[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is depression? What causes it? What is the best way to resolve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

What is depression? What causes it? What is the best way to resolve depression? Can Depression be prevented and if so how?
>>
>>526925
>What is depression?
A mental disorder
What causes it?
The Modern (aka Western) Way of Life
What is the best way to resolve depression?
Suicide
Can Depression be prevented and if so how?
Yes, Infanticide. Alternatively, the breakdown of Modern Civilisation
>>
Depression is caused by living in the matrix.
>>
>>526960
>The Modern (aka Western) Way of Life
So do the pills given by the doctors actually erase the western way of life?
>>
>>526925
>>>/sci/

Or read fucking Foucault.
>>
>>526969
Only enhance it. Oil for the machine.
>>
>>526977
Oh I'm sorry, is psychology no longer a part of humanities but instead a science?
(ps this is sarcasm genius)
>>
>>526980
Oh wow medicalized metaphors
>>
>>526960
kek, kind of true. but ultimately depressionis a symptom of a way of thinking. once you gone beyond that way of thinking, you realize being depressed is something you cause in yourself. so you just don't cause that state of emotion any longer.
>>
>>526989
It has never been part of the humanities, it always claimed to be a social science. >>>/sci/

Go eat your shit somewhere else.
>>
>>527017
Guess we should discuss history in /sci/ as since that's a social science too right? Ya knob.
>>
>>527045

>History
>Social science

toppu kekku shake my head to be honest family
>>
>>526990
just wait until we have weaponized metaphors
>>
>>527056
WORDS THAT KILL
>>
>>527056
I'm pretty sure that one of the Kennedy family was rendered unconscious permanently due to being a lezzo. Words that encourage social action can kill readily.
>>
>>527056
We already have weaponized memes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW0otG1buB8
>>
>>526925
watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drv3BP0Fdi8
>>
>>527010
So you're saying if people were happy they wouldn't be depressed.

Brilliant!
>>
>>528730
every day, you make a choice, etc.

it's true.
>>
>>528730
What is it with faggots like you who wear depression like a fucking purple heart

I've contemplated suicide many, many times in my life but you don't see me making depression out to be this enigmatic dark bogeyman. That dude is right. It is a direct product of who you are and how you process the world. Either kill yourself or do something about it

Fucking blows me away there are people with so little awareness of what's going on inside them that even with beautiful families and good jobs they're still 'depressed'. Faggots
>>
>>526925
>What is depression?
Deficiency of Seratonin
>What causes it?
Stress changing ones brain structure
>What is the best way to resolve depression?
Counciling and moral support, followed by light usage of anti-depresents
>Can Depression be prevented and if so how?
Yes, by controlling ones levels of stress and having a positive image of ones self.
>>
>>528763
Bretty good
>>
>>528753
So obviously you've never had major depression and you think emotions are rational.
>>
>>528785
>le my pain can beat up your pain maymay

Bruh you don't know me, it's because I've been through this shit that I can spot a poser from a mile away

Hint: the more you pathologize your obvious life issues as 'oh le psychiatrist man told me its my serotonin herpa derpa' the more you avoid the hard, dirty work of actually fixing your shit yourself
>>
A shitty life. Like mine
>>
>>526960
Shoo shoo Vladimir
>>
>>528793

I'm not at authority to claim I know what someones existence is like. Thank you for your anecdote.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.