[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about the Hittites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: hittite_eagle_large.jpg (3MB, 1824x1226px) Image search: [Google]
hittite_eagle_large.jpg
3MB, 1824x1226px
Tell me about the Hittites
>>
>>506229
they had good treaties 2bh family
>>
In Hittite law, it was illegal to copulate with animals, except horses and donkeys
>>
>>506229
Celts with awesome advanced bows and actual cavalry techniques who #rekt the Egyptians, but they fell to infighting and dynastic dispute before burning down their capital and shuffling on.
>>
They were the fist relevant Indo-Europeans.
>>
>>507230
>Celts
>>
>>507285
Yup! The same branch of people having moved westward from the Indus mountains, and settled in Anatolia, then to northern Greece and beyond, whilst others went south into Palestine and on to Carthage. Many [Keltoi] were recorded by the Greeks states as being mercs.
>>
>>506229
Got rekt by Assyrians in a war then Cypriots or some shit. It would be awesome if their identity didn't disappear.
>>
WHY DO THEY WEAR THE MASK?
>>
were exterminate by glorious mother russia

hail stalin
>>
>>507497
This desu
>>
>>506229
THAT'S A BIG RIVER
>>
File: ramsesthegreat.jpg (20KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
ramsesthegreat.jpg
20KB, 320x240px
>>507551

4U
>>
>>507297
>out of india theory

show proofs
>>
ancient turks
I love how Suppiluliuma made his "kingdom" stronger than ever
>>
>>507297
>what is Hallstatt culture?
You're confusing a lot of things here friend. The current accepted theory is that the Indo-Europeans who went on to become the Celts travelled through modern day Ukraine, crossed the Carpathians and solidified their culture near modern day Bavaria.
>>
>>509326
>The current accepted theory
Guess my stuff is out of date then. No biggie. How do they account for the Greek [stationed] Kelts and Phoenicians, though?
>>
>>509914

The Galatians and the Balkan Celts conquered the respective regions (and raided Greece/Macedonia) after the time of Alexander. They also often served as mercenaries throughout Europe and the Near East and North Africa.
>>
>>509967
Guess my books and stuff aren't too far out of date then.
>>
>>509326
>>509914
Two branches, duh. One going south via Anatolia and one going west via Ukraine.
>>
File: R1b-migration[1].png (373KB, 609x296px) Image search: [Google]
R1b-migration[1].png
373KB, 609x296px
>>508172
He probably means these.
http://www.jowsey.com/genealogy/GeneticGenealogy.html
>>
>>506229
A Hittite text suggests that they had suzerainty over 'Wilusa' which is commonly regarded by scholars as being the ancient city of Troy. They were destroyed by the Sea Peoples and splintered into various Neo-Hittite remnant states.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.