[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Atheism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 15

File: goodvsatheistgood[1].jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
goodvsatheistgood[1].jpg
47KB, 500x500px
Why does /his/ hate atheism?
Isn't it just the logical and scientific way to view the world?
>>
Christians shitpost better.
>>
File: Religion threads.png (137KB, 1010x274px) Image search: [Google]
Religion threads.png
137KB, 1010x274px
>>516922
Every. Fucking. Day.
>>
>>516922
but anon, atheists don't do the right thing
>>
File: facts8.jpg (109KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
facts8.jpg
109KB, 660x495px
>>
File: what atheists believe.gif (1MB, 291x229px) Image search: [Google]
what atheists believe.gif
1MB, 291x229px
>>
>>516940
>>516938
Nice christian facebook memes :^)
>>
File: euphoric sonic.jpg (39KB, 548x618px) Image search: [Google]
euphoric sonic.jpg
39KB, 548x618px
>>516944
sure, keep denying
>>
Many atheists are also self-hating whites who despise their own history due to liberalism. Although there can be atheists who are proud of their history, most of the time they are not and do not appreciate history. Thus, on the history board, they are despised.

I am myself non-white. Any criticism of this post by liberal crackers will be considered a microaggression against a PoC. Think carefully before you reply.
>>
>>516922
How can you have a logical view? It doesn't really make sense. You faggots love to strap logic on everything but fail to understand what it can actually apply to.

Also no matter what you assume, know or feel it's still based on belief at some point.
>>
>>516922
No idea. They probably hate the atheist "intellectuals" and their fedora-tipping retinues, so they just turn hostile to the entire idea.
>>516924
Nailed it.
>>
>>516959
t. /pol/

shitposting is gay
>>
File: his guide.png (451KB, 800x964px) Image search: [Google]
his guide.png
451KB, 800x964px
>Why does /his/ hate atheism?

It doesn't, the vast majority of tripfags are Christians, more specifically Orthodox Christians, that's the real issue.
>>
File: 1441523644930.jpg (21KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1441523644930.jpg
21KB, 540x540px
/pol/ shilling? On MY /his/? it's more likely than you think
>>
>>517065
thanks bennyto
>>
>>516922

no one hates atheism, most of us here are atheist any way, its just that people are fed up with all the dawkins/hitchens/harris newatheist bullshit being parroted all over the place and fedoras are so much fun to troll
>>
Essentially now that atheism is becoming more mainstream and with 4chan being quite contrarian has shifted to shitpost about it.

Happens to everything really.
>>
>>516929
If religion is treated as philosophy, then it's not religion.
>>
It isn't the most logical and scientific way to explain the world, see Eucharistic miracles.
>>
>that quote

Nice lumping people into one category faggot.
>>
Because 4chan consists of insufferable contrarians

This is universal for every board on here. For instance, on /tv/, it's now totally hip and cool to consider the Star Wars prequels underrated.
>>
Why would it be the most logical?

Either there is a god, or there isn't.

If there is a god, I get punished for not believing.

If there is not a god, I don't get any benefit from believing or not.

Believing is not something difficult.

Therefore, believing is my best shot.

Just pick something and live.
>>
>>517272
what religion out of the fuckton do you pick though?
>>
File: gu.png (90KB, 520x1366px) Image search: [Google]
gu.png
90KB, 520x1366px
>>516922
Atheism depends on the lack of credibility for a religion (I'm not saying that Atheism is false), But as time passes and new archaeological founding arises certain religion reputation's potential grows.

and the atheist outlook use to be edgy, now it's at the point it is dull.
>>
>>517280
Whichever you want, really. There are even online tests which suggest you a religion to follow. You probably already have a set of values, I'm not qualified to determine if your path is correct or not, we are all free to choose.
>>
>>517291
Well, if you pick the wrong one you might end up in hell and burn forever or something, right?
>>
>>517297
Yuuup. But in my opinion, it's better to have a chance than none. Plus, many religions take this into account, not everyone has access or time to investigate about all religions, as long as you live as a good person, it's ok.
>>
File: neil the grassy bison.jpg (218KB, 1000x652px) Image search: [Google]
neil the grassy bison.jpg
218KB, 1000x652px
>>516922

/his/ hates the school of atheism that uses dank maymays and scientistic and fallacious argumentation to prove how super-dooper intellectually superior they are.

Well-thought out atheism, like Holbach or Pigliucci, would probably be better recieved.

If it was ever actually posted, instead of shitposting and r/atheism-tier 'checkmate religtards' nonsense.
>>
>>517311

Except you forget that Pascal's wager needs fools to actually work. Even theologically it fails
>>
File: 1431308000884.jpg (443KB, 1633x909px) Image search: [Google]
1431308000884.jpg
443KB, 1633x909px
>>516922
atheists discussing religion and science is like a vegetarian discussing meat cooking
>>
File: 1434927184742.png (628KB, 3558x3364px) Image search: [Google]
1434927184742.png
628KB, 3558x3364px
>>517346
>>
>>517334
I don't know what you are talking about, sorry.

Maybe some religions have stupid followers, but the same can be said about anything. Don't ruin your decisions just because there are fools involved, really.

You don't need to go full "hurr science is fake durr", nor you have to explode yourself. In my opinion, it's better to believe, and trust me, I used to be an atheist, but at the end I found it better to have a religion.
>>
Logical positivism can only go so far
>>
scientific yes, but not logical

the scientific method is "if there is no evidence for X, then we assume X doesn't exist", but to use this reasoning for the existence of life and the universe is autistic

if you just take a few minutes to think about the vastness of the universe, along with our primitive human senses, it would take a pretty big ego to think that you on this piddling planet, with your piddling senses, and your 18-35 years of existence out of potentially billions of years that there has been, can use your human laws of scientific logic and reasoning to decide whether a higher power is likely or not
>>
>>517351

>I don't know what you are talking about, sorry.

You don't think God will punish you for holding a false belief, one of the mortal sins in the whole of religion?
>>
>>516922
A lot think atheism assumes the metaphysical does not exist and the material world is all that can be known and/or logically deduced, and most philos/his/phers view metaphysics as a useful explanatory tool. That's my assumption as an atheist.
>>
>>516922
I'm an atheist and even I know that "Secular Humanism" is just Christianity - God

Read Nietzsche fuckboys
>>
>>517384
>Read Nietzsche fuckboys
You mean the same man that wrote The Gay Science and who believes in eternal return?
>>
File: take the red pill.png (15KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
take the red pill.png
15KB, 500x500px
/thread
>>
File: Torquemada.jpg (73KB, 267x309px) Image search: [Google]
Torquemada.jpg
73KB, 267x309px
>>517400
>>
File: 1443541971325.jpg (540KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1443541971325.jpg
540KB, 1680x1050px
>>
>>517400
'cept for that double negative at the end

Nice dubs doh
>>
>>517366
I was talking about that Pascal thing.

And, to answer your question, it depends on the god, and the actions you do.

Not believing would be equally punished, so, at least you could have a chance instead of none.
>>
>>518515
>Not believing would be equally punished, so, at least you could have a chance instead of none.

No, because you'd be just as non-believing as me. In fact, I at least am genuine in my non-belief. You on the other hand lie about your belief, and lie about your motivations for it, which, instead of genuine awe for God and his creation, is benefits and rewards he'll give you

So it's your 2 sins against my 1 sin. Not only does this tell me that your chances aren't higher than mine, they might actually be lower than mine
>>
>>516938
I don't really like getting into one of the oldest most autistic shitposting wars but

>How did the big bang come from nothing, it just doesn't make sense

>A immortal deity can come from nothing, duh

Nice facebook meme >>/9gag/
>>
>>516922
I don't have them, in fact I'm an agnostic atheist.

/his/ isn't a hive mind.
>>
>>517282

Sounds like someone's posting unsourced delusions.
>>
>>517227
Like Buddhism? That technically isn't a religion.
>>
>>516938
>according to christians singularities like black holes are just empty holes of nothing
>>
File: richard_carrier.png (107KB, 200x258px) Image search: [Google]
richard_carrier.png
107KB, 200x258px
I just hate the ones who publish books on 'morality without god' and later on cheats on their wives
>>
>>516922
Because atheist idiots consider science so fucking infallible and are all hedonistic and apathetic. They'll tell a fundamentalist to explain some outdated biblical shit but are stumped when you tell them to explain non-locality or cases of telepathic communications or shared hallucinations. Then they'll say religion was just formed so people could explain the world around them but now we understand the world around us with science so it's obselete. Has anyone considered maybe just maybe religion formed across all of humanity because we're inherently spiritual beings. Also atheism promotes a mindset where the individual believes them self to be separate from others or the world around them (Protip: google higgs boson) :p
>>
>>516922
all of 4chan has been consumed with retards and pseudo-intellectuals who cannot examine a viewpoint critically and will instead shitpost personal attacks and facebook memes. This was originally trolling but idiots joined thinking they were in good company.
see: manlet, atheist, post your iq, etc. threads
>>
>>518717
Yep, Christians shitpost harder
>>
>>518870
not christian
>>
>>518870
>>519539
also how was that a shitpost lmao u fag
>>
>>518717

>atheist idiots
>incoherent babble

Yikes
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.