[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Christianity in America so shit tier? I live in a se

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

File: Christian-america.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Christian-america.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
Why is Christianity in America so shit tier?

I live in a secular family, but /pol/ convinced me to go attend church, so I went to church for the first time, a Lutheran Church

The building was nice ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._James_Lutheran_Church_(Portland,_Oregon ), and it was traditional and cultural, with people talking about Nordic heritage after the service was over, it was epic

I checked out if church was like this all along, and a good portion of Americans are Baptists and Evangelicals.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelicalism

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptists_in_the_United_States

Why can't they all be Lutheran and Catholic? To me, those are the more traditional ones with culture

Am I right?
>>
I'd like to think this is le ruse, but I have a feeling it isn't.
>>
> /pol/ convinced me

well there's your problem
>>
>/pol/ convinced me to go attend church
>people talking about Nordic heritage after the service was over
>epic
This is too much.
>>
File: ARAKI.jpg (874KB, 1076x1105px) Image search: [Google]
ARAKI.jpg
874KB, 1076x1105px
>wanting religion
>Muh Cultural heritage
You're not a Nord, faggot.
>>
>>505328
I'm from Portland myself and lost the faith a few years ago. For obvious reasons, there's many ways to interpret what the Bible says, as well as many ways to consider oral traditions passed down since the early church. Makes sense for there to be countless denominations, and the only way not to is by force. Also, if you're thinking that people should keep tradition, orthodoxy is closer to early church than catholicism. They're both stupid as fuck but yeah
>>
File: Honoré Sweat.jpg (142KB, 454x424px) Image search: [Google]
Honoré Sweat.jpg
142KB, 454x424px
>>505342
>almost opened that image
You bastard.
>>
File: 1450836617013.jpg (12KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
1450836617013.jpg
12KB, 241x209px
>>505350
He lives.
>>
>>505328
because American Christianity was always against state interference or centralized authority since prior to the revolution. This is why the "typical" american denominations were Baptist, Methodist, Congregationalist, or Unitarian. They believed in local churches led by charismatic preachers.

>To me, those are the more traditional ones with culture

lol, literally all modern american music is based off the musical tradition of evangelical christianity.
>>
>>505374
Nigger, I'm not the one who's acting like a fucking skin color is something to be proud of. Fuck white power, fuck black power and fuck anyone who thinks that something their ancestor's did means shit about their own worth.
>>
>>505374
>/pol/ told me to be christian so I did
the cuck is you
>>
>>505328
Stop false-flagging /lit/
>>
>MUH HURETAGE

Literally every time with you fatties
>>
>>505328
Do you even know the tiniest bit about your own country's history? Also thanks for exporting these Evangelicals to here, I'm really fucking grateful
t. Catholic Brazilian
>>
File: little-jesus.jpg (106KB, 501x733px) Image search: [Google]
little-jesus.jpg
106KB, 501x733px
>>505328
Because many people lost sight of what Jesus taught for the sake of looking good in public and at church.

People don't realize what Jesus taught, they believe:
>as long as I believe in it without reading into it I am all set
>you have to believe exactly what I do otherwise your going to hell
>mfw you don't go to church everyday Sunday

Not only is the Sabbath day moved to sunday, church is a ritual. You don't go to church to talk about who or what God is, you sit down and wait until it's over.

Jesus spread love for God and Absolute Truth's about God rather than preach Jewish Doctrine, and this is because Jesus was most likely a Gnostic as well, and since He didn't fulfill there Messiah teachings all the sudden they killed Him.

And Jesus and His teachings is meant for all people, but people don't believe that because they are so used to closing their mind to believe they have to do it a certain way, which is true, but no church is going to hold salvation over another. It is about you and your relationship to God in the Spirit of your reality, and not about the vane appearance of what religion you define yourself as and which church you go to
>>
I'm happy that you have been brought to Christ. As a convert myself, I ask you: Why don't you join the Catholic Church; the One Holy and Apostolic Church?
>>
>>505382
Best thing I have read on 4chan in months. Agreed.
>>
>>505328
If \pol\ convinced you to do anything you need to reevaluate your life they are all slavering degenerate mongoloids best keept in their containment board. go to the library and read some books man its a more fulfilling use of your time and your not giving some shill your money and wasting an hour of your life pick up a tactile hobby like fishing or boat building anything but church.its literally the devils own invention you don't need it if you really believe it's only benefit is built in acquaintance you see for like two minutes after once a week.
>>
>>505328
Second Great Awakning senpai
>>
>>505328

>/pol/ convinced me to

You should do spiritual things because you want to do them, not because of internet peer pressure.
>>
Because all the autistic Christians went to America so they could be autistic in peace. They founded the Church of Burger.
>>
File: sspx-2.jpg (32KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
sspx-2.jpg
32KB, 320x320px
>>505328

Go to a SSPX church
>>
Because new world stuff is culturally different from old world stuff.
>>
>>505328
Because all the fundamentalists in Europe left to go to America OP.
>>
>>505328
>wanting tradition and culture
>not going to an orthodox greek church
>>
>>506069
If you're American shouldn't you go to an OCA?
>>
>>505831
only time I agree with this tripfaggot.
>>
File: 1442974177774.jpg (24KB, 306x480px) Image search: [Google]
1442974177774.jpg
24KB, 306x480px
>>505831
Bless your heart.
>>
>>506087
No greek orthodox churches are tied with the ones back in greece so it's more traditional and goes with the culture
>>
>>506112
My understanding was the orthodox church caters to the ethnic and linguistic background of whoever it serves. So I figure that it's most appropriate as an American to go to an OCA, where it's in English, or if you're Greek to go to a Greek church and so on
>>
>>506132
Well I'm greek American so I go to a Greek church. Although many of them have services in English so it's common to see many converts in church. It just seems closer to byzantine to go to a Greek church
>>
>>505328
Finally something good came out of pol
>>
>>505350
It's a man eating a donut...
>>
>>505328
>Why is Christianity in America so shit tier?
North America is shit tier as far as ANY religion is concerned, it's like a cursed country.

Now, in the case of Christianity, no apostle ever seet foot in it.
>>
to be honest, a lot american churches got this new age feel to it.

some are legit just sects.
>>
>>505328
>/pol/ convinced me

Well
>>
>>505328
>with people talking about Nordic heritage after the service was over, it was epic
Daily reminder that people like this exist
>>
>>505328
>but /pol/ convinced me
Thats your first problem right there
Go to church if you want to go to church, not because someone thinks its something you should do.
Think for your fucking self, not what a bunch of retards, trolls and psuedo white nationalists think
>>
>/pol/ convinced me to go attend church

How pathetic can you be
>>
File: Angered_mozgus.png (45KB, 180x241px) Image search: [Google]
Angered_mozgus.png
45KB, 180x241px
>>505328
>Why is Christianity in America so shit tier?
Fucking Churchians/Bible thumpers(they're pretty much always the same). There are people like this for every religion and they're always the worst.
I'm 'Christian'( not annoyingly so, and for that alone many Churchians would say your not) and absolutely hate this shit
>http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Churchianity
>https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Churchianity

>23:1 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, 2 “The experts in the law and the Pharisees sit on Moses’ seat. 3 Therefore pay attention to what they tell you and do it. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they teach. 4 They tie up heavy loads, hard to carry, and put them on men’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing even to lift a finger to move them. 5 They do all their deeds to be seen by people, for they make their phylacteries wide and their tassels long. 6 They love the place of honor at banquets and the best seats in the synagogues 7 and elaborate greetings in the marketplaces, and to have people call them ‘Rabbi.’ 8 But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher and you are all brothers. 9 And call no one your ‘father’ on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called ‘teacher,’ for you have one teacher, the Christ. 11 The greatest among you will be your servant. 12 And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
>Matthew 23:1-12
>>
>>505634
Are Protestant Brazilians the majority of the Brazilians that love American conservatism and hate Brazilian populism?
>>
>>505328
> /pol/ convinced me to go attend church
> people talking about Nordic heritage after the service was over
> it was epic

This is like that guy a few days ago who said he got converted by Deus Vult memes on /pol/, fucking hell if Christianity isn't the worlds leading meme religion.
>>
Protestantism is shit, it's Church Christianity without any of the sophisticated philosophy, art and transcendentalism. It basically boils down to a cult of the humanized Christ and they can claim whatever they want since they have no tradition.
>muh bible
>oh wait these parts of the bible are heretical according to the parts of bible i like most
>whoops those books are gone now teehee
>greeks suck too, nevermind that christianity is founded on greek thought
>>
>>507374
I'd like to think that they appropriated Greek philosophy. It triggers the SJWs
>>
>>505328
>Nordic heritage
Fun fact, 80% of people in Sweden ae irreligious and don't give a shit about the church.
You should do the same.
Also, stay away from /pol/ if your IQ is over 85.
>>
>>507263
This.
>>
>>505328
>Falling for /pol/ maymays
What a cuck
>>
File: 1443995466165.gif (3MB, 367x206px) Image search: [Google]
1443995466165.gif
3MB, 367x206px
>>507374
> Christianity is founded on greek thought
And here I was thinking it was founded on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.

Go fuck an altar boy.
>>
OP you're from portland? we should go to church together
>>
>>505382
Would you want your daughter reproducing with a black man
>>
I'm going to try out one of those non denominational concert-esque churches next week.

My biggest issue with American church goers is that they never seem to listen. I work in a restaurant waiting tables and every Sunday I work I get these cards from various churches saying things akin to "if you don't accept gods love it would be better if you were never born at all"
>>
>>508243
I like it when Christians spread love of God and try waking people up to knowing God, and not forcing them to believe exactly in God and condemning those who don't believe.

Jesus mentions hell in the NT but He doesn't condemn His disciples.
>>
/pol/ has convinced me of a few things, but I've been there for awhile and I mostly just browse libertarian threads there. They cease being a thing recently.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.