[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red Russia is Best Russia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

What went wrong?
>>
>>525220
Being red russia
>>
>>525220
capitalism
>>
Being best Russia is still shit compared to being a mediocre Britain.
>>
>>525267
This. Read Simon Pirani's works.
>>
>>525220
That's the Soviet Union pal, it had Tatars, ergo it was not Russia.
>>
File: russia.gif (41KB, 628x368px) Image search: [Google]
russia.gif
41KB, 628x368px
They bought into the neoliberal meme.

They saw images of idealized upper middle class life on western television smuggled in and figured since the state lies about everything they must be keeping that quality of life from the public our of incompetence/greed. If only we all wore blue jeans and brought in capitalism we would be living like the people in Happy Days.
>>
>>525220
Two things: Big Spending and the Big Lie.

The Soviets literally spent themselves to death on the whole, with an economy that consistently showed no growth for 10+ years and a budget that was fixed for 4% growth every year. An aging politburo that was completely adverse to change also failed to develop new ideas to tackle new problems that arose throughout the nation's history. They ended up trying to solve 1980's problems with 1950's methods.

The Big Lie was the attempt to conceal everything the Soviets have done and discourage any discussion of events such as the failed Virgin Lands project, the Prague Spring and Hungarian Uprising, attempting to keep total control over Eastern Europe, the KGB and Stasi's information gathering methods and much, much more that they'd rather the public not know.

Gorbachev's Glasnost and Perestroika was designed to solve the Big Lie by allowing public criticism and some information to be allowed for public knowledge. but this backfired when public criticism turned into mobs demanding immediate secession in areas such as the Balkans and the Caucasus.
>>
>>525365
Yeah, because the workers of the soviet union had control over social direction.

Looks like you'd better analyse the nomenklatura instead.
>>
>>525220
1) It was a paranoid state that nobody wanted, and the rest of the world wanted it to fuck off.
2) It literally held Eastern Europe at gun point and Sovietized them. "Muh buffer states"
3) Military / Communist Party / KGB fought each other for power and it stagnated in the 80's.
4) Gulags
>>
>>525388
>2) It literally held Eastern Europe at gun point and Sovietized them. "Muh buffer states"
Is Yugoslavia now Southern Europe?
Is Czechoslovakia now Western Europe?
>>
>>525220
How did one country turn into eleven? To me, it seems like it would've made more sense to make the Stans one giant country and add Moldova as part of Ukraine.
>>
>>525388
>1) It was a paranoid state that nobody wanted, and the rest of the world wanted it to fuck off.
The democratic plebiscite held under Gorbachev before Yeltsin forced a dissolution showed that support for keeping the union was high everywhere except the Baltic states, which demanded immediate secession (justifiably so) but were on the whole only a marginal part of the Union. Dissolving the USSR was not a popular choice, and the extremely fast transition to a market economy was incredibly unpopular and is to blame for these countries being so poor now.
>>
>>525220
Literally everything. It was terrible from the beginning of the Revolution on.
>>
>>525220
Everything.
>>
>>525450
the setup for the Soviet Republics would fill volumes on its own. but to tl:dr it for you

>republics are set up along major ethnic lines, uzbeks get a state, Kazaks get a state, etc.
>forced population transfers happen to move those lines
>after evictions, the lines are drawn so that no one republic has any real advantage over the other. The Fergana Valley was split between 4 of the republics so that none of them could benefit from the farmland.
>the aim of this was to keep the other republics so hopelessly dependent on Russia to meet sufficiency that they can't break away.
>they did break away and now the standard of living dropped to shit because of that hopeless dependence now severed.
>>
>>525220
The core of problem was the idea of plan economy. Even China realised this and started market reforms, and now we see the result.
>>
>>525503
The USSR also tried market reforms. They implemented them too quickly and it made the government extremely unstable.
>>
>>525509
Market reforms in USSR were supported by political reforms, and that leaded to dissolution.
National movements rised in most of republics, elite of RSFSR and other republics realised that they can became rulers instead of being 2nd role if they just broke soviet regime
>>
>>525503
>The core of problem was the idea of plan economy.
Not really. In fact, not at all.

The Soviet nomenklatura couldn't implement market reforms within the existing structure of capitalism because it would politically delegitimise them.
>>
Friendly reminder that the only good Bolshevik is a dead Bolshevik.
>>
>>525542
Most of them are dead.

Does this mean, for example, that Karl Radek became good in the late 1930s?
>>
>>525534
Not really. See modern China. They're still autoriratian state, have Mao cult, but capitalistic.
>>
>>525567
China didn't have a mass factory centred welfare system. Try to marketise the Soviet Union without a political [counter]-revolution and you overthrow the nomenklatura.

Exactly why the nomenklatura sold the factories to themselves the instant they removed their political governance as a nomenklatura.
>>
File: >Commies.png (82KB, 1174x275px) Image search: [Google]
>Commies.png
82KB, 1174x275px
>>525220
>What went wrong?
>>
>>525734
Well it looks pretty obvious that you didn't read any Marx, Marxism or history of Marxist movements or Bolshevik movements before posting.

Apart from that you argued by analogy instead of sourced narrative.

Your argument is also an eisegetic statement of your ideology, identical to your ideology, unaltered in the least by any source.
>>
File: Jack.jpg (50KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
Jack.jpg
50KB, 900x599px
>>525783
Shut up commie.
>>
>>525220
An USSR do not had an religious faith cult as moral direction to ideals, and too much resources was assigned to army defense but foods and clothes factories and fullness of shops onto the USSR was not enough in compare with Europe of 1970. Well, in case Cold War USSR-USA never happen, and a lamer Gorbachev still work only as a peasant, USSR can live long. imho.
>>
>>525800
And now you're just stating the obvious as if it is an insult. I'm not even the kind of commie with any sympathy for the Soviet Union after the failure of the real revolution, exemplified by Kronstadt. But fuck me, your argument is not historical nor a high level of discourse.

Go read Robert Conquest, an anti-soviet right wing UK labourite.
>>
File: Fluids.jpg (243KB, 900x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Fluids.jpg
243KB, 900x1073px
>>525804
STAY AWAY FROM OUR PRECIOUS BODILY FLUIDS
>>
>>525813
I say Jack, I say, have you ever considered, have you ever considered that flouridation isn't dangerous? I say, Jack, I say, there's nothing wrong with the company of women, I've had some company myself in my day, I say.
>>
File: dr-strangelove-sellers-hayden.jpg (46KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
dr-strangelove-sellers-hayden.jpg
46KB, 500x337px
>>525825
I LIKE YOU MANDRAKE BUT YOU DO NOT APPRECIATE THE THREAT POSED TO OUR FLUIDS BY THE RED SCOURGE.

NOW STOP TALKING AND FEED MY MACHINE GUN.
>>
File: Bes-of-Greed.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Bes-of-Greed.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
>>525220
This.
>>
books on the formation through stalin gimping the other ssrs?
>>
File: e2fd9f7db3919051afc6486d44277ba5.jpg (348KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
e2fd9f7db3919051afc6486d44277ba5.jpg
348KB, 1500x1000px
>>525220
The USSR was a result of Germans sending a meme guy to Russia to neuter the reputation of the young democratic leadership
>>
>>525220
1917 was followed by 1918.
>>
Crash in oil prices.
>>
I've always been curious as to how much the Soviet command economy was responsible for it's economic stagnation in the 70's and eventual fall, but I'm not too knowledgeable on those last decades of the SU. I've even seen some sources claim Soviet-type planning was just as effective as market economies.
>>
>>525220
literally nothing desu
>>
>>528350
Starting in 1970 fordism, east and west, reached a productivity crisis. The answer the west chose was primitive reaccumulation by smashing workers rights.

As previously mentioned on /his/ this was impossible for the soviet nomenklatura because welfare wasn't provided by the state in abstract, but at each and every factory. Attempting to reaccumulate soviet workers rights would have resulted in factory occupations if done within the soviet model. Instead, from the mid 1970s, many nomenklatura looked to the full privatisation of soviet capitalism.
>>
>>525438
>Czechoslovakia
>not held at gunpoint and kept as a buffer state
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.