[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What affects did the 1918 flu (aka Spanish flu) have on European

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

What affects did the 1918 flu (aka Spanish flu) have on European culture and demographics?

Why isn't more known about it in modern days?
>>
Bump
>>
I don't know what effect it had on European culture and demographics, but considering it killed 2% of the world population, it probably had some effect.
>>
File: Call the Midwife 2.jpg (2MB, 1969x1313px) Image search: [Google]
Call the Midwife 2.jpg
2MB, 1969x1313px
>>540669
Honestly it's surprising how little people know about the flu, I have only recently heard of it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
Final shameless bump
>>
My great-great grandmother died of that shit.
>>
it's effects, retard
not affects

and I have no idea
>>
>>541272
It had affects, loathing, grief, catharsis. But yes, OP almost certainly meant effects.
>>
>>541419
>>541272
Sorry
>>
>>540550
Now that that's sorted out, who's this baby-batter nagger?
>>
>>540813
My grandma's parents died from it.
>>
>>540550
The deaths of so many people almost certainly depressed the economy. This would've contributed to the rise of extreme ideologies at the time. It's dificult to say for sure since the relationships are complex, but perhaps the flu played a bigger role in setting off the events that led to WW2 than people realize.
>>
>>540813
>>541262
This show is so goddamn comfy
>>
>>540550

People don't know about the spanish flu? Really?
>>
File: InfluenzaPandemic.jpg (68KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
InfluenzaPandemic.jpg
68KB, 500x385px
>>
It kind of blended in with the horrors of WW1.

That and there was large amounts of media censorship.

Hence why it's called the Spanish flu, despite the fact that the best guess epidemiologists have is that it came from Kansas. Spain was a neutral country, and therefore the only place in Europe that reported the epidemic accurately, so people assumed it came from there.
>>
>>544129
Scary
>>
>>540550
didn't it start in Kansas or somewhere's around there?
>>
Yes.
>>
plebs died at a slightly higher rate than usual
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.