[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>consciousness creates reality! Give me your best rejoinder.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: double-slit-experiment.jpg (117KB, 736x472px) Image search: [Google]
double-slit-experiment.jpg
117KB, 736x472px
>consciousness creates reality!
Give me your best rejoinder.
>>
>>537783
Total bullshit
>>
>>537783

The best rejoinder is a silent, incredulous stare.
>>
the term "observer" is analogical in quantum physics talk, it doesn't mean that literally looking at things messes them up, it means that introducing new forces to a system messes them up. On the quantum level things are so small that the light produced by e.g. a microscope is enough to push a particle in one way or another so you can never have a completely accurate measurement. Not because of any weird consciousness magic but because on that scale there is no such thing as a negligible amount of force.
>>
>>537805
10/10 post

Pls /his/, save this post and read it the next time you think you have an "opinion" or an "insight" regarding physics.

>also /thread
>>
>>537805
We cannot know precisely both the momentum and position of a particle. The more precisely we know one thing the less we know the other.

Why that is, is hard to say. You say its all explained by the nature of measuring but you are confusing the uncertainty principal with the observer effect. Heisenberg was not arguing these inaccuracies were caused by our measurements he was saying this is just the way things are.
>>
>>537892
Also \thread
>>
Heisenbergs Uncertanty Principle >>537805
>We cannot know precisely both the momentum and position of a particle. The more precisely we know one thing the less we know the other.
This is a FUNDAMENTAL property of nature. It cannot be overcome with better instruments or techniques

Observer Effect
>changing the state of a phenomenon by the act of observing it
This often CAN be overcome by better instruments or techniques. It is NOT a fundamental property of nature but simply a practical nuisance.

Particle/Wave Duality
>The fact that fundamental particles (like electrons) exhibit both particle-like and wave-like properties
Also a FUNDAMENTAL property of nature. The double slit experiment is a demonstration of wave-like behavior of electrons. Trying to explain this by using the particle model gives paradoxical and counter intuitive results (i.e. a particle is said to pass through both slits at the same time!)

OP’s pic refers to the “wave function collapsing”. Which non-beta’s misinterpret as having some deep philosophical meaning.
>So OP’s pic and statement are both total bull crap.
Apparently a FUNDAMENTAL property of 4chan
>>
>>540520
>Trying to explain this by using the particle model gives paradoxical and counter intuitive results

But if this is due to the observer effect as in
>our tools are influencing the results

How do we know that the particle/wave duality is actually a thing?
>>
>>538310
He was actually talking about the common misunderstanding of what the term "observer" means in discussions about quantum physics. Most of this post isn't on topic.
>>
File: Hugh-Everett.jpg (19KB, 270x370px) Image search: [Google]
Hugh-Everett.jpg
19KB, 270x370px
>theory supports the experiment
>the experiment proves the theory
Top kek
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.