[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why did muh italian merchants had to invest in t. alberto barbosa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: huehuehuegibpizzacoloniorikillu.png (238KB, 460x295px) Image search: [Google]
huehuehuegibpizzacoloniorikillu.png
238KB, 460x295px
why did muh italian merchants had to invest in t. alberto barbosa and memespain for new world explorations. i mean it would be easier to build ships and expeditions departing from italy itself instead of sending money to those moors. what was the jew thinking????? pic related could have happened
>>
>>544901
>why did muh italian merchants had to invest in
Maybe because Italy didn't exist back then?
>>
>>544939
A mere technicality.
>>
Because why spend the huge amount of money to build an entire ship yourself using Atlantic shipbuilding techniques you're not as familiar with, having to shoulder the most risk between your wary investors should it sink, which is likely because your fellow Italians are not nearly as talented sailing the rough ocean as they are the Mediterranean, all to settle a colony thousands of miles away with the limited manpower of your single city to overcome attrition in fighting natives and exotic disease, all so you can grow cash crops and extract gold and silver which you were going to get anyway because you're so good at striking trade deals with the Spaniards in your favor.
>>
Probably bait but the problem is is, like>>544939
said, Italy didn't exist, thus it would be much harder for Italians to muster up resources from their city states to go and explore than the kingdoms of Portugal and Castille. If they did reach new world, they would have trouble holding on to territory or fighting off natives due to their position of being a city state.

Also, look at their position. They're strapped in the middle of the Mediterranean with no coast in the Atlantic. If they wish to sail to new world, they would have to go through the strait of Gibraltar which would be block by Spaniards in order to stop competition.
>>
>>544993
Span and "Italy" built ships differently?
>>
>>545009
>If they wish to sail to new world, they would have to go through the strait of Gibraltar which would be block by Spaniards in order to stop competition.
not true, they could have gone trough egypt's suez canal.i mean i know africa is dangerous and it be longer trip but it was an option
>>
>>544901
>steamgroup now raiding /his/ too
>>
>>544901
Why didn't Germany colonize the New World?
>>
>>545013
The ocean-faring ships of Iberia were based on fishing and trade vessels that specialized in navigating the deep ocean of the North Sea and Bay of Biscay. While some ship designs were similar, there was also the matter of rigging and sailcloth, as well as the knowledge and willingness of sailors to sail directly into open water away from the coastline to chase after the wind.
>>
>>545021
Thanks for the input. Have some reddit gold
>>
>>545009
what do you mean italy didnt exist, italy is like, older than kosovo (very old1!!)
>>545025
they were too worried about poland
>>
Was there any better place on Earth to develop sailing tech than in the Mediterranean? It's had major civilizations around it since the beginning of recorded history, there's always been a strong desire to trade there, and the conditions are relatively mild.
>>
>>545067
Oceanians, specifically the Lapita people of Eastern Papua/Near Melanesia.
>>
1) Italy didn't exist until 1861
2) The various Italian states didn't have enough manpower, nor the centralisation, to coordinate colonies around the world
3) They couldn't really leave the Mediterranean
4) It was more lucrative to fund Portuguese and Spanish expeditions
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.