[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Vietnameseanon here? Post and discuss anything about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Vietnam.jpg (576KB, 1417x2146px) Image search: [Google]
Vietnam.jpg
576KB, 1417x2146px
Any Vietnameseanon here? Post and discuss anything about Vietnamese history.
>>
>>522020
I'm pretty good on vietnamese proletarian, party and revolutionary history from the 1930s through the mid 1970s
>>
>>522029
Who hasn't heard about the revolutions about the 30's? Know anything about Vietnam during the medieval period, preferably without commie leanings or bias.
>>
>>522040
>preferably without commie leanings or bias.
I'm a fucking commie. I think you mean without VWP bias. Apart from the "migration" southwards of Viet speakers, not really.
>>
>>522020
>Vietnameseanon
I'm pretty sure the correct nomenclature is 'Vietnon'
>>
>>522050
>Vietnamese
>Still a commie
For what purpose?
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 189x267px
I hope Vietnamese people still take pride in the fact that they RUINED the American war machine
>>
>>522029
What means did the Vietnamese communist party use to maintain its political power?
>>
>>522672
>For what purpose?
The liberation of the working class by that class itself and the hanging of the bosses with the guts of the politicians to usher in the birth of man's true history as each person's expression in every other?

Oh and naked personal self-interest in the above.

The usual reasons?

>>523189
The first thing to remember is that most social arrangements don't need to be maintained. About 40% of people or more simply don't care. Even the most intrusive state doesn't intrude into their lives in a way that disrupts their complacency.

The Vietnamese states under communist control were relatively light, with some exceptions. So removing the fish sauce tax imposed by the French really was a winner. People were now legally allowed to make protein enriched soy sauce.

The VWP preferred to rule by consent, with an exception we are going to get to. They were soft, they talked a lot. They convinced. They brought the children of former bureaucrats around with nationalism. They brought the local rural workers around with (limited, temporary) self-control. They killed the right people, the people who were hated.

And when they fucked up, like in the Land Collectivisation campaign, they learnt, they stopped, they changed.

They hegemonised nationalism. And when they couldn't control the movement, they set up front organisations to control the movement. And when they couldn't control the front organisations they set-up coalitions. And their work seemed to have been genuine in this regard. The "coalition" member parties of the NFL were real, if operated at the highest levels by communists.

Now the other big advantage that they had is that propaganda by US, French and Catholic compradors caused two generations of flight from their government, creating a significantly more cohesive state. So the 1954 and 1976 refugee crises helped a fair bit.
>>
>>523137
What? If anything Vietnam is a testing ground for military strategy and technology.
>>
>>524185
>fish sauce tax
man fuck that
this was real?
>>
>>522020
Cambodian anon here

How much do the Vietnamese hate the Cambodians, and if possible is it comparable to how much Thai and Khmer people hate each other?
>>
>>524406
Yes. French states have had a history of taxing salt as an essential item of consumption.
>>
>>524409
Vietnamese here, nobody hate Cambodia and Laos, we hate China.
>>
why VN hates China soo much?
Arent they commieBros?

IMHO viets should not throw away chinese script
>>
>>526460
>why VN hates China soo much?
They're independent bourgeois states.

>Arent they commieBros?
No, they're competing nationalist nomenklatura.

>IMHO viets should not throw away chinese script
Modern literacy in vietnamese has been improved by adopting the latin script.
>>
>>526479
>Modern literacy in vietnamese has been improved by adopting the latin script.

This is not a hard fact. literacy is affected by many st0f.
vietnamese shat on their own language by breaking the link between meaning-character-sound
>Jap haz moon rune and iz kul
>>
>>526520
>st0f.
incomprehensible.

>>526520
>vietnamese shat on their own language by breaking the link between meaning-character-sound
character and sound have no relation except in classical chinese poetry.
>>
Second-generation Vietnamese-American here, my paternal grandparents were South Vietnamese refugees that came to America after the War. My grandfather was a high-ranking official in the SVA, serving as a liason to the American Embassy. Needless to say, my family did not support Communism. To this day we refuse to call Saigon "Ho Chi Minh City".
>>
>>525555
Don't forget the Hmong, they're dirty
>>
File: War in Vietnam Napalm dropped.webm (573KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
War in Vietnam Napalm dropped.webm
573KB, 640x480px
>>526596
Vietnamese here, it's sad to see even the war has ended for 40 years but some of our people still wouldn't move on.
What so fun to see your own kind killing each other? For what? Different in ideology?
And then eager to believe in anything the foreigner said rather than your people. Really they're the traitor.
>>
>>526520
>vietnamese shat on their own language by breaking the link between meaning-character-sound
I remember two years ago there was this huge Anti-Chinese Riot in Vietnam due to the squabbles in the Spratlys and China overtaking a Vietnamese claim by force.

They attacked establishments with Characters signs, and inadvertedly fucked up South Korean and Japanese establishments too. I laughed heartily.

It was very weird to see an East Asian-cultured people do that.
>>
>>526460
what's up, 50 cent?
>>
>>526596
I'm with this guy, fuck the commies that's why we're here. I'm glad that the Vietnamese guy likes where he lives and isn't here, though.
>>
>>527245
>"your people"
>implying it wasn't just soviet and chinese foreigners influencing the other side too
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.