[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Sins of the Western civilization through history.
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 12
File: v.jpg (430 KB, 839x572) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
v.jpg
430 KB, 839x572
Sins of the Western civilization through history.

Are they grave enough to justify the current trend of Western nations sacrificing themselves and their citizens (children from Rotherham, women from Cologne) to Muslims and other such immigrants? Is it justified that news don't want to report speficic instances of these sacrifices? And that progressives ignore them?

Please discuss according to /his/ rules, this isn't /pol/.
>>
>>536024
They let them in because of the economic growth it brings. Free workers which you dont need to educate again.

Also, you made this a /pol/ thread the second you stated >Western nations sacrificing themselves and their citizens (children from Rotherham, women from Cologne) to Muslims and other such immigrants?
Why would it be a sacrifice in the first place?
>>
>>536055
>Why would it be a sacrifice in the first place?

What else could it be? Why else would authorities overlook it? They clearly wanted to atone for the sins of the West.
>>
>>536064
This is a /pol/ statement
>>
File: AP6401110173.jpg (128 KB, 980x676) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
AP6401110173.jpg
128 KB, 980x676
>"The truth is that Mozart, Pascal, Boolean Algebra, Shakespeare, parliamentary government, baroque churches, Newton, the emancipation of women, Kant, Marx, and Balanchine ballets don't redeem what this particular civilization has wrought upon the world. The white race is the cancer of human history." - Susan Sontag
>>
>>536024
No one of the westerns alive today was alive during slavery/crusades etc.
They are not guilty.
>>
>>536106
not an argument
>>
>>536140
Then why are Western people taught to feel guilty?
>>
>>536024
Those two cases are/were on the news.
>>
>>536155
Indeed, that was a /his/ statement.
>>
>>536164
Only after it was no longer possible to not cover them.
>>
>>536159
because of society's collective overreaction to the holocaust
>>
File: absolutely saxon.jpg (79 KB, 530x471) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
absolutely saxon.jpg
79 KB, 530x471
>>536115
>Sontag was born Susan Rosenblatt in New York City, the daughter of Mildred (née Jacobson) and Jack Rosenblatt, both Jews of Lithuanian[4] and Polish descent.
>>
>>536168
Gonna need proof of that.
>>
>>536159
Taught how? Just curious.
>>
>>536173
Now this is a /pol/ statements.
>>
>>536159
They're not. You've just been on /pol/ for too long.
>>
>>536024
>Please discuss according to /his/ rules, this isn't /pol/.
>Are they grave enough to justify the current trend of Western nations sacrificing themselves and their citizens
>current trend
>>
>>536176
People calling for "white wounding" for example.
https://archive.is/E5YXu
>>
>>536168
You're seriously overlooking difficulties of journalists' work.
>>
>>536184
the rotherham incident involved inaction by police and politicians as well. no one wanted to touch it.
>>
>>536204
And social services. In some cases they appearently even stopped father of one of the raped girls from saving her.

If that's not a conscious sacrifice to atone for the sins of the West, then I don't know what it is.
>>
>>536055
Businesses lobby for migrant worker programs more than immigration, if someone wants to get their foreign business partner citizenship or a visa that can be done very easily.

Mass immigration and turning a blind eye to the issues it generates is a political thing, you have successful immigrants, then you have ghettoization and a cycle of poverty among less successful immigrants, people don't want to look at the problems because they view it as conceding defeat or an attack on their middle class cosmopolitan lifestyle and in reaction they unilaterally push for more immigration.
>>
>>536024
/pol/-tier thread. Well how is anyone sacrificing children etc.
Immigrants have it way worse than anyone already living wherever they are immigrating. Few unfortunate events doesn't mean muslim are here to rape your children.
>>
>>536479
Unfortunate living conditions don't mean they get to come here and rape children and women.

Or do they?

And since I need to spell it out for you, sacrifice is meant in metaphorical sense. Fearing they might be called racist, authorities did nothing to prevent what happened in Rotherdam. Hey, at least they weren't racist, right? You'd hate that, having racist authotities, right?
>>
>>536024
>Are they grave enough to justify the current trend of Western nations sacrificing themselves and their citizens (children from Rotherham, women from Cologne) to Muslims and other such immigrants?

Why do you view these specific incidents not as just simply crimes, but "crimes done by XYZ, therefore it is a problem" ?

There are clearly problems with immigration to the West, but for some reason I can't seem to shake the feeling that you have another agenda, than simply being suspicious of immigration.

Do you think the ethnicity and religion of white people would be paraded if there was a grooming and rape ring done by them? (Which there have been plenty of I might add)
>>
>>536506
Rapes by whites aren't done because they are white.

Rapes done by non-whites are done due to genetics and sharia law.
>>
File: 1779.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1779.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>536512
Yes of course.
>>
>>536512

OH WOW WHAT TOTALLY NON /POL/ AND FULLY IN AGREEMENT WITH THE 25 YEAR RULE BRO

GOOD JOB KEEP IT UP, I LOOK FORWARD TO READING MORE
>>
>>536055
They let them in because more consumers and more workforce is good for the 1%, not that good for any one else. It's literally corporations dictating our politics.
>>
>>536520
This is /his/ you retard. If you get offended by facts then fuck off.
>>
>>536506
>>Do you think the ethnicity and religion of white people would be paraded if there was a grooming and rape ring done by them?

Yes, I do. Or rather, I think there wouldn't be no parade about it, it would be simply stated clearly and outright.

But when it's "men of North African and Arab origin", something is fishy.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/06/tensions-rise-in-germany-over-handling-of-mass-sexual-assaults-in-cologne
>>
>>536529
Retarded biological essentialism and references to theological religious law are not "facts" you delusional stormlard.
>>
>>536024
In my view it all boils down to demographics that could be solved with increased native birth. If you rely on natives instead of immigrants you avoid the problem of integration/assimilation as well as whatever clashes there are. You also avoid the debate around "racism" like you have in America with African-Americans; the debate itself is a problem and distraction. Alternatively you could pray for robotics to fill the productivity gap.

>bigger economic base
>sustainable pyramid

What other arguments is there for large-scale immigration?
>>
>>536529

OH WOW BRO IM SO TOTALLY OFFENDED BY THE WORD "NIGGER"! PLEASE STOP TRIGGERING ME *ADJUSTS PINK TUTU*

yeah fuck off cunt
>>
>>536532
>it would be simply stated clearly and outright.

Yes, and then the people will be prosecuted and then the case is forgotten, but when people are brown people get their asses in an uproar.
>>
>>536535
I'm not even from /pol/. And by the way, ad hominem isn't an argument.
>>
>>536207
you have absolutely no proof of that statement.

Conspiracy theories belong on /pol/ or /x/, boards that many of us have made the conscious decision to leave because we are sick of this bullshit, now please go.
>>
>>536024
White people have historically been the most successful (and generous) invaders in the history of an entire species of conquerers.
>>
>>536024
Western civilization has been the most benign and peaceful in history.

If anyone should be genocided for the sins of their ancestors, it should be the turkic race.
>>
>>536541
Insults are not ad hominem you faggot.

>I'm not even from /pol/

It doesn't matter. Your racism is literally indistinguishable from the average /pol/tard so you can fuck off right back there.
>>
>>536546

>Western civilization has been the most benign and peaceful in history.

Do people actually believe this?
>>
>>536549
I do, and I'm not even white.
>>
>>536550
t. Peter Woodcroft
>>
>>536542
Why maks statements that can be proved wrong by google?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/rotherham-sex-abuse-scandal-council-more-concerned-reputation-protecting-children-1486616

>Rotherham Council are "in denial" over the scale of problems in the wake of the child abuse scandal and were are more concerned about protecting themselves than vulnerable children, according to a report.

>Louise Casey, the government's lead on troubled families, concluded the council is "not fit for purpose" following an independent inquiry.

>Casey said as well as displaying a "deep-rooted" culture of cover-ups and silencing whistleblowers, the council displayed a culture of "bullying, sexism, suppression and misplaced 'political correctness' have cemented its failures".

I guess this Louise Casey is just a stomfag, right?
>>
>>536553
I don't know who that is.
>>
>>536024
how the fuck do u even believe the world to work
>>
>>536546
> there is such a thing as Western civilization

Broad generalizing concepts like that one have absolutely no value in an educated discussion.
>>
>>536554

did this happen in 1991 or should you go fuck yourself back to /pol/?
>>
>>536553
>>536555
And I don't know what the "t." is an abbreviation of. What is it?
>>
>>536562

t. newfag
>>
>>536554
Allright, first of all, if the authorities themselves made an investigation of this case, and found evidence of wrongdoing, then how can the very same authorities be behind a 'conscious attempt at atoning for the sins of the West by sacrificing women and children'?

One single case of people being woefully poor at their job is not proof of anything.
>>
>>536558
Of course there is such a thing as western civilization. Western european christian civilization post-charlemagne.

Do you also deny that there is such a thing as "chinese civilization", "arab civilization", "indic civilization" ?

>>536562
It's a finnish way of signing a post. It's often used ironically.
>>
>>536560
No, it happened recently. I guess sorry for breaching your safe space.

If you at least insulted me in a 4chan-like manner, I'd think you're a shitty troll, but no, you're an actual rape apologist.

>>536566
"Authorities" isn't a single organization. You might notice that by interacting with them in some way.
>>
>>536569

MUH TUMBLR

thread reported and hidden btw
>>
>>536576
>thread reported and hidden btw
This is honestly such a reddit thing to do
>>
>>536578
Hello Reddit
>>
>>536576
Allow me to ask. When you thought I'm wrong, why were you replying seriously, but when it turns out I'm right, you're suddenly only replying with shitposts?

I mean, the reality is what it is, it's true. You closing your eyes won't make it go away.
>>
>me reading this thread

it's 2016. white people need to pay racism. come on.
>>
>>536567
> Western European Christian Civilization post-Charlemagne

Oh right, so we are only talking about a select group of countries that are Christian and located in Western Europe.

So countries that have been at war countless times since Charlemagne, do not follow the same religion, do not speak the same language, and have only recently adopted superficially similar economic and political systems are apparently of the same civilization, from which I assume we can then exclude all of Europe which doesn't belong to arbitrary Western geographical defition, as well as the rest of the world?

You can argue that there are has been an Arab civilization when these countries were united under an Arab ruler, speaking Arabic and following Sunni islam, whereas China is probably the only one I'll actually buy.

>>536569

> "Authorities" isn't a single organization. You might notice that by interacting with them in some way.

I have a job, unlike you bunch of basement dwelling /pol/lacks, so I know very well what the authorities are like.

Which makes me even less inclined to believe in any sort of conspiracy on their part.

A conspiracy you still have yet to bring any sort of proof of. Need I once again remind you that this stuff belongs on /pol/ or /x/?
>>
>>536585
That's probability not the guy you were replying to.
>>
>>536593
Political corectness isn't a conspiracy. It's the reality we live in. And reports confirm political corectness was the reason why nothing was done to prevent the rapes from happening.

Where's the conspiracy?
>>
File: 1451444160187.jpg (54 KB, 500x329) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451444160187.jpg
54 KB, 500x329
>>
>>536597
right, I am aware that apparently misguided political correctness was behind the negligence on part of some people in this case.

But the last I checked, rape was still illegal, as was child abuse, and nobody, right or left, has ever proposed that we change the penalties for these abuses if the people conducting them were Muslim

I imagine it must be nice to think you can pidgeonhole each and every person you don't agree with politically as somehow believing that should be the case, but nope, ask left or right, rape and child abuse should still be illegal.

So again, who exactly is sacrifing their children?
>>
>>536115
>still falling for Jewish mee mays
>>
>>536593
>Oh right, so we are only talking about a select group of countries that are Christian and located in Western Europe.
Well obviously. Are you clinically retarded or something? What's your definition of "western civilization" if not the civilization originating in western european countries?

>So countries that have been at war countless times since Charlemagne
Wat? What has war got to do with anything?

>do not follow the same religion,
Wat? What western european country is not christian? I guess you're right if you're referring to Al-Andalus, and I indeed do not consider Al-Andalus to be part of western civilization. It was part of arab civilization.

>do not speak the same language,
What has that got to do with anything?

>and have only recently adopted superficially similar economic and political systems
What has that got to do with anything?

You seem to be a complete and utter moron. Just because France and England spoke different languages and had different kings doesn't invalidate the blatantly obvious fact (well, obvious to anyone with a brain, that is probably not you) that they belong to the same civilizational group.

>from which I assume we can then exclude all of Europe which doesn't belong to arbitrary Western geographical defition,
The distinction was never arbitrary. Europe was divided based on religious lines (catholic/protestant to the west, orthodox to the east) as well as political (balkans were under ottoman domination and were de facto excluded from western civilization)

I suggest you, like, read a book or something.


>as well as the rest of the world?
Yes you fucking idiot, as it turns out the Zulus are neither europeans nor christians! Hence they are not a western civilization! Do you understand know or is your brain struggling to grasp that basic concept?

cont.
>>
>>536179
Perhaps you haven't been there enough
>>
File: 1452267059001.jpg (82 KB, 707x529) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452267059001.jpg
82 KB, 707x529
>>536540
BECAUSE they come here on good will, get chances to adapt, assimilate and integrate, but instead spit in the natives faces.
/his/ truly is full of hyper-progressive, moderate ''Just-chill-dude-we're-all-the-same''-First year Philosophy and History students.

So very disgusting.
>>
>>536593
>>536615

>You can argue that there are has been an Arab civilization when these countries were united under an Arab ruler, speaking Arabic and following Sunni islam,
Yes, you can argue that. Did you make a typo? Did you mean "you can't argue"?

>whereas China is probably the only one I'll actually buy.
But China was often divided along cultural, political, linguistic and religious lines! Hence there is no such thing as chinese civilization, we are all one race the human race!

Kill yourself you piece of shit, you are literally intellectual excrement.
>>
>>536610
>>So again, who exactly is sacrifing their children?

Look, that was just a figure of speech to make the thread more interesting, so to say. Obviously I didn't mean my statements about that specifically to be taken seriously. The point is that misguided political corectness and lack of inhibition towards accepting immigrants leads to cases like this.
>>
>>536615
No, I am saying that there exists no such thing as a Western civilization. Never has. It's just a term that was invented for political purposes, which has zero merit once it has been properly examined.

Your own definition even requires that you somehow lump together protestantism and catholicism, that alone should show you how broken a defition it is.

What similarities is it you somehow think these countries innately share?

Because as I've pointed out, there are major differences in religion, language and politics.
>>
>>536621
>>536621
yes, you are right, speaking of a Chinese civilization when the country was that divided is equally retarded, my bad.
>>
>>536627
Revisionism and Relativism. Wow, so modern, so progressive.

You truly are the scourge and cancer upon this miserable golden cage that is the western world and that spawns miserable, self-hating scum like you.

Let me guess, you even live in a mostly white upper-middle-class neighborhood, go to a progressive, homogenous College and have NEVER EVER worked and moved a finger of your polished little pseudo 'Leftist' hand.

Go roll over.
>>
>>536622
right, if that's your point, I can agree that misguided political correctness is a problem.

But those few relatively isolated cases really shouldn't have any say in the broader immigration debate.
>>
>>536627
>No, I am saying that there exists no such thing as a Western civilization.
And I'm saying that you're a fucking idiot.

>Never has. It's just a term that was invented for political purposes,
I don't even know where to start...

I mean you're basically denying a whole chapter of unified european history, when the papacy ruled europe.

>Your own definition even requires that you somehow lump together protestantism and catholicism,
Protestantism and catholicism are very related since protestantism is an outgrowth of catholicism.

>that alone should show you how broken a defition it is.
Actually it just shows your intellectual deficiencies and historical illiteracy.

>What similarities is it you somehow think these countries innately share?
Oh I don't know
-cultural (music, literature, arts)
-philosophical
-religious
-military
-governmental
etc. etc.

>Because as I've pointed out, there are major differences in religion, language and politics.
There are minor differences, but they are all part of the same supergroup.

Let me guess, you're swedish?
>>
>>536635
so I guess you concede then, that Western civilization is only a political tool, created to give ignorant basement dwellers like you a feeling of self worth?

As for your assumptions about me, guess again.
>>
File: 1452100997099.jpg (116 KB, 960x659) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452100997099.jpg
116 KB, 960x659
Reminder that governments are amoral. The introduction of the refugees into a country was done because of economical growth. Of course what they didn't know is that only the 5% of the refugees are doctors/lawyers

The surrounding countries of Syria didn't accept A SINGLE refugee. They knew the problems they would create.
Whereas Germany didn't. Those people were following Sharia Law. The women on their own countries were clothed so that you couldn't even be able to see their ankles. Now that they've come to Europe. They view our women as sluts and treat them accordingly.
They pressed on into our declining birth rates AND THEY WISHED TO HELP US BY FUCKING OUR WOMEN SINCE WE ARE INCAPABLE
Nowadays people are scared to talk. They might be labeled a bigot and a racist. But,fuck that I'm not going to stand and watch my country be reduced into a sandnigger's playground
>>
>>536631
You seem to confuse the terms "civilization" and "country". Probably a symptom of your acute mental retardation.

Honestly you're angering me. Please stop posting and go back to your cuckshed or something.

>>536635
I literally cannot fathom how they can straight-out DENY such fucking obvious facts.

Those leftists would deny that the sky is blue if it went contrary to their ideological narrative.
>>
>>536644
>that Western civilization is only a political tool,
t. marxist

Alright I'll humor you faggot, explain how western civilization is leveraged as "a political tool".
>>
>>536636
>Isolated cases

Dude, don't get me started, this is exactly what the german media and politics are using to push the topics down since years.

There were things happening in other countries on new years eve aswell, just like in cologne. And also in other german cities. Bielefeld, Berlin, Weil am Rhein etc. etc. Wien, Helsinki.

Go on, say it again. After all, it's 2016, right? : ^)
>>
>>536650
Seriously, often i can't decide if it is dedicated trolling or major cases of disgusting indoctrination and brain-washing by leftist faculties and Antifa-like institutions.
>>
>>536636
Like this guy pointed out >>536657, said cases aren't so isolated now, after New Year of 2016.
>>
>>536618

actualy no, /his is full of poltards

regardless of weather europe is having problems with mass migration and its byproducts or not

if anything all you shitposting poltards are fucking up any quality of discussion on that
>>
>>536637
> Unified European history

So a bunch of countries that the pope had likely never even heard and certainly never visited, which all spoke different languages and were more often than not at war with each other, were apparently one unified civilization? I'm sorry, but you're the retard.

> Protestantism is an outgrowth

I take it then that that this Western civilization also includes all of the orthodox countries? As well as the Coptic ones? The Samaritans? All the Christians in China? What about the millions of Jews and Muslims that lived in these countries? Are they a part of Western civilization? Because if they can be, why aren't all Jewish and Muslim countries?

> music, literature, arts.

There is no common Western music, no common Western literature, no common Western artform.

Russia has more well-known classical composers than Britain, as well as classical literature that is among the finest in the world, read all over 'The West'. I assume Russia is Western, then?

> Philosophical

No common Western philosophy

> Religious

No common Western religion

> Military

no common Western military

> Governmental

Spain, Greece and Portugal were fascist until the 70's. Europe wasn't widely democratic until after the Second world war. Nearly each and every single country in Europe has very different constitutions, some even have monarchies for fuck's sake.
'
200 years ago, half of Europe declared war on France because they tried to create a republic. Some common Western heritage of democracy, indeed.
>>
>>536654
It served the Americans well in the Cold War, and has since served the EU quite well on top of that.

The notion of a common Western heritage and culture gives both the EU and NATO legitimacy.
>>
>>536668
These people believe in the absolute moral value of their ideology. Politics has replaced religion in their worldview; truth is irrelevant and only their arbitrary definition of what is good has value.
>>
>>536657
so among millions of people, a few do something you don't like, which then apparently has to be universalized to apply to all of them?
>>
>>536677
>So a bunch of countries that the pope had likely never even heard and certainly never visited, which all spoke different languages and were more often than not at war with each other, were apparently one unified civilization?
YES! They were western european civilization, you fucking idiot!

>that the pope had likely never even heard
Oh you must be trolling me. Nobody can be this historically illiterate.

>I take it then that that this Western civilization also includes all of the orthodox countries? As well as the Coptic ones? The Samaritans? All the Christians in China?
No, no, no and no. Because those weren't linked to catholicism (orthodoxy a bit, but the schism came early).

Christians in China, are you fucking serious? Are you literally this moronic?

>What about the millions of Jews and Muslims that lived in these countries?
Millions of muslims living in medieval christian europe? What bong pipe have you been smoking?

As for jews, it depends. They are a europeanized foreign culture.

>Because if they can be, why aren't all Jewish and Muslim countries?
I don't even know what to answer to such utter stupidity.

I think I'll just answer with "kill yourself".

>There is no common Western music, no common Western literature, no common Western artform.
You can't see it right now, but I am literally banging my forehead against my desk. No common artform? Are you fucking serious? Ever heard of oil painting? No common music? Are you motherfucking serious? Ever heard of classical music? No common literature? Are you fucking serious? The printing press made all european literature available to all european countries.

>Russia has more well-known classical composers than Britain
Perhaps if you're an illiterate stooge.

>as well as classical literature that is among the finest in the world,
Sure.

cont.
>>
>>536675
nah actually the people ruining the board are people like you who shout "/pol/" at anyone who has an opinion to the right of mao
>>
>>536689
Most of these 'refugees' here in Germany are young men in the fighting age between 18-35. If you go around refugee-homes here, you see nearly NO Women or children. Even our turks are pissed off at this scum majorly. Because even they are part of the WESTERN Civilization nowadays you deny. The Civilization that seeks to better man and defend his freedoms, and that of his kith and kin. Not the chaotic clusterfuck you have in the so adored 3rd World-Countries (Who only have their problems due to the evil white man, i know i know).
ALL over Europe these men rape, pillage and steal. They don't want to integrate, and with welfare they won't even have to.
And people are hopefully now waking up and the pendulum will wash you and your toxic ideology away, with all the barbarians.

Again, roll over and die.
>>
>>536546
>Western civilization has been the most benign and peaceful in history.
Probably China senpai
>>
>>536677
>>536698

>I assume Russia is Western, then?
Nope. Hey nigger, I never claimed that "best is west". Once again, you seem to have forgotten I'm not even white. I'm asian.

But your sheer retardness is forcing me to defend western civilization on a chinese cartoon forum. The irony.

>No common Western philosophy
Plato, Aristotle, Socrate, Augustine, Aquinas, Bacon, Hume, Locke, Kant, Hegel, Nietzsche, Descartes, Voltaire, Rousseau

All off the top of my head.

>no common Western military
I never said that the military was common you stupid nigger, but the military tactics were common. Military style, if you will.

>Spain, Greece and Portugal were fascist until the 70's.
So what?

You think that europe = democracy? Of course not.

Answer this truthfully : are you swedish?
>>
>>536684
Oh so you ARE a commie.

Fuck off to north korea if you like poverty and starvation so much.
>>
>>536706
True, insofar as China always had such a shitty military.
>>
>>536647
>what is lebanon
except for this, i agree
>>
>>536706
When China wasn't in deep civil war it was busy swatting verious steppe nomads on its periphery (or the other way around). Confucianism promoted a kind of isolationism but in practice it would be totally wrong to describe China, in its 4000-5000 year existence, as peaceful.
>>
File: Syrian refugees.png (24 KB, 338x565) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Syrian refugees.png
24 KB, 338x565
>>536647
>The surrounding countries of Syria didn't accept A SINGLE refugee
>This is what /pol/ actually believes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refugees_of_the_Syrian_Civil_War
>>
>>536724
he's referring to the gulf states+israel, smart guy
>>
>>536647

>The surrounding countries of Syria didn't accept A SINGLE refugee

There are LITERALLY MILLIONS in Turkey, Jordan, and Lebanon. How fucking dense are you?
>>
>>536698
> they were Western European Civilization

Because you say so? Because I really don't see how that is the case.

> they weren't linked to catholicism

Of course they were, they made plenty of contributions to early Christendom. And you can't just wave off the link with orthodoxy based on your own arbitrary standards, fuck off.

> Millions of Muslims in Medieval Europe

Spain, the Balkans, Southern Italy...

> The Jews are a Europeanized foreign culture

What the fuck does that even mean.

> Oil painting

The earliest incident of oil painting was found in Afghanistan. It has been used all over the world. Besides, how the fuck does the fact that a few painters around the continent use that method somehow legitimate the whole place as a common civilization? That is beyond retarded.

> The printing press, classical music.

The printing press was not a Western invention. It is certainly true that it was used heavily in Germany, and from there spread rapidly across Europe and, spoiler alert, the rest of the world as well. Or am I to take it that only people in "the West" print books nowadays?

As for classical music, plenty of countries in "the West" have no remarkable classical music to speak of, and besides, it was a hobby and a taste that was only available to a very limited number of people in those places. Hardly enough to constitute a "civilization".
>>
>>536715
They had standing armies on and off back as far as the warring States period apparently.
>>536720
I never did, but one could hardly label Western civilisations as such.
>>
>>536726
Didn't actually have Jordan, Turkey, Lebanon in mind. They did accept a huge portion of refugees. The post was about Kuwait, Bahrain, Iraq, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates
>>
>>536704
well thank you for showing your true colors.

What a horrible load of diatribe, you must be popular among normal people.
>>
>>536729
Just answer me, what country are you from, and what's your ethnicity? For research purposes.
>>
>>536742
Trace IP if it's so important
(Not him)
>>
>>536725
>he's referring to the gulf states
Oh, you mean the United Arab Emirates (200k refugees), Kuwait (120k refugees) or Bahrain (5k refugees)?
Not to mention the Gulf States don't surround Syria.
>Israel
Yes, Israel is an ethnocentric state that rejects non-Jewish immigration and hopes to ethnically cleanse its arab population.
>>
>>536744
I don't know how to do that.
>>
>>536710
You have made no proof as to why Russia isn't part of the West, I am genuinely curious, why isn't it?

> Random namedropping of philosophers

What's your point? What is common and Western about them?

Socrate, Plato and Aristotle would certainly have felt more in common with people in Egypt or the Levant, than they would have with people in Denmark or Britain.

> Military tactics were common

Countries that fight each other adapt one another's military tactics, colour me surprised.

> are you Swedish?

No, but your essentialist view of what nationality means is telling.
>>
>>536740
All the nice Buzzwords leftists always adhere to, it's so sweet.

You'd get along with the german 'left' (You people don't have ANY right to call yourself left) so well. Einzelfälle, Stimmenfang am Rechten Rand, Rechte Ressentiments, Rechts Gedankengut.
Aw, you'd love it, you little guy you. Now go wear that Che Guevara Shirt and scream ''Bomber Harris do it again, Germany never again, death to germany'' and you'll just fit in.

There are reasons the 'left' (Again, you scum are not left) are losing major ground in europe. And that is good and right.
>>
>>536739

The Gulf don't give a fuck. I couldn't see a secularised Alawite wanting to go and live in Saudi Arabia and the last thing Saudi Arabia would want to do is take in Shi'ites, Christians, Druze or Alawites.

It's all posturing, all they care about is making sure the Sunnis come out on top in Syria
>>
>>536753
>You have made no proof as to why Russia isn't part of the West, I am genuinely curious, why isn't it?
Mainly because it is not germanic.

Western europe is the combination of roman heritage, christianity and germanic genes.

Russia is slavic and orthodox. It is another civilization.

So, what's your nationality and what's your ethnicity?
>>
>>536742
>>536755
If this whole thing is just a way for you guys to legitimate your hatred of the popular kids at school, I have better things to do.
>>
>>536746
qatar, saudi arabia, and oman have accepted 0 refugees

can i get a source on the others, because last i heard they had taken in 0
>>
>>536762
No, I'm genuinely curious.

I don't particularly hate you. I do pity you.

>popular kids
Don't flatter yourself.
>>
>>536758
Do you think if a similar crisis was to occur in a Christian state like Cyprus they would've accepted the refugees?
FUCK NO.
>>
File: 1445292001197.jpg (159 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445292001197.jpg
159 KB, 1500x1500
>>536762
>everyone who doesn't share my political opinions must be a loser!
>>
>>536739
>Kuwait
120,000 refugees in a country of 4 million people.
>Bahrain
5,000 refugees in a country of 1.5 million people
>Iraq
250,000 refugees in a wartorn country of 37 million people, nevermind all the ISIS and Kurdish fighters going back and forth across the porous borders.
>United Arab Emirates
250,000 refugees in a country of 10 million people (including the millions of foreign workers)

>Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia
It does seem those dicks didn't take in any refugees, yeah, although Saudi Arabia claims that up to 100,000 Syrians are temporarily in the country.
>>
>>536762
Hehe. Now he's grasping at straws.
C'mon, are you swedish? Philosophy 1st year? How's Stockholm coming along with that housing crisis? : ^)

But still i suspect you live in a strictly white homogenous community and you're just rebelling against evil daddy and the evil big brother that is the state. It's always like this.
>>
>>536759
What a bunch of delightfully arbitrary defitions.

> Roman heritage

I take it Egypt and the Levant are then Western, whereas Scandinavia and the Netherlands aren't?

> Christianity

Orthodoxy is Christianity

> Germanic genes

You can find Germanic genes everywhere, certainly also in Russia.
>>
>>536772
certainly not, but I'm pretty sure you guys are.
>>536775
Again, you seem to be more interested in legitimating your own Cyclopean tunnel vision of what the world is like. Try leaving your basement.
>>
>>536773
The numbers aren't too high though.
I admit I was given false information. I would like to see your own source
>>
>>536776
>I take it Egypt and the Levant are then Western
They would be had their not forgotten their heritage after being conquered by muslim arabs. Egyptians and levantines are completely disconnected from their roman past.

On the contrary, scandinavia is heavily influenced by its roman heritage, despite never being part of the roman empire.

>Orthodoxy is Christianity
My bad meant catholicism.

>You can find Germanic genes everywhere, certainly also in Russia.
Russians are slavic, not germanic. "Germanic genes" was just a figure of style, and was not meant to be taken literally (I should have made myself more clear, once again I overestimated your intellectual capabilities). What I meant is that western europeans were of germanic ancestry.

Now then, will you please answer my question? What's your nationality and what's your ethnicity?
>>
File: 1444630607247.jpg (57 KB, 870x501) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444630607247.jpg
57 KB, 870x501
>>536778
>>
>>536781
> Scandinavia is heavily influenced by roman heritage

Lol, just lol. Not a single fucking thing about Scandinavia is Roman, maybe besides the alphabet (which is really Phoenician).

> Catholicism

But Scandinavia isn't Catholic anon, neither is Britain, nor Germany, nor the Netherlands...

> Ancestry

Again, you can find Germanic ancestry everywhere.
>>
>>536781
>Now then, will you please answer my question? What's your nationality and what's your ethnicity?
Indian, Sentinelese
>>
>>536778
The thing that made me adopt these views is exactly that i moved into a big city in Germany with over 40% immigrants. And oh boy is it a charme. You adapt to your surroundings and what you see.
Do you live in America? It really seems like it.
I am confronted with the abomination of Multi-Culti every fucking day. Just as those Women in Bielefeld, Cologne, Berlin and Weil am Rhein. But it's just illegitimate fear, right?

Well whatever, your time is over, people over europe are waking up, and even though i don't even sympathize with these right wing parties in many ways, seeing that they'll put an end to your madness truly is bliss.
People will always react extreme to extreme situations, and infact, vote for extreme parties in extreme times. One time it's left, then it's right.
But it gives me joy to see all this scum grasping at straws, trying to hold up their faked reality of a working multicultural system.
>>
>>536791
Now you are talking shit. A big portion of germany is catholic, just like i am catholic. Ever heard of southern germany?
>>
>>536795
well I can't really speak for the immigration situation in your particular city, if it's bad, I am sorry for you.

Isn't all that bad around here.
>>
>>536791
>Lol, just lol. Not a single fucking thing about Scandinavia is Roman,
Large swathes of its cultural heritage is roman.

>But Scandinavia isn't Catholic anon, neither is Britain, nor Germany, nor the Netherlands...
Sigh, I already talked about that. They were catholic for hundreds of years, and protestantism is intrinsically linked to catholicism.

>Again, you can find Germanic ancestry everywhere.
Wow you've convinced me. I guess australian aboriginals were germanics all along.

>>536792
Why are you scared about answering the question?

From now on I am going to pester you about your nationality and your ethnicity.
>>
>>536798
right, forgive me, southern Germany is indeed catholic.
>>
>>536024
Reversibility of merits is a well known christian concept.
>>
>>536779
>the numbers aren't too high though
Well, the UNCHR estimates there are 5 million Syrian refugees in the Middle East, half of them in Turkey. >100k refugees is a high number already. Most European countries take in much less refugees.

Also, it's funny to see xenophobes in the Arab countries using the same /pol/ rhetoric to claim their governments are ruining the country by taking in refugees:

http://m.gulfnews.com/news/gulf/bahrain/bahrain-denies-bid-to-naturalise-syrians-1.1080480
"Bahrain has rejected reports claiming it has been working behind the scenes to naturalise thousands of Syrians living in a refugee camp in Jordan."
"Opposition claims about mass naturalisation of foreigners by the state to alter the country’s demographics have been repeatedly rejected as baseless."
>>
>>536803
> Large swathes of its cultural heritage is roman
So first you accuse me of being Swedish and now, under the assumption of my Swedishness, you presume to tell me about my perceived culture?

Go on then, which part of Scandinavia's "cultural heritage" is Roman?

> they were catholic for hundreds of years

as were the Orthodox ones.

Are we just going to keep moving the goalpost until you have found a definition of Westernness that includes fuck all but which suits your needs?
>>
>>536055
>They let them in because of the economic growth it brings.

Isn't this basically because of the population growth? Why don't governments just encourage people to have more kids instead of only looking for a solution in immigrants? Less ethnic tensions, less crime, less cultural bullshit...
>>
>>536816
>as were the Orthodox ones.
No they weren't you fucking nigger

Russia for instance was NEVER catholic. They were converted by Greeks around the time of the great schism and as such have always been orthodox.

You know NOTHING about the subject. KILL YOURSELF.

But before killing yourself, tell me : what nationality and what ethnicity are you?
>>
>>536803
>shitpost because you append every post begging for his nationality or r u swede? XD
>fuck up, don't refresh, he replied within seconds of me
>you are such a retard you still thought that I was him
top kek, better than expected
>>
>>536829
regardless, Orthodoxy stems from Catholicism

Besiddes, by your definition, America and Australia aren't Western either, since:

1. They do not have a state religion
2. The majority has always been protestant
>>
>Scandinavian Protestants have Roman heritage and thus are the heirs to Greco-Roman Western Civilization
>Byzantine and Slavic Orthodox don't
/pol/ logic
Even Romania has more Roman heritage than Sweden.
>>
>>536841
I don't understand this post.

>>536845
What's your ethnicity and nationality?
>>
How about dividing every culture into different aspects such as:
Religion
Religiosity
Government
Economy
Social institutions
Etc

And make different gradients of cultures. So rather than defining something as Western, you compare it as a distance from a certain core. Then you can draw "cultural circles" around "cultural centers" to make comparisons between countries and ethnic groups. So Tibet would be on the outskirts of a Chinese culture, just like Latin America and Russia would be on the outskirts of a Western culture and Malaysia would be on the outskirts of the Muslim culture?

That way you can stop pretending that Spain and Germany are the same culture, but you can explain why they are closer to eachother than to Syrians.
>>
>>536847
>have Roman heritage and thus are the heirs to Greco-Roman Western Civilization
I never said that.

What is it with /his/dittors and strawmanning. Are you intellectually incapable of not resorting to petty logical fallacies?
>>
>>536829
Rus converted in 988, before the great schism.

You really are just a fucking troll.
>>
>>536802
Ofcourse you can read all nice up about these things in the media, but seeing how the media refused to report it until social pressure went up and media telling people interviews that they will cancel the interview if the people talk about refugees in any way, yes that's really fishy and sows distrust and fear. I fear for my future and that of my family, girlfriend, and so on. Is that illegitimate? As a native to defend myself against a obvious threat? I am not blaming the real syrian refugees, but the criminal arab and north african scum, as they are vaguely described by our media, and that reluctantly. If you haven't experienced these thing on your own body and to the people you love, you virtually have no right to talk like this about it.
>>
>>536858
The great schism didn't happen overnight you fucking nigger. It was a culmination of a gradual separation.

Now, what's your ethnicity and nationality?
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/pol/60583344
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 12
Thread DB ID: 386798



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.