[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do the lower classes always fight among themselves instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1451281032010.jpg (709KB, 2955x2216px) Image search: [Google]
1451281032010.jpg
709KB, 2955x2216px
Why do the lower classes always fight among themselves instead of joining together?

Why is there this crab in a barrel mentality rather than everyone banding together to accomplish something?
>>
Why do you assume they have common interests?
>>
What is the fall
>>
>>539895
"Classes" are relative
>>
>>539898
I know we're not supposed use events in the last 20 years but take the minimum wage increase proposed in America.

Workers at Mcdonald's wanted 15 dollars and hour but after this there was this huge out lash from other people, who were either not on the living wage or slightly above it, about them getting 15 an hour.

>>539907
I suppose this is true but I guess to be more specific is why do the poor always fight among themselves?
>>
>>539895
It's almost as if there are more divisions to humanity than class.>>539895
>>
>>539925
:^)
>>
>>539925
But wouldn't you agree that money unites all? I mean it is the greatest story ever told.
>>
Classism is internalized, even in the lower classes. *Especially* in the lower classes. Although the real question is why this is so.
>>
>>539895
To fight against the people giving them jobs?
>>
>>539923
>I know we're not supposed use events in the last 20 years but take the minimum wage increase proposed in America.
>Workers at Mcdonald's wanted 15 dollars and hour but after this there was this huge out lash from other people, who were either not on the living wage or slightly above it, about them getting 15 an hour.
yeah I don't really get it either. I'm often arguing this with my coworkers who are bitter about the minimum wage raise for fast food workers saying we work harder and do more important work than them so we deserve it more. (never mind the fact that they've been fighting for it for years but w/e)

I always tell them that we should be fighting against the people who control the whole pie, rather than getting mad at other people who have a few more crumbs than we do.
>>
>>539980
I'm saying why is that other poor people bash one another when one tries to get ahead.
>>
>>539980
Maybe he means some kind of community-driven safety net. Which do actually happen but they're not as visible as larger non-profits and government programs, which themselves are kind of a huge counterexample to the premise.
>>
>>539923

Why do you assume "the poor" are a monolithic class entity?

I would recommend Machiavelli's Discourses on Livy. Class and class identity has a lot more to do than just wealth.
>>
Classes don't exist.
>>
>>539895
>Why do the lower classes always fight among themselves instead of joining together?

They don't.

>Why is there this crab in a barrel mentality rather than everyone banding together to accomplish something?

There isn't.

Go read about the PSI
>>
>>539895

>Why do the lower classes always fight among themselves instead of joining together?

What exactly are you talking about? Are you one of those people who thinks that if poor white people were only willing to team up with poor black people, they could rule the world together?
>>
>>539990
>yeah I don't really get it either. I'm often arguing this with my coworkers who are bitter about the minimum wage raise for fast food workers saying we work harder and do more important work than them so we deserve it more. (never mind the fact that they've been fighting for it for years but w/e)
most of the humanity is hedonistic [which includes egotism] and the best hedonism after having pleasure yourself is to have pleasure yourself while others suffer.

this is why, the liberals and libertarians, whose doctrine is nothing but the praxis of hedonism, fantasize about the hedonist who could be altruistic simultaneously, or at least more than a few seconds in his life.
>>
>>539895
Because there is a reason they are in "lower classes."
>>
>>539923
So it's a good thing they don't unite then.
Fighting for a 15 dollars/hour is just retarded.
>>
>>539895

Because nobody wants to be lower class, and class is completely subjective and made up in modern societies.
>>
>>542058
> And class is completely subjective and made up in modern societies.
Obviously, and they where in old ones as well. Doesn't mean that what class you belong isn't epistemologically objective, even if it's ontologically subjective.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.