[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, Christians I've devised a simple test to see if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 11

File: 1.jpg (3KB, 179x147px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
3KB, 179x147px
Hello, Christians

I've devised a simple test to see if you are Catholic or Protestant (and its denominations). Please answer the following questions

1. Having only faith in Jesus is enough for your eternal Salvation

2. There are some Christians who are more Christian than others

3. Going to church should be mandatory of all Christians

4. Human Salvation is predetermined

5. A Christian must also do some sort of action if he/she is to get into Heaven

6. Divine Scriptures are open to human interpretation and should be interpreted like a normal human document

7. Theocracies are okay, as long as they follow the will of Jesus

8. Baptism is an essential part of being Christian

9. Some Biblical miracles are exaggerated

10. As science progresses, so to must the interpretations of the Bible

11. It was far from the mind of Christ to establish a Christian authority on Earth

12. The Catholic Church became powerful not through Divine Intervention, but merely through political conditions

13. Christian society is subject to perpetual evolution.

14. Christians of the First Ages (Paul, Peter etc.) have the same ideas for Christians as Christians do today

15. Christ did not teach to everyman, instead he taught to his Twelve, who were then to teach everyone else.

Please answer yes or no. I will determine the branch of Christianity in which you belong
>>
shut the fuck up faggot
>>
>>537748

1 No
2 Yes
3 Yes
4 No
5 Yes
6 I think they're open to interpretation, and should be interpreted rather than being read literally, but the techniques done so should be developed by theological disciplines, not the way you'd analyze something by Joyce or the like.
7 No
8 Yes
9 Yes
10 Yes
11 No
12 Yes
13 No
14 No
15 I'm not sure what you mean, he didn't literally teach to every person on earth, but he taught to more than just the twelve, who often garbled what he was saying anyway.
>>
>>537763
Catholic
>>
>>537748

I have simplified it:

1- Are Catholic or Protestant?

1B- If you answered Protestant to the former question: Which denomination?

Thank me later.
>>
>>537769

Nope, swing and a miss. Your test needs some refinement.
>>
>>537776
Although you may identify as Protestant, your beliefs lean more terms Catholicism. However, you do acknowledge in #12 that the Church became powerful through political intrigue.

The rest you answer like an essential Catholic.
>>
>>537785

>Although you may identify as Protestant,

Nope. Try again.
>>
>>537790
I've already given you your results. You answered like a Catholic. I take it that this is shocking to you? Maybe rethink your answers so I can get a better assessment

As it stands, you are a true Catholic
>>
1 Uncertain, leaning no
2 Yes
3 No
4 No
5 No
6 No
7 No
8 No
9 Yes
10 No
11 Yes
12 Yes
13 No
14 No
15 Both
>>
>>537806

Except of course, that Catholics don't believe that Jesus was attempting to set up a temporal, earthly government, they don't think that their rise to power was a result of mundane political maneuvering, especially establishment in Rome, they think that they are upholding the notions of Paul and the first church fathers, and they certainly don't believe that a theocracy is in and of itself a bad thing.

Your test is profoundly inaccurate if you think that based on the results of it, my answers reflect a catholic stance on theology and society.
>>
>>537826
Protestant. However, there was a bit of Catholicism sprinkled in the answers, such as 2, 10, 13, 1

However, you are very much Protestant in your beliefs.
>>
>>537837
>Catholics don't believe that Jesus was attempting to set up a temporal, earthly government
The belief that Jesus gave Peter the right to build a worldwide Church is in fact an essential Catholic doctrine.

As for the rest, like I said, you answered like a Protestant for some, however, you lean very far to the Catholic side in your other beliefs.

That is, you and a bishop would agree that going to church and preforming sacraments and works and being baptized is essential for a Christian. You answered that faith alone is not enough, which goes against Protestant thinking.
>>
>>537876

>The belief that Jesus gave Peter the right to build a worldwide Church is in fact an essential Catholic doctrine.

A church isn't a state.

>That is, you and a bishop would agree that going to church and preforming sacraments and works and being baptized is essential for a Christian. You answered that faith alone is not enough, which goes against Protestant thinking.

You do realize that there's more to Christianity than just Catholics, Protestants, and the Eastern Orthodox, right? (And the last isn't even an option in your test).

If you're solely judging answers based on whether or not they're closer to Catholicism or Lutheranism and then deciding someone is Catholic or Protestant based on that, your test is awful.
>>
No
Yes
Yes
No
Yes, Faith, Hope and Charity
It should only be interpreted by expert theologians and historians
No opinion
Yes
In the lesser books of the Old Testament, yes
No
No opinion
Yes
No
No
If you dropped everything and became one of his Apostles, he would directly teach you, if not, then no

Sorry some of the answers aren't in yes or no format
>>
>>537894
Catholic
>>
No

Yes

Yes

No

Yes

6. Divine Scriptures are open to human interpretation and should be interpreted like a normal human document
No

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

11. It was far from the mind of Christ to establish a Christian authority on Earth
No

12. The Catholic Church became powerful not through Divine Intervention, but merely through political conditions
Yes

Yes

14. Christians of the First Ages (Paul, Peter etc.) have the same ideas for Christians as Christians do today
Not sure what you mean by this

15. Christ did not teach to everyman, instead he taught to his Twelve, who were then to teach everyone else
Yes
>>
File: 411ixacmfno.jpg (846KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
411ixacmfno.jpg
846KB, 1920x1200px
>>537748
Yes
no
no
N/A, illogical question, not enough information for the mind of man
no
The underlying question... Is it the word of God? Interpretation -implies your always wrong, perhaps there is a right way but it depends upon the one reading it.
Yes/No,morally yes, politically its reprehensible
no
no
yes
The Bible is Christian Authority on earth.
Yes, See Brothers Karamazov Grand Inquisitor
How does one measure the immeasurable, evolution implies a knowable chain, one can not apply such thinking in this instance
no, they were philosophers and educated well reasoned men, Man today is more broken than he can even know. Even the Christians are broken.
Christ is the basis for everyman, far greater than simple spoon feeding.
God gave us reason, Christ gave us a basis to use it.
Christ in effect did teach everyman but not as men do.

Determine that!
>>
>>537918
11/15 are Catholic

Number 14, basically, means that Paul and the Apostles's teachings shouldn't be changed or interpreted to more closely connect to modern Christians
>>
>>537748
I was raised Catholic so I'm curious how much actually stuck or how many hours I wasted not paying attention.

1. Yes
2. Yes??
3. No?
4. No?
5. No
6. Yes
7. Sure?
8. Yes
9. Yes
10. Yes
11. No
12. No
13. Yes
14. Yes?
15. Yes

This just made me realize I know very little about catholicism. Pretty sure I still get a free heaven pass tho
>>
>>537931
>Yes, See Brothers Karamazov Grand Inquisitor
A note on this one, the RCC became well established in the truth of Christ but then built off of that in the corrupted form of Man in order to gain its power.
>>
>>537931
Protestant in the core beliefs. Some underlining agreements with Catholicism
>>
>>537913
Spot on, I went to mass this morning.
>>
>>537934
Close. I'm Anglo Catholic, hence my answer to no.12.

My answer to 14 would be yes, then.
>>
>>537940
Protestant in the core beliefs. However, heavily Catholic in others. I'd say you would find it more agreeable to go to a Protestant church than a Catholic church.
>>
>>537748
No
Yes
No
Yes
No
Yes
No
Yes
Yes
Yes
No
Yes
Yes
No
Yes
>>
>>537951
>>537950
Awesome

Most of these questions come from a 1907 syllabus written by the church and confirmed by the Pope. The list is of 50+ condemnations which go against Catholicism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamentabili_sane_exitu

As a Protestant, you would say yes and agree to these.

A Catholic would say no to these.

>>537970
Leaning more towards Catholicism, very little Protestant
>>
>>537748
1. no
2. yes
3. no
4. no
5. no
6. yes
7. no
8. no
9. yes
10. yes
11. yes
12. yes
13. yes
14. no
15. dunno
>>
>>537748
No, you must also accept his forgiveness on the day of judgement and accept his invitation into heaven.
Yes
No
No
Yes, if you've heard Jesus and you're resurrected and judged, you must accept his forgiveness.
Yes
No
No
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
I'm not sure I understand this question. Yes, I suppose.
No
No
>>
>>537748
1. No
2. No
3. Yes
4. No
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. Yes
8. Yes
9. No
10. No
11. No
12. Yes
13. Yes
14. No
15. No
>>
>>537748

>No
>No
>No
>No
>Yes
>Yes
>No
>No
>Yes
>Yes
>No
>Yes
>Yes
>No
>No
>>
File: 1427898900006.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1427898900006.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>537748
1. No
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. No. That said there are worse ways, but not many
8. No
9. Yes. Feeding of the 5000 for example is the miracle of sharing
10. No. The interpretations should already be made to include the least amount of supernatural occurrences
11. No
12. Yes
13. Yes. Evidentially
14. No
15 No
>>
>>537748
Essentially, question 1 is all that is necessary to determine a Protestant from a Catholic. The rest of these questions are splitting hairs amongst denominational differences.

#8 would be answered with an enthusiastic "YES!" by Catholics, Lutherans, Anglicans, Presbyterians, and Baptists alike, but all for varying reasons. The Lutheran response to #8 would not contradict their belief in sola fide, nor would the Reformed/Presbyterian answer. Likewise, #7 could be answered in various ways. Lutheranism came to possess Germany and Scandinavia in a manner that could be called "theocratic", as could the Reformed doctrine of the Church of England in the late 1500s to the 1600s. However, neither of these two groups can be placed in the same category as the Bishop of Rome. The doctrine of the Pope, with one man sitting atop the church as a spiritual king, goes against all that Scripture proclaims about Christ being the head of the church.

Other questions, such as 6, 9, 10, and 13 seem to bend in a liberal Protestant direction, which is another matter altogether. A Roman Catholic may go to Heaven if they possess faith, however a "liberal" Protestant denies the very thing they are supposed to believe in, and so they cannot be saved.
>>
>>537748
1. no, being a good person also helps
2. yes
3. no
4. no
5. yes
6. yes
7. sure
8. no
9. yes
10. yep
11. yes
12. yes
13. yes
14. no
15. both
>>
1.Yes
2.Yes
3. No
4.Yes
5.Yes
6.Yes
7.Yes
8.Yes
9.Yes
10.Yes
11.Yes
12.Yes
13.Yes
14.No
15.Yes
>>
>>537748
Surely q1 alone is enough to decide
>>
Why do you assume all Christians are either Catholic or Protestant?
>>
>>538885
Eastern Orthodox are Protestant
>>
>>538905
Yuck.

We h8 Calvinism and don't agree with Solae Fidae.

Also, Early Christianity is completely in contradiction with Protestantism.
>>
>>539027
Protestants are those who "protest" against the doctrine of the Roman Church, so yes, you are protestants
>>
>>539033
And also hold onto solae scripturae and solae fidea and so on.

All Orthodox oppose the five solaes and Calvinism.
>>
>>537748
1 no
2 no
3 no
4 no
5 no
6 yes
7 yes
8 yes
9 yes
10 yes
11 yes
12 no
13 yes
14 yes
15 no
>>
>>537748

1 yes
2 yes
3 yes
4 yes
5 no
6 yes
7 no
8 yes
9 yes
10 yes
11 yes
12 yes
13 no
14 yes
15 yes
>>
>>537748
1.Yes
2. No
3.No
4.Yes
5.No
6.No
7.No
8.Yes
9.No
10.No
11.No
12.Yes
13.Yes
14.Yes
15.Yes

Take your best shot
>>
>>537748
I'm a Sunni muslim

1 no
2 yes
3 yes
4 yes
5 yes
6 no
7 no
8 no idea
9 yes
10 yes
11 yes
12 no
13 no
14 no
15 no
>>
>>539065
I misread 12, my answer should be yes
>>
>>537748
1)No
2)No
3)Yes
4)No
5)Yes
6)No
7)Yes
8)Yes
9)No
10)No(I'm not a literalist though and see allegory and typology as important in interpretation)
11)No
12)No
13)What does this mean?
14)Yes, but definitely not with the Protestants
15)Yes and no I guess since he did preach to other normies but also put aside the twelve with some special purpose
>>
>>537748
>No
>Yes
>Yes
>No
>Yes
>No
>Yes
>Yes
>Yes
>No
>No
>Yes (for good or for worse, as all societies are)
>No
>Yes

Gimme dat arbitrary name, senpai!
>>
has OP left? :(
>>
>>537748
1. No.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. No.
5. Yes.
6. Scripture is not literal but open to interpretation by learned men.
7. I don't know. Maybe.
8. Yes.
9. Yes.
10. No.
11. No.
12. No.
13. No.
14. No.
15. Yes.
>>
>>538126
underrated post.

Also OP has abandoned thread.
>>
File: wtf m8.jpg (80KB, 436x358px) Image search: [Google]
wtf m8.jpg
80KB, 436x358px
>>538126
>lutheranism came to possess Germany and Scandinavia in a manner that could be called "theocratic"
>The doctrine of the Pope, with one man sitting atop the church as a spiritual king, goes against all that Scripture proclaims about Christ being the head of the church.
>>
>>539584
Someone doesn't know how to reading comprehension.
>>
>>538905
No

>Protestantism is a form of Christian faith and practice which originated with the Protestant Reformation

The Catholic Church split from us, we weren't protesting them.
>>
>>537748
1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No
5. Yes
6. Nope, no no no
7. Really depends, but I'd say yes, just because it can be done well
8. Yes
9. No, implies reason where reason has little grasp
10. No
11. Yeah, I'd say so
12. No
13. Yes
14. No
15. Yes

(Please be Catholic)

I place a lot of emphasis on the ritual side of things, that is paramount in my opinion
>>
>>537748
1. No
2. Yes
3. No
4. No
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. Yes
8. No
9. Yes
10. Yes
11. No
12. Yes
13. Yes
14. No
15. Yes
>>
>>537748
1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No
5. Yes
6. No
7. Yes
8. No
9. No
10. No
11. No
12. No
13. No
14. No
15. Yes
>>
>>537748
1. No
2. Maybe
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. Probably
8. Yes
9. Probably
10. No. People have been interpreting books like Genesis and Jonah metaphorically ever since the 4th century. Science isn't changing the way people interpret the Bible.
11. True
12. True
13. I guess so
14. That's a hard question to answer. There's tons of different sects of Christianity today. I'm Paul's and Peter's intentions don't align up with all of them.
15. False.
>>
>>537785
>However, you do acknowledge in #12 that the Church became powerful through political intrigue.
>The rest you answer like an essential Catholic.

I'm Catholic and I agree with his opinion on the Church, does that make me protestant some how?
>>
>>537748
your test has many poorly worded questions, doesn't address enough issues of theology to accurately judge denomination and merely addresses whether one is protestant, liberal protestant or apostolic.

let's play:

1.yes
2.question too vague
3. no
4. yes, but the question is too vague and doesn't distinguish between double and single predestination.
5. question forces the answer without allowing for a correct explanation of theology.
6. no. question forces sola scripturists to also ascribe to historical-critical hermeneutics.
7. yes.
8. yes.
9. no. question seems to force the reader to have a unified outlook on biblical exegesis, though.
10. question is shit. implies that scripture is contingent on science and that exegetical methods cannot confirm the same doctrine whillst still advancing due to technical improvements.
11. no.
12. no.
13. what does this even mean?
14. no, but that's ok.
15. yes.

your questions divide between apostolics and liberal protestants alone.
>>
A simpler test would be if you believed cannibalism was an essential part of church proceedings.
>>
>>540604
this too fails.

Doing that would distinguish apostolics, some anglicans and lutherans from the rest of the protestant rabble.

Srsly, if you're going to devise a test to determine denomination, you have to have a thorough understanding of 4-5 different schools of christian theology to even begin drafting questions.
>>
>>537748

1. No, faith without good works is hypocritical.
2. No. There are Christians who are more Christ-like than others, but if you believe Jesus is God's son, you are a Christian regardless of how big a shithead you are.
3. Yes. It's in the Decalogue. Interpret "keep holy" however you want and disagree on when the Sabbath is, but it should be marked in some fashion.
4. Not entirely. I believe in determinism, but I don't think that there is a limited number of elect and that everyone else is damned. To the extent that we have control of our desires, we have the choice to work towards salvation or not.
5. Yes.
6. Yes.
7. For modern states, no. But in case of places like Vatican City where everyone is Catholic and chooses to live there, sure.
8. Yes, but it can occur in multiple ways.
9. Most are.
10. If we want to be honest with ourselves, yes.
11. No, Jesus understood the nascent Church needed structure and leaders to help guide it through persecution and theological disagreements.
12. Yes to political conditions and shrewd diplomacy. No to divine intervention.
13. If we look at how the early church differs from modern churches, yes. But I think it's cool if you want to "reconstruct" the early church as accurately as possible.
14. No, later Christian thinkers were invariably influenced by their experiences and cultural context.
15. He preached to everyone, but the Apostles were specifically chosen to continue his work of preaching. Any disciple could preach assuming they do not intentionally mislead others, but the Twelve were a special case.
>>
>>538905
>>539033

Protestantism and Orthodoxy are not the same. The divisions between the Latin and Greek rite are long-lasting, but became official after the Great Schism. That predates the Reformation by 400 or so years. Protestants don't follow either the Greek or Latin rites.
>>
1. No
2. Yes
3. No
4. Maybe -- assuming you know how human salvation is determined is impious as only god should know that information and to assume you know something like this would be to equate yourself with god
5. Yes. I know this goes against what I previously answered, but I feel like even those who are predetermined to go to heaven (assuming that's how it works) then their lives must also be predetermined in a such a way that they are the ideal christian
6. Yes
7. Yes
8. No
9. Yes
10. Yes, one cannot deny that most of the Bible was written for the same reason why the Greeks explained phenomena in relation to Gods. Now, just because science progresses doesn't mean that morals change.
11. Yes, isn't that the core idea of "render unto Caesar"? (Though I guess like everything in the Bible that's open to interpretation as well.)
12. No. The power really begins with Constantine getting a divine revelation.
13. Yes, but this was a difficult question for me to answer. I think change should only be for the better, and so far, Christian society has only degraded.
14. No. Christians of the First Age had actual beliefs and responsibilities. Christians today are too decadent and uncaring, and I doubt most Christians believe in what they read.
15. No. He attempted to teach whoever listened, and not many people listened.
>>
>1. Having only faith in Jesus is enough for your eternal Salvation
Yes

>2. There are some Christians who are more Christian than others
Yes if we're counting Mormons

>3. Going to church should be mandatory of all Christians
Nope. It's like AA: useful but you can sober up on your own

>4. Human Salvation is predetermined
No

>5. A Christian must also do some sort of action if he/she is to get into Heaven
No

>6. Divine Scriptures are open to human interpretation and should be interpreted like a normal human document
Yes

>7. Theocracies are okay, as long as they follow the will of Jesus
No

>8. Baptism is an essential part of being Christian
Yes

>9. Some Biblical miracles are exaggerated
Probably

>10. As science progresses, so to must the interpretations of the Bible
Yes

>11. It was far from the mind of Christ to establish a Christian authority on Earth
No

>12. The Catholic Church became powerful not through Divine Intervention, but merely through political conditions
Yes. That's objective.

>13. Christian society is subject to perpetual evolution.
True for all religions.

>14. Christians of the First Ages (Paul, Peter etc.) have the same ideas for Christians as Christians do today
No.

>15. Christ did not teach to everyman, instead he taught to his Twelve, who were then to teach everyone else.
Uh I'm pretty sure there are scriptures where he taught the masses.
>>
1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No
5. Yes
6. Yes, sort of this question is tricky, but more or less I think looking back at certain passages and checking the translation or looking further for the intended meaning is important
7. No
8. Yes
9. Yes
10. Yes, we must look at recent scientific discoveries and see how it coincides with the Bible or even how said discovery may be contradictory.
11. No
12. Tricky, I'd honestly say a bit of both
13.Yes
14. No
15. No
>>
>>537748

No

Yes

No

No

>5. A Christian must also do some sort of action if he/she is to get into Heaven
Yes

>6. Divine Scriptures are open to human interpretation and should be interpreted like a normal human document
Yes

No

No

Yes/No? Who am I to know

Yes

>11. It was far from the mind of Christ to establish a Christian authority on Earth
Yes

>12. The Catholic Church became powerful not through Divine Intervention, but merely through political conditions
What do you call divine intervention? God guided it but men made it happen.

Depends. The core principles won't change and shouldn't change. Interpretations of the Bible on touchy subjects like homosexuality should change over time, since either the Bible is right and our view of the world changes to fit it better, or the Bible is wrong and we're trying hard to not change anything.

>14. Christians of the First Ages (Paul, Peter etc.) have the same ideas for Christians as Christians do today
Depends again. Christianity back then didn't have political power, so it's a completely different situation. Then there's the rituals too. I'd say yes on a philosophical and theological level, but otherwise not really (after all religion can't remain static).

>15. Christ did not teach to everyman, instead he taught to his Twelve, who were then to teach everyone else.
But he did both...
>>
File: tumblr_nbyxh8s83I1t1ifcxo1_400.jpg (105KB, 311x311px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbyxh8s83I1t1ifcxo1_400.jpg
105KB, 311x311px
>>537748

Let me premise by saying that I was not meant for this test.

1. yes (don't think you know 'what' Jesus is though.
2. No (maybe count this as a yes; because most so called Christians aren't Christians at all *ie. 99.99%)).
3. lol, the answer is yes on the basis that a Church is not a building.
4. this question is vague, and therefore void. determinism isn't real, ergo the question is unsound, although determinism is made real through error; which is the spirit of man.
5. weird technically motivated question, but the short is answer is no, the scriptures are clear, although faith without works is the sign of a false faith.
6. if by human interpretation you mean understanding and discerning, yes. That doesn't mean everyone has a valid opinion.
7. murky ground, under theocratic principles on my understanding, I would require the state to operate in a secular fashion.
8. Baptism is, a ritual is not;- batpism by fire must obviously mean the fire on the sword (which is the metaphor of the tongue of the ascended).
9. They might be, but I haven't read about any miracle that I didn't find irreconcilable, even the Resurrection of the nation of Israel by its last surviving member, as the hand of the Lord no doubt can move the quantum flux to suit his decisions.
10. Science lol. Science is a very easily refutable piece of exaggerated puffing, pic related.
11. it was on his mind to establish real Christianity on the Earth, authority is claim open to counter-claim; and the Christ has been in control since forever, but it takes time to limit the limit that is the fall, preserving all of the wealth for God's Kingdom.
12. Not divine, yes.
13. lolwut, the world is temporary, if labeling a part of the world Christian so that it can excuse its temporariness is just... cunning.
14. Probably not, claims about tradition only allow people to be woven into a narrative of unquestionable authority, by an external local of power, not unlike people's feeble reliance on science.
>>
>>546166
continued...

edit: 13... remove *if*.

15. Christ is clear, he spoke to the multitudes, and didn't think much of his efforts, it was all in service to finding and tending to the 'little flock'.
>>
>>546166
>Anonymous
>01
more edits><;

13 add comma after: temporariness*,*
14 typo: local= locus
>>
>>537748
True

False

No

Don't know.

No

To some extent, yes.

They're only okay if you're not persecuting people for not following our religion, which kind of defeats the purpose of a theocracy.

True

Probably

Not necessarily

True

True

Yes and no

15. Christ did not teach to everyman, instead he taught to his Twelve, who were then to teach everyone else
Obviously false
>>
>>537748
Nah
Ye
Nah
Nah
Ye
Ye
Nah
Nah
Nah
Ye
Nah
I don't know
Nah
Ye
>15. Christ did not teach to everyman, instead he taught to his Twelve, who were then to teach everyone else
Ye
>>
Hello, Christians

I've devised a simple test to see if you are Catholic or Protestant (and its denominations). Please answer the following questions

No.

Yes.

3. Going to church should be mandatory of all Christians.

Yes. The Body is essential.

4. Human Salvation is predetermined.

No.

5. A Christian must also do some sort of action if he/she is to get into Heaven.

Yes.

6. Divine Scriptures are open to human interpretation and should be interpreted like a normal human document.

Yes and no. You must interpret the document through a certain lens.

7. Theocracies are okay, as long as they follow the will of Jesus.

Of course there are other standards, but nothing is wrong with theocracy.

Yes.

No. Reword the question and I might budge.

10. As science progresses, so to must the interpretations of the Bible.

No, absolutely not. If so, your interpretation was wrong from the onset.

11. It was far from the mind of Christ to establish a Christian authority on Earth.

Doubtful.

12. The Catholic Church became powerful not through Divine Intervention, but merely through political conditions.

I think this is a sort of cheap question for the test. Let's see if you can get it without this answer.

Yes.

14. Christians of the First Ages (Paul, Peter etc.) have the same ideas for Christians as Christians do today.

Or at least their should.

15. Christ did not teach to everyman, instead he taught to his Twelve, who were then to teach everyone else.

Are the two mutually exclusive?
>>
>>537748
Bumping one of the only non-bait threads in this whole board with participation. Good thread, OP.

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. No, but heavily encouraged.
4. Predetermined, yes, but that doesn't save you from having to choose and be held accountable for your choice.
5. No.
6. No.
7. Theocracies are unavoidable, and better if they try to follow the will of Jesus.
8. Yes.
9. No.
10. No.
11. He did. The Holy Spirit came after Him to be the Christian authority on Earth.
12. It was through divine intervention.
13. No.
14. No. The Catholic Church is plagued by those who seek to distort the boundaries between the saved and the lost. They import other religious ideas and pagan practices. Protestantism is plagued by those who want to import Judaical Satanism into the faith. The Apostles argued against both Judaical and Pagan practices in Christianity.
15. What is, "Sermon on the Mount" for 500, Alex? Definite No.
>>
1. No.
2. Not more Christian, but more...pious?
3. Yes.
4. No, salvation is determined on your actions here on Earth.
5. If that means being a good person, then yes.
6. No, they mean what they mean.
7. Yes.....but eventually they get too much power and become political.
8. No, I wasn't and I follow as best as I can.
9. I'm not sure, perhaps they're metaphors? Who am I to say.
10. No.
11. From Christ, yes, however the old prophets stress a 'religion of blood' (quasi-tribalism)
12. Yes, they ended up being political and corrupt.
13. Sadly it is subject to evolution, however I wish for it to never change from a pure state.
14. They do not, I sometimes wonder if man has lost the true meaning.
15. That's true, it's what happened - not debatable.

Thank you for your time.
>>
>>537748
1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No.
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. Yes
8. Yes
9. Yes
10. Yes
11. Yes
12. Yes
13. No
14. Yes
15. No
>>
>>547013
Not OP here, but you have the beliefs of a Protestant while apparently objecting to Protestantism.
>>
1. No
2. No
3. No
4. No
5.Yes
6. Yes
7. No
8. Yes
9. Yes
10. No
11. Yes
12. Yes
13. Yes
14. No
15. Yes
>>
>>537748
1. No
2. Yes
3. No
4. No
5. Heaven is a mental state, but yes
6. Yes, but not everyone can interpret it how they feel
7. Yes
8. Ehh
9. Allegories
10. No (?)
11. Yes
12. Yes
13. No
14. Some share ideas with them
15. No
>>
>>537748
1.Irrelevant.
2.Yes
3.Yes
4.Irrelevant
5.Yes
6.No,Yes
7.Yes
8.Yes
9.No
10.Irrelevant
11.No
12.No
13.irrelevant
14. Yes
15.Irrelevant
>>
>All these people saying 'no' to the first question
There are no works that you can perform that will get you into heaven. Because of your sin, it is like trying to clean a dirty window with a dirty rag. The only way to go to heaven is to believe on Jesus Christ. Put your faith in what he did for you.
>>
1. No.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

4. Not at all.

5. Yes

6. Yes

7. Depends. I would prefer more Christian laws, but the theocracies of the past didn't work.

8. Yes

9. Doubt it.

10. It's not a MUST, but theology might be able to change

11. No

12. Both factors play a part

13. IDK

14. I wish most Christians shared their views

15. Meh
>>
1. yes
2. yes
3. no
4. no
5. yes
6. yes
7. yes
8. no
9. yes
10. yes
11. yes
12. yes
13. yes
14. no
15. yes
>>
>>537748

No

No

Yes
Yes

Yes

No

No
Yes
No

No
No

No

Yes

Yes

Yes
>>
>>537748
1. No.
2. Not necessarily 'more' Christian but 'better' Christians.
3. Yes.
4. Absolutely not.
5. If the actions are those such as doing your best to live without sin, yes.
6. They should be open to theological and scholarly analysis.
7. No.
8. Yes.
9. Irrelevant
10. Science and Faith are not in conflict
11. If 'Christian authority' is defined politically, no. If you mean one universal Church, yes.
12. Irrelevant and a strawman
13. Evolve how?
14. This question should be the other way around
15. Redundant. Of course he 'taught' everyone. The responsibility of the Disciples were then to spread the Word.
>>
>>549602
No, you can't live an unrepentant, evil life and do whatever you want then get into Heaven just because you believe in Jesus.
>>
>>537748
Yes, but one who declares faith without good works is a hypocrite

Yes

Yes, except under extraordinary circumstances

No

Participate in baptism

They are divinely inspired and should be interpreted by theologians

Yes

Yes, i would hope that baptism could be performed on one's death bed but I do not know

Some stories are metaphoricalif that's what you mean

Not necessarily

No

A little of both

No

Not sure what you mean. Yes?

He taught to all who would listen and gave authority to His twelve
>>
>>548831

Pentecostal

>>549198

Unitarian

>>549624

Catholic

>>549817

Not even a Christain, get loast fedora with your shitposting.

>>553075

Orthodox

>>553144

Some kind of Lutheran

>>554430

Catholic
>>
>>537748
Gonna be hard for you I guess. It is hard for me myself.

“Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!"

1. Having true faith, yes (one that incorporates good deeds, as the Jacob (in 2:13 said, othewise you cant say it is true faith)
2. Yes, I guess
3. Yes, I believe.
4. I still do not know. Sorry for this one. I rather lean to NO, though.
5. Yes, one has to proclaim his faith in Christ, and follow what He said.
6. First half YES, second NO.
7. I think not. But Christians should form tighter communities, as in Acts 2&4.
8. After one deems himself a Christian, he should take baptism, but not before. Not as a child. One should be baptized knowing what happens to him.
9. Exaggerated? No. But some are symbolical, like the world's creation.
10. No, I do not think God would create a world that would be conflicting with His Word. ib4 9
11. I really do not know. I guess it is far.
12. Alas, just so :(
13. It is, it should not.
14. It varies. IMO some corelate with Catholicm, some with Prtestantism, some with Ortodoxy.
15. Everyone.

pls respond
>>
>>554542
and above all, I am a Christian
>>
>>554542

Southern Baptist
>>
File: image.jpg (305KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
305KB, 640x1136px
>>554542
Hate to break this to you but....
>>
File: image.jpg (170KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170KB, 640x1136px
>>554542
None would correlate or even be the fundamental doctrines of Protestantism
>>
File: Apostolic Sees.png (119KB, 1152x674px) Image search: [Google]
Apostolic Sees.png
119KB, 1152x674px
>>537790
>I've already given you your results. You answered like a Catholic.
he's probably from some other historical Church
>>
>>544175
pls respond :(
>>
>>544175

Calvinist
>>
>>537748
Yes
Yes
No
No
No
Yes
No
No
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
No
No
>>
>>537893
Eastern Orthodoxy is basically Catholicism though.
>>
>>554873
It's more like Catholicism that decided not to have theology after the schism and be butthurt about Catholicism.
>>
>>554871

Anglican
>>
>>537748
Yes
Yes
Not mandatory as in enforced, but it is required to actually be a Christian.
No
Yes
No
No, Give unto Caesar's...
Yes
No
No
No
No
No
Yes
No
>>
>>537748
No longer a Christian, but when I was...

1. No
2. Yes
3. No
4. No
5. No
6. No
7. No
8. Yes
9. Yes
10. Yes
11. No
12. Yes
13. No
14. No
15. Yes
>>
>>537748
No
No
No
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
>>
>>559788
Pardon me, didn't see what I typed. My answer to #5 is No.
>>
>>537748
Yes, though faith without works is dead (though one who confesses on deathbed and accepts Jesus wholeheartedly will be in heaven as that thief crucified near Jesus)

Depends what you mean by "being Christian", but I will lean towards yes

Not necessarily, but it is probably best

No

Faith without works is dead, so I will say Yes

No, but unfortunately it does not stop people from doing so

Yes

Yes, but baptism is not merely sprinkling of water

No, that statement has some terrible implications

No

No, though Christ's kingdom is not of this world.

I'm leaning towards no, but it was really both

Yes

No

No, but he told his disciples to make more believers after he went up to heaven. He still preached to the masses clearly
>>
>>538126
You're correct.

#1 and #5 (sacraments, traditions, saying your hail Mary) are the two most important questions

>>539533
Surprised this was still up. Gonna have to read through this
>>
HEY GUYS, OP here.

This is the answer key.

Protestants = yes
Romans 10:9 "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

A saint would be more Christian than others.
Yes = Catholic

According to Protestantism, we are each a church. Catholicism teaches us that Peter built a church to attend.

Can vary

Yes = Catholic

According to Protestants, the scriptures are to be studied as if written by men. Yes = Protestant.

Obvious. Yes = Catholic

Varies

Yes= Protestant.

Y = Protestant

Catholic = establish authority on Earth

Anti-Catholic church = Protestant

Y = Protestant

Y = Catholic

Catholic = Christ taught to his disciples (and Bishops and Popes) to teach the rest of us
Protestant = taught to everyone
>>
Fuck yes and no, some of these questions need more elaboration in order to be answered so plainly.

1. Yes but more devotion isn't bad. And it's your duty to do good.

2. Have you fucking seen the swedes? Their lady priest is tearing down crosses, and have you seen the bourgias? I mean fuck lad.

3. I disagree, church is to me a community thing and I fucking hate my community. I have my own little shrine.

4. Fuck no.

5. Pretty sure you asked this already in question 1.

6. Some of the gospel writers where insane, but nonetheless inspired. King James just rewrote whatever he felt and even the council of nicea changed shit here and there. Don't even get me started on the book of mormon. Interpret it for the love of god.

7. If theocracy means I can kill Muslims yes please.

8. Yes, Jesus was baptized, why wouldn't you?

9. He'll yes. Doesn't mean they didn't happen however.

10. In a way, maybe. But in all honesty it should be as Philosophy progresses. Wheelchaired cripple be damned, philosophy isn't dead, and the Bible is damn near philosophy due to all the theological issues surrounding it.

11. I can see him as a leader thinking an earthly authority would be a good idea, it would allow people to feel as though someone is for them even if they can't see him. As the son of god he probably didn't care a damn but as Jésus of Nazareth he would have thought something along those lines as at least helpful or useful.

12. t. Rome. Constantine is my emperor dog.

13. Yes, Christianity has already mixed with culture to an insane level. It will continue to evolve as culture takes hold of it. He'll you could say catholicism is roman Christianity with Slavic and germanic flavoring.

14. Literally? Maybe. Actually? No. The ideals of a Christian change depending on interpretation, however both ideals are the same if taken strictly literally.

15. No, everywhere he went people learned at least a little from him either by witnessing his miracles or his ideals as he went
>>
File: wejaba.png (101KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
wejaba.png
101KB, 221x228px
>>537748
1. Yes
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. No
6. Yes
7. Yes
8. No
9. Probably
10. Yes
11. Yes/No
12. Yes
13. No
14. No
15. No
>>
>>537748
1. no
2. yes
3. yes
4. no
5. yes
6. more on the side of no than yes
7. theocracies are improper in the modern world, but for medieval/ancient, yes
8. yes
9. yes
10. no
11. no
12. more yes than no
13. yes
14. no
15. yes
>>
File: 5.png (219KB, 1423x847px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
219KB, 1423x847px
>>
1 No
2 Yes
3 No
4 No
5 Yes
6 Yes
7 Yes
8 Yes
9 No
10 No
11 Yes
12 No
13 Yes
14 Yes
15 No
>>
1. yes

2. no

3. no

4. no

5. no

6. no

7. no

8. yes

9. no

10. no

11. yes

12. yes

13. ???.

14. ???

15. no.
>>
>>537748
1. Yes.
2. Define "more Christian."
3. It isn't mandatory, but it is encouraged.
4. Maybe.
5. No.
6. No.
7. Best Theocracy is the one Christ will establish.
8. Yes, but not for salvation.
9. No.
10. No.
11. He will do it, not humans.
13. Evolution in what, theology? Soteriology? Ethics? Hermeneutics? Methodology?
14. Depends on denomination.
15. He belongs to both.
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.