[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Edge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

Is there an edgier person in history than LBJ? He was edgier than dictators that would openly commit genocide their entire career.
>>
>>540200
>that quote

[citation needed]
>>
>>540214
It may or may not be a real quote. It first appeared in Ronald Kessler's book in 1996, obviously substantially later than LBJ's presidency. We'll never know if it was actually authentic.

LBJ definitely used "nigger," there are plenty of well-authenticated examples of that. But the quote, as Kessler described it, was said in the company of two Southern governors - that is, southern Democrats who were probably not big fans of civil rights. (I'm not sure what "like minded" means in this context - that they were all Democrats? Like-minded about what? And "confided" sounds like a value judgment, making it sound sneaky and conspiratorial without any basis.)

One thing LBJ was really good at was molding himself to work over other people; he could be overbearing and intimidating, or he could flatter and suck up to people, even as the president, if he thought that was the best way to get them to do what he wanted. Saying "hey you guys know I'm just doing all this to get the niggers to vote for us right" in a private meeting with two southern Democrats is completely in line with how LBJ did politics.

It's kind of funny that we are constantly calling politicians slippery liars, yet with quotes like this one people seem to automatically believe it is a full, honest portrayal of the politician's soul. Biographers and scholars of LBJ generally agree that he had a lot of sympathy for American blacks and was genuinely supportive of civil rights, and it's much more likely that this quote - if it was actually said - was him attempting to buddy up to some Southern good ol' boys rather than a true confession of his political aims.
>>
File: Bald Eagle.jpg (3MB, 2251x2814px) Image search: [Google]
Bald Eagle.jpg
3MB, 2251x2814px
LBJ would insist on holding meetings while he was on the toilet. The famous "Johnson treatment" included the president staring you down to the sound of his shit splashing into the bowl below.

He also nicknamed his penis "Jumbo."
>>
>>540441
>He was just pretending!
>appealing to the southern Democrats!
They said the same thing about Lincoln and deporting slaves.
Blatant lies.
>>
>>540441
Maybe. But as Senate Majority Leader he killed every Civil Rights Bill Ike sent to Congress. Almost all of Ike's bills were indistinguishable from the 1964 Bill. LBJ was a crafty mofo who was just smart enough to know which way the political winds were shifting later on.
>>
File: 1349802024093.jpg (40KB, 497x750px) Image search: [Google]
1349802024093.jpg
40KB, 497x750px
>>540452
Whatever man. If you want to believe that a single possibly-authentic quote first mentioned 30 years after his presidency totally reveals a life-long conspiracy and obviously outweighs his entire career and all the statements of LBJ himself and the people who knew him regarding his views on civil rights, I don't think anything anyone posts is going to change your mind.
>>
File: sinisterandobscene-full[1].jpg (88KB, 729x549px) Image search: [Google]
sinisterandobscene-full[1].jpg
88KB, 729x549px
>>540451
He was definitely one of the crudest and most vulgar American presidents ever. He was also a murderer.
>>
>>540470
Do you squat to piss? —LBJ
>>
>>540200
You know, the one who came after him.
>>
A buddy of mine went with his father to the Brazoria county fairgrounds for a political bbq. He was in his early teens at the time.
Charlie went to the men's and was standing at the trough pissing when someone else walked in. He dismissed it as just another adult. The guy stood next to him and was also pissing when he offered his hand with the words, "HI, I'm Lyndon Johnson. What's your name?' Johnson was Vice President at the time.
Charlie told him and went back to his father. A short time later one of Johnson's aids approached and asked for the young man's name and address. His father suspiciously wanted to know why, and the aide said that the Vice President had met the boy and wanted to send him a Christmas card.
Charlie got a Christmas card from Lyndon Johnson every year till Johnson died.
>>
>>542597
What a bizarre story.
>>
>ask allies to help you pull off a false flag
>plan goes awry
>stormturds are still pinning the blame 100% on your co-conspirator ally 5 decades later
>>
File: uss_liberty_aftermath.jpg (81KB, 480x411px) Image search: [Google]
uss_liberty_aftermath.jpg
81KB, 480x411px
>>543904
Oops
>>
>>543904
>>543911
Are you accusing LBJ of engaging in treason against the United States? Or are you implying that the USS Liberty incident was justified in any way?

You have a really fucked up idea of morality.
>>
LBJ was undoubtedly morally bankrupt, but ultimately, little more than a puppet for the power establishment of the day.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>540200
He never said that. Every single site said that it was attributed to him but even then it's heavily unlikely and I checked all sites on all the political spectrum.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.