[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Wittgenstein’s response to me was humiliating, and his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: Wittgenstein.jpg (164KB, 902x902px) Image search: [Google]
Wittgenstein.jpg
164KB, 902x902px
>Wittgenstein’s response to me was humiliating, and his response to female students who tried to attend his lectures was even worse. If a woman appeared in the audience, he would remain standing silent until she left the room.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!! Witty knows what's up. Yet /lit/ pathetically tries to pretend that literature can be worthwhile when it's saturated with females.

WE'VE GONE THROUGH THIS. Women are the sexually in demand sex and will therefore NOT be incentivised to work hard in areas that require results / risk / standards of work that can be objectively judged. Women in any field is a sign of its deterioration. Go and do something worthwhile such as pure mathematics, brain surgery, garbage collection, theoretical physics, etc
>>
You're off your meds again arent you?
>>
Show me on the doll where the woman didn't touch you.
>>
>>546914
Based
>>
Go away /r9k/.
>>
>>546914

>pure mathematics
>worthwhile

Hello, reddit!
>>
File: 1452440896174.jpg (180KB, 1599x999px) Image search: [Google]
1452440896174.jpg
180KB, 1599x999px
/tumblr/ on suicide watch
>>
>>547094
>pure maths
>not worthwhile
Hello, Ebay!
>>
>>547094
Anti--Intellectual: The Post
>>
>>546914

He was mates with Anscombe, though.
>>
>>547211
"intellectual" is just a term people use to feel important without actually doing anything useful.
>>
>>547223
Cynicism: The Post
>>
>>547230
truth hurts doesn't?
>>
>>546914
>Garbage collection is more worthwhile than biology because it doesn't have a lot of females.
As with construction working and oil welling too I assume?
>>546924
Yes, he most definitely is
>>
>>546914 (OP)
Everyone knows why he did this.
Well, maybe women don't, but is there anyone in this planet who wouldn't, even secretly, agree that Schopenhauer was right that women can't have an objective interest in things?
>>
Wow, he was autistic. It's not like it seems like everyone who deals with epistemology or philosophy of language are autistic to some degree.

I mean we have people like Kripke, arguably the most important expert in logic still alive, put up a tent and live outside one of his female students apparent. Because why the fuck not.

I know Ayer once drove a car with another philosopher. Both where in their 60's and worked at the same faculty. He didn't have anything to say, so Ayer ask this guy (whose name I've forgotten) if he was a virgin. He casually said yes. Ayer went on to ask that if he wasn't a virgin, would it be with a girl or a boy. After a few minutes he responded "a man, I suppose". And then they didn't say much.
>>
>>547376
>is there anyone in this planet who wouldn't, even secretly, agree that Schopenhauer was right that women can't have an objective interest in things?

Regardless of gender, the ability is at the least exceedingly rare and possibly non-existent.
>>
>>547394
Lmao. Analytic philosophy more like autismal philosophy amirite or amirite
>>
>>547402
Explain.
>>
>>547444

What do you need explaining? It seems a perfectly straightforward claim.
>>
File: 1445927660960.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445927660960.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
Thank God for meritocracy
>>
>>547473
Well, is the discussion for whether an objective interest exist in itself objective or subjective?
Clearly it would be subjective since those in its defense or attack would like to ascribe themselves who are objective in thinking, the virtue of being able to be objective. But in those who have not experienced objective interest, in order to not seem less than virtuous, they will try to degrade all interest into subjective interest. By asserting that the ability to be objective is impossible, I assume that you are of the latter type. On me, I'll assume that I'm of the former type. Both are subjective but the goals are different.

To anyone that has experienced objective interest, this can be taken as a matter-of-fact concept, as it is intimately knowable with past experiences.
>>
Witty was just lonely since no one had the power level to deal with his bantz.
>>
>>548134
Things stop being fun once they involve your fists.
>>
>>548049
>By asserting that the ability to be objective is impossible

I didn't assert that, I offered it as a possibility. I have a hard time believing you can be objective when you can't correctly perceive something so simple.

>On me, I'll assume that I'm of the former type.

Well, it's clear that you're an excellent judge of that, assuming we grant in advance that you are, in fact, an excellent judge of that.
>>
>>548155
By offering a "might be" possibility you are only trying to ensure that your argument is not refuted on the grounds that there will always be an exception that proves the rule.

Likewise, I can say that I never asserted that you said it was impossible.

Definitional retreat, so to speak.
>>
>>547394
Witty was apparently not a complete autist and had sex with men and women.
>>
>>548139
What, did Witty get in a fistfight over his philosophy of language or something?
>>
>>548191
Judging by his biography he seemed very well capable of doing so.
Guaranteed to happen if your age has barely hit a second digit.
>>
>>548172
>By offering a "might be" possibility you are only trying to ensure that your argument is not refuted on the grounds that there will always be an exception that proves the rule.

No, I'm exercising appropriate epistemic humility. I don't know if it's possible or not.

>Likewise, I can say that I never asserted that you said it was impossible.

Likewise in every respect save that I'm speaking the truth and you would not be.
>>
>>548191

When he became a schoolteacher for a while, he would freak out at the kids when they didn't understand maths problems he set them. Fond of a clip around the ear pour encourager. The natives got restless and he had to flee under cover of night. Absolute madman.
>>
>>548207
Quoted the wrong post.
It doesn't seem like epistemic humility to make a bold assumption in terms of quantity the way you did, that is, that there are so little of those who take an objective interests of things that they could be practically said to not exist (or as you said, might be non-existant).
>>
>>548230

Jesus, calm down.

>It doesn't seem like epistemic humility to make a bold assumption in terms of quantity the way you did

We are all of us only so virtuous; I can only say what I see.

>that there are so little of those who take an objective interests of things that they could be practically said to not exist (or as you said, might be non-existant).

Why is the bit before the brackets there? Why do you seem to have such difficulty sticking to what I've actually said, tacking it on like an afterthought?

>(or as you said, might be non-existant)

Well it might be. I'm sorry if you wanted some grand battle where two sides are utterly certain of diametrically opposed propositions. Can't help you there.
>>
>>548256
I wonder how much have you seen that again, you can boldy make the statement
>rare or might be non-existant
As a matter of fact, I have to wonder if you've had any male socialization at all.
>>
>>548256
>>548230
What the hell are you cunts talking about?
>>
>>548268
Autist A is claiming women only like shit because of a bundle of associations.

Autist B is saying people only like shit because of associations, and is holding out the possibility for rare exceptions.

Autist A is buttmad about the possibility of exceptions.
>>
>>548266

What's your objective assessment of the value I place in your speculation?

>>548268
Him: Isn't Schopenhauer correct to say that women are incapable of being objective?
Me: Most people are incapable of being objective, if anyone is, which is doubtful.
Him: How curious that you should say it is utterly impossible that anyone might conceivably be objective about anything, ever.
Me: I didn't say that.
Him: Ah, but then I could certainly say that I did not say that which, formerly, I had said.
Me: Yeah, but I actually didn't say that.
Him: Mmm, but the thing which you, in actuality, did say, was merely a blackguard's ruse, intended to disguise that which you lack the courage, the manly virtue, to express forthrightly.
Me: Nah, it's what I actually think.
Him: I stand amaz'd, and can but speculate upon your personal history. It is impossible for me to overstate - nay, it is impossible for language to express - the degree of my personal incredulity concerning the facts of the matter as they pertain to the most extraordinary sentiments you have issued.

tl;dr he's some species of pretentious wanker and I'm probably being trolled.
>>
Is Witty the most overrated philosopher of the 20th century, and the second most overrated after Descartes?
>>
>>548321
This is why /his/ exists.
>>
>>548478
Why do you think Descartes is overrated?
>>
>>548478
>Is Witty the most overrated philosopher of the 20th century

IMO both Sartre and Heidegger are way, way more overrated.
>>
>>548495
>Went to great lengths to say "Dude we exist lmao"
>400 years later people think he said "Dude we don't exist lmao"
"Overrated" is a comment about his legacy, not about his work itself, which is historically significant but which isn't as rigorous, plausible, or well-argued as the work of many people who came after him.
>>548518
They're definitely up there, although I do like Heidegger.
>>
>>547239
>garbage collection, construction working (and arguably) oil welling aren't worthwhile
Yet without them, your cozy sheltered life would come to an abrupt end, and you would be faced with the dilemma of having to do something practical for your survival. Those occupations have to be done if you don't want to be forced to do it yourself.

With your smugness, and ideological positions, it can be assumed that you would not be very successful. Maybe if you protect *your* womyns' honour, they'll be able to provide for you in that scenario.

The manual labourers you hold in contempt are more in touch with societal reality than you are.
>>
>>548478
Nah, that dishonour goes to Popper. Literally Nothing but sjw fagottry, white self-hatred, and cuckoldry, the philosopher.

the very beginning of the degeneracy in some ways.
>>
>>546914
Autism.
>>
File: blushingcartoon.png (221KB, 506x482px) Image search: [Google]
blushingcartoon.png
221KB, 506x482px
>>546914
This chauvinism turns me on a tiny bit tbqhfamily
>>
>>548478
WHAT ABOUT QUINE, POOPER AND LAKATOS ?
>>
File: 1447720006242.jpg (63KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1447720006242.jpg
63KB, 576x1024px
>>546964
Underrated post
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.