[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who would win in a fight between samurai and viking? Viking's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: ninja.jpg (6KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
ninja.jpg
6KB, 200x252px
Who would win in a fight between samurai and viking?

Viking's horned helmet and berserker rage would be an advantage but in the end of the day samurai had a katana which is well known to be the best sword in history and he was way faster so my money's on him.
>>
>>519220

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Deadliest_Warrior_episodes#Episode_2:_Viking_vs._Samurai

>>519220
>Viking's horned helmet

Into the trash.
>>
>>519224

> falling for the horned helmet bait
>>
>>519220
What is this? Some JRPG?
>>
>>519220
>katana which is well known to be the best sword in history
where did this meme come from?
they have tested this, a standard european medieval sword wreks the katana. shatters it like chinese concrete. the katana looks pretty but is utter shit tier in real life combat, not japanese meme dancefighting
>>
>>519220
The Samurai would shoot the Viking with his fucking musket and that would be that, which is what should happen when you compare a social class that existed for a millenia well into the early modern period with a moniker that existed for a few centuries in the middle ages.
>>
>>519224
>Deadliest Warrior

what are you retarded? It's like using that piece of shit Vikings TV show as your source of historical knowledge about vikings or thinking anime represents samurai accurately.
>>
>>519240

/thread
>>
>>519241

Maybe if you read the link and actually watched the episode he referred to you wouldn't be so hostile.
>>
>>519258
FUCK THAT I'm not reading anything about Memiest Warrior the mere mention of that fucking thing ruins my day
>>
>>519232
You realize that a battlefield katana had a different blade geometry than a modern one and was far more durable than the peacetime swords worn in the edo period?

oh wait you don't
>>
>>519220
Who would win in a fight between gyoja and miko?

Gyoja's magic resisting cloak and ancient norse spells would be an advantage but in the end of the day miko had an ancient spell book which is well known to be the best spells and rituals in history and he was way faster in MP recovery so my money's on him.
>>
>>519289
I'm really curious how the proper war one would be like weight and cutting power wise.
>>
>>519319
Ive only read descriptions myself, Ive read it had a cross section with a much thicker spine, they were also somewhat duller if they were going to be used on the battlefield.

Rather than short blades like the edo period, sengoku swords tended to be longer, sometimes several feet longer in the case of nodachi, which were very hard to break.

So not as good at cutting and heavier, but much harder to break
>>
>>519220
Are all Japanese complete manlets? I've seen quite a few tall Chinese ( there i actually a region where they are common) but all Jap. seem to just be manlets, even their warriors.
>>
>>519232
The strength you speak of definitely isn't the deciding factor for the fight
>>
>>519220
A good old AK would kill them both
>>
File: antlered helmet.jpg (79KB, 736x909px) Image search: [Google]
antlered helmet.jpg
79KB, 736x909px
>>519227
>>
File: 1425788027034.jpg (3MB, 2439x1820px) Image search: [Google]
1425788027034.jpg
3MB, 2439x1820px
Since absolutely no one will say anything let's just simplify the situation a little bit for the comparison.

The viking represents shield wall combat with short arms while the samurai is two handed swords/polearm/spear.

Knowing both are well trained in their weaponry, what would win in single combat? Circular shield + norse sword vs longsword/polearm/spear. Or how about in mass combat, which is the more imaginable situation with a unit of two handed swordsmen/polearm/spear facing off circular shield and norse sword.
>>
>>519384
and a tank could kill AK user what's your point fuckin' shitlord?
>>
>>519414
Definitely the polearm. A viking needs to close the range, while the polearm formation can keep them at range.
>>
>>519414
pikewall>everything else
>>
>>519442
kek it would be so easy for samurai to outmaneuver and fuck up pikewalls
>>
>>519446
The samurai had pike walls, and if you can just outmaneuver them than why did the samurai not do that when pikewall first started to appear around the 1460's?
>>
>>519460
I really don't know, I see the same fucking thing in my total war games when they could so easily just walk around the pikes.
>>
>>519414
>The viking represents shield wall combat with short arms
Spears were an integral part of the shieldwall.
>>
>>519471
Not two handed spears, those are relatively short spears.
>>
>>519232
>ramming is the oly way swords are used
Well memed my friend.

Anyway the katnas weigh more than longswords due to how they are made, and thus would have more kinetic energy. What you get is a sort of falchion.
>>
>>519466
most of the vanilla total war games are horribly inaccurate, and while you can outmaneuver a pikewall, the pike wall has advantages against Calvary and against almost everything else head to head, plus a smart commander can outflank with pikemen as well, just look at the shit Alexander pulled in Persia.
>>
>>519466
Because Total War units are computers, not humans.

Who were usually scared of the force that defends a wall of spears, usually in the form of cavalry or other, more maneuverable infantrymen
>>
>>519283
meme questions deserve meme answers desu
>>
>>519414

I'd suggest that the Norse is just as likely to use a polearm, in the form of the Danish axe. It could both thrust and slash. So... we're kinda back at square one.

In a battle formation, the vikings would use spears, not swords.
>>
>>519319
>>519345
This, at least partially. Later katana were dueling weapons and symbols of authority. Not as extreme as a rapier, but sort of paralleling that evolution to faster lighter weapons. These were also the most artistic, and showpieces, so they are the most cherished and well preserved.
>>
>>521235
Spear is definitely the main weapon of the samurai.
>>
>>521266
Except when they had guns. The point being, history channel smashing katanas on cinder blocks doesn't prove much more than using a rapier as a prybar.
>>
>>519227
>i was only pretending to be retarded
>>
File: 1428877046200.jpg (802KB, 1866x1577px) Image search: [Google]
1428877046200.jpg
802KB, 1866x1577px
>>521294
Yeah, I am sure that anyone with half a brain would realize that very fast.

And yeah the samurai quickly adapted to guns, in fact you could say faster even that the Europeans known for being big on guns. It didn't take long for japan to have a huge amount of guns laying around after they were introduced, and the first optics/irons for aiming were created.

But the main MELEE weapon is the spear. Jesus you faggots need to realize we are talking an ultra hypothetical about melee combat.
>>
>>521266
until 13th century their main weapon was bow
>>
>37 replies

jesus christ. i want reddit to leave.
>>
>>519220
Was this katana folded up to a million times?
>>
>>522025
Jesus fucking christ MELEE weapon
>>
>>519220
love these anti-weeb bait threads

>Who would win in a fight between two swordsmen of any kind?
the one who got luckier to strike flesh first, of course
>>
>>519220
Obviously the katana, each sword is forded over one tousand times, cut trough anything

firthy gaijin go home
>>
>>523801
I understand the concept of threads like this but pretty much this.

Power levels aren't a real thing.
>>
>>519220
WHY WHY WHY you faggots respond so much to such an obvious and shittily executed bait thread? Just why? Fuck....
>>
>>523713
spears were popular among ranked warriors in the late sengoku, before that a variety of melee weapons were popular, naginata, nagimaki, nodachi (huge swords)i even axes were all used. The ironic thing was the spear was not very popular before the 15th century because people fought in open formations so weapons that could cut and smash were more effective.
>>
>>519220
you're forgetting that samurai can use hidden ninjutsu techniques

what, did you drop out of school in grade 3?
>>
>>519220
>horned helmet
that is a myth
>>
>>519220
You're forgetting that Vikings have a two ended axe that can attack in both ways and hook the katana from the nihonjin's hands.

While the Samurai (or ninja as they were called by the Takeda Clan) were more honourable and civilized than the viking people, the viking people had a more effective and less ritualistic way of fighting. While it's a bad comparison, the Vikings were known for winning every battle against the English and the French but we both know samurai were much better fighters than them.
>>
>>525001
>hes_going_all_out.png
>>
>>524902
yeah, the rest of the post wasn't
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.