[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone here interested in donating to start an Orthodox home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

Is anyone here interested in donating to start an Orthodox home for unwanted babies? It will have a site and everything, I'm going to work with my parish on it and they will probably have the link on their site. The idea is to offer a very humane alternative to abortion, and we want to make it all top quality, we'll advertise it as as much as possible and tell mothers who are considering abortion to consider the alternative, and see how well their kid could be taken care of. The project isn't rolling yet, but I'm giving early notice because I wanted to see how much interest you guys might have in it, and if you think you might want to help, I'll keep you posted.
>>
>>545048
>Is anyone here interested in donating to start an Orthodox home for unwanted babies?
why? did they kick you out of your house?
>>
>>545051
kek, well played
>>
how many people are behind the project? is it a permanent or temporal home until someone wants to adopt the baby? how much space do you have? do you expect to sustain it on donations alone?
>>
>>545048

>unwanted babies?

How can there be such a thing. Their organs have to be of use to someone.
>>
Interest, but sadly, I am a poor disabled NEET.
>>
>>545064
Just a few, I'm just circulating the idea a bit with them. I'm going to bring it up after Liturgy this Sunday. But I'm sure I can get my priest to kick in, and if we get enough, then bishop would probably offer some as well, and he has access to the diocese's coffers.

It would tentatively for adoption, but it could also work as something permanent.

I think if the diocese kicks in, sustaining it on donations permanently wouldn't be too hard.
>>
>>545077
Have you been through collage?
>>
Do you actually need orphanages where you are?

I don't wish to be mean, rude or sceptical, but if there is a demand for orphanages then there is probably already a local one that you could help rather than just deciding you are going to create a new one.
>>
>>545080
"Just a few" is not enough, considering babies need full time supervision and are a pain in the ass most of the part

Adoption would be preferable, babies need a home with a mother and father, however most couples arent into adoption that much, so you'll need to have a lot of people involved inorder to keep the house running. I'd strongly advise against it being something permanent though

It would be difficult, considering you must also provide for food, shelter, education, medicines, etc for a ton of babies. Also, what kind of education will you provide?
>>
This isn't your propaganda site for Christianity.

Take it elsewhere faggot.
>>
>>545108
fuck off to reddit, seriously
>>
>>545083
*College

>>545101
No, it's a way to make women reconsider abortion.

>>545106
There will be more than just a few, m8. I meant I have only circulated with the people I know from Church and keep in contact with, rather than the whole congregation. If I get enough people interested, I'm sure the priest would make an announcement after Liturgy.
>>
>>545115
no YOU fuck off christfag
>>
>>545118
Well you'll have to make sure there are plenty of people, and that those people are trustworthy and are commited to the project
>>
>>545118

>it's a way to harass women who have unwanted pregnancies

>Christian charity

Ahh I see.

You can indeed fuck off then. I thought this guy >>545108 was being rude.

Now I see he was 100% right.

Take your loopy plans and stick them up your arse.
>>
>>545131
>Constantine asks for support on something that is probably a pretty good idea
>huehuehue fugging chrischans go away :DD
seriously, what are you doing here anyways?
>>
>>545134
i dont see how it is "harassment", why would it be?
>>
>>545134
why are you so mad tho? he just doesn't want to see dead babies. So what if he believes in the Jewish Zombie man?
>>
>>545134
>>545142
oh wait I just saw its a tripfag.
>>
I'm a papist, but is there any way I can pitch in? Charity is charity.
>>
>>545134
But it's not about that at all. There would be ads and we would put up posters somewhere, but the idea to come up with a counter to abortion done in the spirit of Christian love (which I actually was inspired by, when my priest says that Christians need to start focusing on providing an alternative to abortion in order to stop it, rather than just focusing decrying it). Women who brought their babies by would be thanked and told they didn't have to choose to let their child live, but they did, which makes them a wonderful.

Rather than emphasizing the wickedness of abortion, the emphasis would be on how happy their child could be. Women can't just be guilt tripped into not having an abortion, they need a positive incentive. And if they saw a bright and wonderful future for their child, that would go a long way in helping.
>>
>>545149
Of course. I'm just gauging interest right now, but if there is enough here, then I'll try to get regular fundraising threads on it once it gets started.

God bless you.
>>
>>545229

If you look into adopting children anywhere in the developed world you will find the choice is usually limited to extremely difficult children from broken and problem homes, many of them with mental problems caused by abuse or severe learning difficulties. Maybe you should think about helping them.

Any woman with a normal, healthy baby to "give away" would have a queue of people to take it off their hands and give it a home.

Leave women alone.
>>
>>545272
The idea is to provide women with a reason to *want* to have their kid. If a woman considering an abortion saw an ad for a place where her kid would have a top tier environment and a great chance for a future, it might make her reconsider the abortion.
>>
And to reiterate, this is not about "harassing" women, this is precisely not that. The point is an anti-abortion project that is driven wholly by Christian love, and is about offering incentive, rather than guilt tripping women.
>>
>>545317
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
File: wwwwwww.jpg (15KB, 419x600px) Image search: [Google]
wwwwwww.jpg
15KB, 419x600px
>>545336
Please show us where the big bad Constantine touched you, anon.
>>
>>545048
>abortion
>not humane
>>
File: latest[1].png (387KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
387KB, 3000x3000px
>>545048
> Asking people on 4chan to support a home for little boys and girls
> Said home is run by a Christian

This sure won't end up being a disaster if it reaches the news.
>>
File: noice.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
noice.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>546500
this tbqh
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.