[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would the world look like if WW2 had never happened, would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (8KB, 324x156px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8KB, 324x156px
What would the world look like if WW2 had never happened, would European empires still exist, how would've the Soviet Union move on with the 5 year plans, would the US kickstart itself into the superpower position it is in today?
>>
>>518583
My question is: would a rising Japan inevitably clash with the US in the pacific?
>>
>>518583
Impossible to predict. Both World Wars had a profound effect on the modern world.
>>
>>518583
>>518646
Do we include the Sino-Japanese War in the Second World War?
If the Second Sino-Japanese War didn't happen, it's possible Japan would transition back into Taisho democracy.
If the Second Sino-Japanese War still happens, Japan and the US will likely clash eventually.
>>
>>518646
Seeing as the causes of the conflict between the Japanese and the US basically predate WW2 itself, it's quite probable.

Also OP u r a faget there is literally no point in discussing something so wildly autistic. Like, virtually anything could have happened, you are talking about changing one of the most important events (or indeed the one) of the past hundred years.
>>
>>518646
Probably. The western would would at some point have enough of Japans shit, eating prisoners and the like.
>>
>>518657
I think it would be more logical to establish a point of divergence, and then go forward from there.

I'm thinking: Germany keeps the weimar republic, hitler never takes over.
>>
>>518583
It would probably focus more on mainland asia and Africa instead of Europe.
Kind of like proxy wars
>>
British Empire would still die off, WWII was only the nail in the coffin, and WWI was only the body being placed in, the heart had died by the 1890s due to unncompetitive economic policies, and lazy industrialists

>>518646
Mostly likely, assuming in this scenario the 1937 Second Sino-Japanese war still happens
>>
File: Philippine Commonwealth.jpg (177KB, 1280x1003px) Image search: [Google]
Philippine Commonwealth.jpg
177KB, 1280x1003px
>>518646
Actually the US was in the process of leaving the Philippines when Japan attacked.

It wouldve remained a US ally though.
>>
>>518671
How about Hitler dies during the beer hall putsch?

Seems like the best reason for Hitler not rising to power
>>
File: Russian-pow-wait-for-a-train.jpg (69KB, 775x518px) Image search: [Google]
Russian-pow-wait-for-a-train.jpg
69KB, 775x518px
>>518669
>The western would would at some point have enough of Japans shit, eating prisoners and the like.
It's really insane to contrast how well the Russian Prisoners of the Russo-Japanese war were treated by the Japanese with the brutal manner in which the Japanese treated their prisoners in World War II.

It's not even an issue of race, since the Chinese prisoners of the first Sino-Japanese war were also relatively well-treated, and the American prisoners in the Philippines were brutalized little better than their Filipino or Chinese equivalents.
>>
>>518583
>>518646
The most important question is whether or not the League of Nations still dies.

Could Woodrow have convinced congress to sign up?
>>
>>518657
Well the US oil embargo of Japan was because Japan kept invading European territory, if Germany never kicks off in Europe, it's unlikely Japan could've secured such territory and would've probably spent the decade invading China and bartering for oil.
>>
>>518700
How did hitler expanding effect Japan? Why wouldn't they have just done the same thing?
>>
>>518700
the oil embargo was a result of the 2nd Sino-Japanese war, and the occupation of French Indochina following the fall of France, the actual invasions of colonies with declarations of war coincided with Pearl Harbour
>>
>>518700
>Well the US oil embargo of Japan was because Japan kept invading European territory
And Japan needed to encroach on European Territory because they were balls deep in China and needed more resources.
>>
>>518720
Japan's success was mainly due to the severe weakening or complete occupation of colonial power's homelands.
>>
File: europe 1920 1925.png (126KB, 866x1071px) Image search: [Google]
europe 1920 1925.png
126KB, 866x1071px
>>518680
Alright.

So what happens now?
>>
File: europe 39.png (76KB, 820x590px) Image search: [Google]
europe 39.png
76KB, 820x590px
>>518776
It's impossible to predict these things in any proper way, but this is what I'd assume a 1940s Europe would be like

-Austria is questionable
Danzig is questionable
-Soviets seizing Moldavia is possible

But there's so much you can't be sure of, how the death of Hitler would affect German politics, who'd be elected, what policies they'd follow
>>
File: Punch_Rhodes_Colossus.png (596KB, 600x777px) Image search: [Google]
Punch_Rhodes_Colossus.png
596KB, 600x777px
>>518675
>the heart of the British Empire had died by the 1890s due to unncompetitive economic policies, and lazy industrialists
>Implying with no WW1 or WW2 we couldn't have seen a glorious Imperial Federation of Britain
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Federation
>>
>>518583
Decolonization was caused by WW1, WW2 only speeded things up
Only Colony I see being kept was Libya
>>
>>518836
I think the 20th century would have been too late tbhfamilia, if only Joseph Chamberlain had become PM
>>
File: 1920 1939.png (178KB, 1101x1196px) Image search: [Google]
1920 1939.png
178KB, 1101x1196px
>>518834
So there might be a referendum on austria , danzig etc reunifying?

I assume WW2 won't happen.

Presumably the ussr would have a lot of breathing space without the nazi invasion. They'd also have 20m more people. Would they go for the bosphorus/dardanelles?

Europe in general would be economically better off without all the damage to infrastructure and deaths, probably culturally too.

Are Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia and the USSR's implosion inevitable?

And how much longer do the british and french empires last in this scenario?

With a more multipolar world is there still a cold war?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.