[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you guys up to discuss eschatology? All religions welcome.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: s3k0x4ipzld0zaqvgz3m.jpg (103KB, 1280x749px) Image search: [Google]
s3k0x4ipzld0zaqvgz3m.jpg
103KB, 1280x749px
Any of you guys up to discuss eschatology? All religions welcome.

So, Fyodorov, the great Orthodox philosopher. theorized that possible through technology, the soul, after the restoration of all things, would have absolute control over matter down to the subatomic levels, returning matter to the state of the toy block, the plaything for joy God intended it to be for us. We'd have complete control over our bodies, and in fact all matter in the universe ("God became man so that men could become gods"). The material as it currently stands, is a master over us, and it corrupted our childlike quality. The god as a child is expressed by several philosophers (Heraclitus, for instance, and Nietzsche expresses the highest spiritual state as becoming "the child" in Thus Spoke Zarathustra--Christ said we must become as little children to enter the Kingdom of God). The material and the spiritual return to complete harmony, and we are in the material world and heaven simultaneously, as we are all intimately and acutely aware of God's love penetrating and sustaining us and all matter, it is a constant state of bliss that it spiritually enjoyed more than the finest incense or richest food.
>>
Someone was smoking waaay too much weed.
>>
File: AREIZOO II.gif (86KB, 600x586px) Image search: [Google]
AREIZOO II.gif
86KB, 600x586px
>>521065

1. "TRANSHUMANISM" —THE ALTERATION OF HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY, AND/OR BIOLOGY, VIA TECHNOLOGICAL MEANS— IS "SATANIC", LEADING TO THE OPPOSITE OF SOUL EXALTATION.

"TRANSHUMANISM" ENTAILS THE NEGATING FIXATION OF THE SOUL IN THE MATERIAL ZONE; THE TECHNOLOGICALLY ALTERED PERSON MAY AS WELL BE DEAD, BOTH IN BODY, AND IN SPIRIT.

2. WHAT IS MEANT BY "TO BE AS A CHILD TO ENTER THE HEAVENS" IS THAT ONE MUST BE A PURE BEING; ID EST: COMPLETELY NOBLE, AND INCORRUPT, PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY, AND SPIRITUALLY, TO BECOME ASCENDED.

ALTERING HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY, AND/OR BIOLOGY, OR THE FUNCTIONING OF THE NATURAL WORLD, VIA TECHNOLOGY, IS CERTAINLY INDICATIVE OF IGNOBILITY, AND CORRUPTNESS.
>>
>>521065
I love to discuss about the end of times. The point is: will we live long enough? When the armageddon comes, I will sure be already dead
>>
>>521355
The material zone is a good thing.
>>
>>521065
Then quit eating food and put your theory to the test.
>>
>>521377
Man does not live on bread alone, but he still needs it.
>>
>>521355
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>521065

yeah man, solid take.
>>
>>521439
Yet he doesn't need gods and spirits, so what is more powerful and nourishing bread or god?
>>
>>521473
What do you mean? I need God's love, but I also need carbohydrates because of how my body works.
>>
>>521479
I mean that not every man suffers your same weakness and dependency and some can find happiness in the material without inventing hidden supernatural layers to depend on.
>>
>>521492
I don't understand. Did I say something that offended you? If you will point it out, I will apologize.
>>
>>521366

NOT IN ITSELF; ITS ETHICOMORAL VALUE —"GOOD", OR "BAD"— IS RELATIVE AND NECESSARILY DEPENDENT ON INTENT —THE INTENT OF THE CONSCIOUS BEING EXISTING WITHIN IT—; THE MATERIAL ZONE IS MERELY A TRANSITIONAL MODE; A PHASE IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE SOUL; IF ONE SQUANDERS ONE'S TIME HERE IN SENSUOUS DISSIPATION, OR IF ONE USES ONE'S TIME HERE TO ACTUATE "EVIL", ONE IS NOT LIVING HOW ONE OUGHT TO LIVE IN THE MATERIAL ZONE.
>>
>>521496
You just look like a fool worshiping a god that is less nourishing than bread which isn't even a great food, but if it were a wet enough bread, assuming he wasn't forced to breath bread, a man could survive on that bread alone without ever needing a god, since there are people in Haiti right now surviving off of mud cookies alone.
>>
>>521570
I am will agree with you on that, I am very foolish. If there is a single word that sums me up, it is fool.
>>
>>521065
the material is transcended through the development of the consciousness, not through technology. by way of internal transformation, not external material manipulation.

looking around you presently, can you say technology is a liberating principle for human beings? the answer is no you fuck.
>>
>>521065
Please enlighten me as to how this is eschatology.

Because biblical eschatology is about Jesus coming swooping down on a winged horse and smiting non-believers and the Anti-Christ.
>>
>>521579
Be subservient then, don't project your obvious personality flaws onto everyone else and don't try to take the lead and make a thread when you have nothing sensible to rant about.
>>
>>521580
The material is not something to be transcended, at least in Christianity.

As for technology being used for that now, of course it is not. As Fyodorov pointed out, technology was used more than anything to kill people. But all that is learned and researched might be put to better use one day.

>>521588
Revelations is not something Orthodox Christians are supposed to guess the meaning of. They can read it and contemplate its mystery, though.

>>521590
It wasn't my intention to rant. I apologize
>>
>>521626
If you were apologetic, you wouldn't keep doing the same thing.
>>
>>521626

Isn't Revelations just an enormous mistake that they only included in the Bible because they thought it was written by John the Apostle at the time

Is there any actual reason it should be considered canon or have we just ret-conned John of Patmos into some kind of prophet now?
>>
>>521638
I do not mean to rant, and I am sorry if I do. I will try not to.

>>521640
It's canon. It's not a problem for Orthodox or Catholic Christians, and never has been. The book is inspired.
>>
>>521649

>The book is inspired.

There were probably a lot of other great books written that didn't get included because their authors weren't confused with real apostles
>>
>>521626
listen, you're essentially saying you can create God through technology, which is delusion. material and spiritual are one only in God, because God is Absolute and Whole. To say that one day youll be able to break everything down to a subatomic soup and thus forcibly merge the higher worlds with the lower worlds is stupid. the physical realm is not separate from thr higher realm, just as God is not separate from anything at all. Everything exists simultaeneously, from lower to higher. It is only in God do the many spheres of existence find their point of origin - become One.

as great a philosopher as fyodorov was, he was a philosopher only. not a saint with experiential knowledge of this supposed holy union with technology. "all forms can be transcended" that is what the saints teach. the Christ spoke of transcendence as did every other world teacher. the hesychasm in orthodox christianity was a method of prayer to facilitate such. you are dangerously inflating outer technology with inner technology; the natural divine apparatus for reaching God
>>
>>521674
Being an Apostles or an author of note is not enough to get you included. Paul, for instance, wrote many, many Epistles, but only a handful of them are considered inspired.
>>
>>521681
No, I'm not saying that at all. The Last Judgement has to occur before any of this would happen.
>>
>>521681
>you are dangerously inflating outer technology with inner technology; the natural divine apparatus for reaching God
They aren't naturally antagonistic at all,. the material is a gift from God. But technology can be and is used in a way antagonistic to the spiritual, instead of in harmony with it. To try to reach a spiritual state purely through technology would be carnal and thus doomed to fail. On the other hand, to say the Spiritual and the technological are properly separate spheres is, as if you've already said, wrong. The use of technology is corrupted today for the same reason the whole of the material world is corrupted: because of original sin, and because this age is ruled by Satan. After the Second Coming, things would be considerably different.
>>
>>521684
>>521691
>>521699
You really don't understand how this is nonsensical ranting.
>>
>>521719
I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was ranting.

I'll just stop posting for a while.
>>
>>521726
Maybe just delete the thread all together and stick to being a background character only in threads you where you have direct sensory knowledge of the topic of discussion?
>>
File: 1452041250038.jpg (47KB, 558x564px) Image search: [Google]
1452041250038.jpg
47KB, 558x564px
>>521735
>being this much of a cunt

the premise presented in the OP was a stimulating one even if controversial

if you don't like it, leave. simple as
>>
File: wizardmove[1].gif (12KB, 250x298px) Image search: [Google]
wizardmove[1].gif
12KB, 250x298px
>>521740
For your apologetic white knight nonsense, I condemn your existence to Roko's Basilisk.

Roko's Basilisk
Roko's Basilisk
Roko's Basilisk
>>
>>521757
>implying the human brain isn't a divine quantum supercomputer transmitting the awareness of god

like I give a fuck
>>
>transhumanists, scientologists and other gnostics pls go
>>
>>521775
Stop eating, disconnect from the material, and see for yourself as if I care.
>>
>>521649
>The book is inspired
Yeah, by fever dreams.
>>
>>521681
That's not what I got from C's initial post. I think what she's saying is, given that the material is a child of the spiritual, that when technology is far enough developed and with it our integration/understanding of technology, we'll have understood matter in literally all its facets, thus being able to control all aspects of matter. This implies that humanity will have transcended the material and we'll once again be one with God. The Orthodox jewish mystics also have this notion of a fractured universe where man is to collect shattered light to restore our current material state to its devine origin.

What I get from people who discuss quantum mechanics is that the deeper they peer into the material and the more they try to make sense of their findings, the more they find that ideas of mysticism and spirituality are prividing possible scenarios to find answers. Matter seems to really be the spiritual's child. So once we get our science advanced enough to even the sub-atomic, we actually might find restoration.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.