[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/law/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: gambling_jpg_2443274b.jpg (59KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
gambling_jpg_2443274b.jpg
59KB, 620x387px
Why victimless crimes are a thing?
>>
>>541334
They're poorly defined as "victimless," when in reality, they have victims, its just not obvious to many who see these crimes as only affecting the individual. Consider how illegal drug use is usually defined as a victimless crime. That drug had to come some where and most likely came from an organized crime syndicate who is financed by the drug and who are also associated with other, more major, crimes.
>>
>>541366
Also, illicit drug usage ->loss of self-control -> potential damage to society.
It's very utilitarian, maybe even excessively so.
>>
>>541334
No such thing as a victimless crime, it's an oxymoron
>>
If a couple make a bet with each other for a couple dollars, in a lot of US states they are committing a felony.
so you tell me
>>
>>541384
>for a couple dollars
Pretty much every state has a defined amount of money when gambling becomes illegal and they tend to go into the hundreds to thousands.
>>
>>541334

Social engineering. With drugs, it's conservatives (be they Rep or Dem) trying to engineer society so their favorite drugs are available, while allowing them to lock up undesirables.

>>541366

You're saying that prohibition makes it into a crime, not that it's a crime by itself. The government can decide to de-fund organized crime any day, and it doesn't.

>>541372

Then you support banning anything fun but dangerous, like alcohol and sugar?

>>541376

You can have things that are illegal and yet only hurt people because they're illegal, the act itself does not cause harm.

For drug possession to be a true crime, the user would have to press charges against themselves and testify against themselves in court.
>>
>>541400
spoken like a true drug user
>>
>>541400
>giving money to drug dealers and supporting their shadey paramilitary operations up the pipeline isn't a crime
>>
>>541405

>implying you aren't a drug user

You don't drink tea or coffee, you don't eat chocolate, you don't drink alcohol?

>>541411

That's the decision of the government, not mine. The government can decide to de-fund organized crime any day they want, instead they want the money people spend on certain recreational drugs to go to criminals instead of to hospitals and schools.

But you agree with this policy?
>>
>>541421
>caffeine and alcohol are in the same league as cocaine and methamphetamine

>this is how drug using degenerates attempt to justify their decadence
>>
>>541334
I dunno, I don't study laws
>>
>>541426

They are all recreational drugs, so they're all in that league.

>my favorite drugs are legal
>this is how virtually all drug abusers justify their dependence
>>
>>541334
>Why
>>>/pol/
>>
File: really.jpg (9KB, 206x221px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
9KB, 206x221px
>>541421
>>541440
>lel you drink coffee, that's exactly the same as me popping mollies every weekend at the club xD
seek help
>>
>>541448

They're both recreational drugs being used for recreational value.

Then you're saying that if every recreational drug were currently illegal, you'd support that policy as you do the current policy?
>>
>>541468
>They're both recreational drugs being used for recreational value.
But they don't have the same effect, you fucking junkie.
Alcohol I understand, but when has drinking coffee ever lead to death or injury?
There's a reason why alcohol, coffee and now marijuana are legal, and the rest aren't, and it's not because the Man is keeping you down
>>
>>541469
>when has drinking coffee ever lead to death or injury?
Not him, but in rare circumstances, and I mean REALLY rare, I'm sure it has happened.

But so what? Even drinking too much water has led to people dying.

To say that because coffee and water can lead to death that cocaine should also be legal is pantsonhead retarded.
>>
File: 1430429751566.jpg (1017KB, 1539x4361px) Image search: [Google]
1430429751566.jpg
1017KB, 1539x4361px
laws are fantasies from normies who want to castrate you
>>
>>541334
Once you have a mechanism for coercion that has been accepted by a population, some people will inevitably try to use it to enforce their view of the world.

Victimless crime advocates will jump trough hoops to show you why the State should enforce their morals, even when nobody is materially harmed.
>>
>>541397
They also tend to define gambling as involving a house or some other overseer to the wager.
>>
>>541448
The coffee maker broke at my work last week and all the women were acting like complete junkies. My boss send someone out to buy a jug of coffee and they congregated around it like it was shooting out money. This bitch had 5 cups of coffee before noon. What the fuck.

I never realized how pathetic coffee drinkers are.
>>
>>541992
That's hilarious.
>>
Drug use and addiction is hardly victimless - what about children who have health problems because their parents were addicts, or storeowners who have their stores burglarized by junkies? Granted, these are primarily problems with addiction vs simple use, but there are many drugs that have a high potential for addiction.

Personally, I believe that the possession and use (but not distribution) of all drugs should be decriminalized, and certain drugs, such as Marijuana, should be legalized entirely. However, it'a clearly incorrect to day that drug use is uniformly a victimless crime.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.