[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about post-war Japan and how it became what it is today.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: tokyo-japan.jpg (152KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
tokyo-japan.jpg
152KB, 600x700px
Tell me about post-war Japan and how it became what it is today.
>>
>>510358
The Korean war and horrific dictatorial brutality towards the Japanese working class.
>>
>>510358
Being a US military base, Korean War accelerating its economy, general ordnung, being open to western ideas on management and industry.
>>
>>510358
Japan got a boner
>>
>>510358

It was already pretty advanced and industrialized before the war, which is sort of why it could start the war in the first place.
>>
If it weren't for Koreans Japan wouldn't be rebuilt. Korean ingenuity and industriousness came into Japan over the East Sea through the divine wind, enlightening and civilizing the Japs after WWII. If it wasn't for Korea, Japan wouldn't modernize and civilize.

Japan is part of Neo-Koguri Empire
>>
File: bestsystem.jpg (42KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
bestsystem.jpg
42KB, 500x375px
>>510358
another success story
>>
>>510490
It had experienced some rapid industrialization and trade as recourses that had not been exploited for so long finally were, but during the war, the majority of the people were still rural peasants with little intimate knowledge of the world besides the next town over. They believed their emperor was god, and that was about enough for them to be used and abused however the emperor pleased.
>>
>>510358
After Americas initial intention of cucki g Japan and Turing it back into an agricultural society, as seen by the constitution they created for them which confirmed they couldn't come back as a military power, they realised the Reds were becoming a greater threat so stopped dismantling the industry and tried to build them back up as an ally.

How Japan got to where it is today is in a large part thanks to what's called the Yoshida doctoring, named after the prime minister of the same name. Americans always wanted Japan to increase military spending, but the Japanese have been playing a game dancing around American demands until arguably last year with the 戦争法案 shit.
So they basically have relied on America completely for their countries security, got a very nice boost from the Korean War selling shit to Americunts.

So in this environment where they didn't really need to worry about their own national security, they could pump all spending into the economy and it turned out like this.
>>
>>511148
Sorry for the shit writing I'm very sleepy and on my phone ;(
Also general McArthur sucked
>>
>>511148
Also the part where I wrote moonrunes (戦争法案) is when the current Abe government tried to (and successfully did) change the interpretation of article 9 of the constitution to allow for collective defence. Many people here though wow I hate war Abe wants a war with China blah blah, but actually it's probably better interpreted as a sign of the times, that is, the US's relative wearing in power in comparison to other countries.

Also in my opinion a move started by Washington or the us military, as after the change came into effect, within 3 weeks or so we saw the first expeditions by the US fleet towards those man made islands in the South China Sea.
>>
>>510358
>>
File: 14214144.jpg (82KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
14214144.jpg
82KB, 600x315px
MacArthur was a giant weeaboo so he made Japan
>>
Ancient samurai culture of honor plays a role too. The generation of post war Japan lived not for themselves but for their children and grandchildren. Heavy savings/investments, huge GDP growth and a banking structure that would allow Japan to emerge big by the 80s. Unfortunately the 90s happened and Japan has lost two decades
>>
>>511178
Every fucking time.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.