
lel, I remember this in The Accursed Kings.
>>
File: 1452556619808.jpg (771KB, 1200x1819px) Image search: [Google]
1452556619808.jpg
771KB, 1200x1819px
>>
>>549233
Innocent III he unintentionally became the most powerful pope
>>
>>549233
Celestine V. Resigned and was still murdered.
>>
>>549259
who can blame him?
>>
>>549287
>tfw he was actually a based pope who tried to fix the papacy
truly divine will
>>
File: Caesar_was_pope.jpg (153KB, 800x1267px) Image search: [Google]
Caesar_was_pope.jpg
153KB, 800x1267px
Does Pontifex Maximus count, or does it have to be after the institution became christian?
>>
Who >Saint Malachy prophecy here?

In recent times some interpreters of prophetic literature have drawn attention to the prophecies due to their imminent conclusion; if the list of descriptions is matched on a one-to-one basis to the list of historic popes since the prophecies' publication, Benedict XVI (2005–13) would correspond to the second to last of the papal descriptions, Gloria olivae (the glory of the olive).
The longest and final prophecy predicts the Apocalypse:

In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit [i.e., as bishop].
Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations, and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills [i.e. Rome] will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The End.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes
>yfw Pope Francis is the antichrist
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.