[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting a bit tired of "greatest battles" or "greatest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 28

File: Harald Hardrada.jpg (139KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Harald Hardrada.jpg
139KB, 640x480px
Getting a bit tired of "greatest battles" or "greatest generals" threads.

Let's have a Greatest Individual Warriors (pre-gunpowder, of course).

It can be from any time or era as long as we don't include the aforementioned gunpowder and it can be from any continent.

My vote goes for Harald Hardrada.

>Rough childhood, had to fight since his teens
>Exiled, has to pick up mercenary work to survive even though he has royal blood
>Wants to marry a qt Slav princess but can't until he proves himself a great warrior to her father
>Is such a great fighter he ends up being the leader of the Varangian guard and leads them to victory after victory only suffering a debatable defeat
>Gets rich off the Byzantines' vaults, comes back home
>Gets his throne back
>At age 50 something goes raiding to England where he suffers a fatal defeat at the hands of the sneaky King Harold who surprised the unarmoured and nearly unarmed, divided raiding party
>Still manages to take 40 men down in his final effort before he's put down with an arrow to the neck

Not to mention he was tall as fuck (King Harold promised him a 7ft deep grave, as he was "larger than most men").

What's your pick?
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 263x366px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 263x366px
Marcus Cassius Scaeva
>>
File: Sentit bonum.png (616KB, 973x1053px) Image search: [Google]
Sentit bonum.png
616KB, 973x1053px
>>483369
Funnily enough, he was on my top 5 and for years he occupied the top spot.

His actions against Pompey's legions still leave me in awe every time.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Terrail,_seigneur_de_Bayard
>At the Battle of Garigliano he single-handedly defended the bridge of the Garigliano against 200 Spaniards, an exploit that brought him such renown that Pope Julius II tried unsuccessfully to entice him into his service
>>
>>483448
He's up there with Pier Gerlofs Donia.
>>
>>483255
>At age 50 something goes raiding to England where he suffers a fatal defeat at the hands of the sneaky King Harold who surprised the unarmoured and nearly unarmed, divided raiding party
He was trying to claim the English throne
>>
File: Gilagmesh.jpg (80KB, 205x395px) Image search: [Google]
Gilagmesh.jpg
80KB, 205x395px
Da bes.
>>
Well for china we hava people like guang yu and their ilk, despite being trumped up in modern games and whatnot they have were still known to be amazing warriors. For japan none comes to mind more then benkei, had to asiatic this thread up a bit
>>
ALFRED
L
F
R
E
D
>>
>>483448
this nigga right here. Absolutely based
>>
>>483255

No mention of William Marshall yet?
>>
>>483255
probably because its less well documented than generals and battles, and great warriors tend to be shrouded in even more myth

my vote would be for William Marshal or Miyamoto Musashi though
>>
>>483369
>Marcus Cassius Scaeva
http://www.badassoftheweek.com/scaeva.html

>mfw this fucking artical
>>
>>484051
>>484058
He's some Jaime Lannister shit ain't he, just read about him and he's based as fuck
>>
>>484051
I got the biography of him, and it was amazing.
>>
>>484058
>Miyamoto Musashi
>>
>>487709
What about it? He was a good warrior.
>>
>>483255
>getting tired of shit threads
>let's have a turd thread
>>
>>488651
not a bad idea desu senpai, wanted to discuss single warriors for a long time but i see /his/ doesn't share these interests
man i miss uni, we'd have these kind of debates weekly my colleagues and i
>>
>>487709
>always used one hand per sword, even with only one
>made strikes in one motion instead of two (back and forward, up and down, etc.)

He was probably as effective as reputed, those two things alone would be a huge advantage.
>>
>>483255
>pre-gunpowder, of course

that seems kind of arbitrary when Conquistadors, Simo Haya, Chesty Puller, Audie Murphey, etc exist.
>>
>>487709
I would pick Tsukuhara Bokuden over Musashi any day. Also there is no evidence Musashi used two swords in his duels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsukahara_Bokuden

Coincidentally the sword schools both these men founded still exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Had9oTYGiTs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7LDXpAohjQ
>>
File: Caught ya mirin.jpg (49KB, 604x452px) Image search: [Google]
Caught ya mirin.jpg
49KB, 604x452px
>>488685
Not saying he wasn't a great warrior, I read about him. How he killed his first man when he was 13 and how he defeated the most reputed duelist in Japan with a sword carved from an oar. I'm just saying that compared to some of the people mentioned ITT, I'm doubting his abilities.

>>488694
True, but give Simo any other weapon other than a rifle and he'll get buried by the overwhelming majority of non gunpowder using warriors.

I've struggled with the idea of whether to include Conquistadors on the bracket of possibilities, but I decided against ultimately. They're another breed entirely who deserve their own thread.

>>488704
Anything more I can read about this guy besides the Wiki (which I read before)? I'm having trouble finding Western sources that are reputable.
>>
>>488712
The encyclopedia of Marital arts is the only scholarly work I know off hand that will have an entry on him, though its not very long.

Rediscovering Budo has long sections on him and the Kashima tradtion of swordsmanship. It's written in an academic style but the author doesn't have a doctorate as far as I know, and his historiography of other aspects of Japanese history is somewhat outdated.

He is also mentioned in passing by Karl Friday in his Legacies of the Sword, Friday is a professor of Japanese history, but the book is about a related style of swordsmanship rather than tsukahara bokuden.
>>
>>488712
Conquistadors had the finesse of duelling pretty much nailed down. They had to search for weak spots in armour, be fast and sharp. On one to one combat they were pretty fierce, but you're probably right when you say they deserve their own thread. Still it would be interesting to see a debate of this calibre involving them though.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 399x535px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 399x535px
Legit Chinggis.
Started from the very bottom. Like rock fucking bottom.
And rose to the top as in living god type top.
>>
Hector of Troy.

Knew his brother was in the wrong and was disgusted by him, but when the Greeks started storming the beaches, he was the first man to take up arms to defend his people.
>>
File: 1395976309310.jpg (24KB, 387x461px) Image search: [Google]
1395976309310.jpg
24KB, 387x461px
>>484096
>http://www.badassoftheweek.com/scaeva.html
>badass
>of
>the week
>/his/
Stop. Stop posting.
>>
>>488752
Uh his father was a major chieftain in the Mongol confederation. anything but rock bottom.
>>
>>488765
Achilles was an asshole to poor 'ol Hector.
Achilles a shit.
>>
>>491924
Achilles a demigod tho.
>>
Zawisza czarny
>>
Hector of Troy
>>491924
>>488765
I have to make a short comic on their last duel.
I'm decent at drawing, but I'm so lazy I'll still just draw stick figures.
>>
>>492520
Never heard of this guy but I'm glad I did now
>>
That Muslim guy
>>
File: TRASH.jpg (2MB, 2250x3000px) Image search: [Google]
TRASH.jpg
2MB, 2250x3000px
>>483603
He let the cakes burn tho.
>>
File: robert-the-bruce.jpg (32KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
robert-the-bruce.jpg
32KB, 550x412px
>>494190
>>
>>483255
Cringiest shit I've ever read

No way in fuck he killed 40 men in his "last stand," the dude invaded a country with a shitton of men and got fucking rekt

Scandiboos need to get cancer and die
>>
>>494246
>being literally retarded
both norwegian and english sources claim the same
not only that also about the guy who made a last stand at stamford bridge
>guy who doesn't even study history trying to flex on /his/
i'll find my top shelf kek for this
>>
>>494262
>i'll find my top shelf kek for this

Top shelf? Don't waste your prime kek on something so common.
>>
>>494262
The guy who made the last stand and got stabbed on the bridge wasn't Harald

The other Harold, based godwinson, got shot in the eye with an arrow fighting Normans after btfoing the vikings

>retarded muh heritage cunts unironically browse /his/

Kill yourself
>>
File: Screenshot_20160101-143519~2.jpg (69KB, 1440x303px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160101-143519~2.jpg
69KB, 1440x303px
>>494262
>>494280
Hmm. It appears I confused what you were claiming with the guy who made a last stand on the bridge and got stabbed by the barrel floater and Harald

Still a bit inebriated

But I maintain you're all cunts
>>
>>494280
we know it wasn't harald
the last stand viking killed a huge bunch and harald killed another in a berserker fit before getting put down
you're the one who's making them to be the same person
>muh heritage
i'm actually irish, but whatever
>>
>>494325
I corrected that >>494307

A little infuriated referred to as a "raiding party" though..it was a legit invasion in a pact with godwinson brother and they got wrecked.

They lost fair and square, don't try to minimize their loss due to sneaky Saxons cheating or something

They were on the defensive. You get invaded, you beat the invaders, you won.
>>
>>494338
>they got wrecked
as op mentioned, their forces were divided and caught off guard
no one thought that news would either travel that fast nor that the saxons would get up there so fast
they had a force of 3000 men up north while the main force was removed from their boats and their armour
these aren't excuses, this is the truth
if you don't see a handicap on this you might be handicapped yourself
>>
>>494350
And that makes their loss less deserved?

Shame on them.
>>
>>494355
it reveals a handicap, it wasn't a fair fight
king harold knew he would either succeed with catching them off guard or get rekt
>>
>>494366
Oh, so centuries of raiding and catching Saxons off guard isn't an unfair fight but when they get beat back for the last time its not fair?

They got exactly what they deserved
>>
>>494375
>Oh, so centuries of raiding and catching Saxons off guard isn't an unfair fight but when they get beat back for the last time its not fair?
nice strawman
bro, no one's defending the pre-colonization raiding that happened
in the same way one can admit that attacking in a hit and run raid is not fair, can you stop being a dumb fuck and admit that king harold caught harald and his army off guard?
>>
>>494389
They did

But they were being invaded

I have zero sympathy for a person on the offensive (invading) getting fucked up by the one they were intending to fuck up regardless of how it happened
>>
>>494389
>>494397
Which is all I mean by "fair and square"
>>
>>494397
i bet you have zero sympathy for william the conqueror too (^:
fucking english pansies, being hurt from the ass after a millennia of being cucked by the vikings is a sign of weakness
shit happened, deal with it
>>
>>494412
Yeah m8, Jewish American actually.

But anyways, as a Brit, how could you NOT be?

>pussy vikings take advantage of your struggles
>pussy vikings do hit and runs
>pussy vikings try to invade one final time
>pussy vikings get rekt
>a millennium later people have the balls to call the English pansies

Kill
Your
Self
>>
>>494428
>Jewish American
>hates norsemen
all explained then, there's no need to continue this argument when you're so obviously petrified by the eptiome of whiteness
you should go to /pol/, it's full of your people
>>
>>494440
How does it feel your precious Aryan race is getting cucked in its heartland?

How does it feel that Sweden's toughest man couldn't beat an old manlet nigger?

How does it feel that vikings had to wait until Saxons were at their most vulnerable to invade?

How does it feel to be..cuckolded?

And for the record I don't hate Norsemen, I hate vikings and vikingboos like yourself
>>
>>494440
Oh. Also, Yiddish is a recognized minority language in Sweden

KEKED
U
C
K
E
D
>>
>>494453
again, i'm irish
i'm pretty far removed from being either "aryan" or a vikingboo
i just don't let my fears cloud my judgement when it comes to history and apparently you do
must be awful being so petrified of the germanic peoples after 70 years that you take it as a duty to shitpost on 4chan about them
>>
>>494463
Anyone can be a vikingboo m8, you, an Irishman included.

>petrified of whites

Not at all, it would take a fool to think that ashkenazi Jews like myself WEREN'T white. It wasn't the first time we'd been shoah'd and it won't be the last.

Now who's projecting here?
>>
William Marshall
Started with practical nothing, got renown from entering tourneys kicked so much ass he was picked up by the king of england and served as bodyguard, went with king to the Holy Land came back stopped an uprising headed by prince Richard 1 (lionheart) through the prince off his horse and after the battle Richard respected him so much he hired him too, he became Lord Protector of England when Henry was to young to rule and defended England from an invasion by France.
>>
>>494471
>vikingboo
you keep using that word, it doesn't mean what you think it means
seriously, let go of your fear and hatred of the white man, if you want to be taken seriously when discussing history you have to do that
otherwise you just sound like a jaded little prick with an inferiority complex
>>
>>494474
Mah nigga
>>
>>494471
>jew
>sowing hatred between whites

Fuck off back to reddit kike
>>
>>494484
Vikingboo is someone not of Scandinavian descent who has a hard on for vikings. E.g. you

I am white, as I've already stated. It doesn't matter if our genes aren't fully European, we generally look and sound white and that's all that matters.

You'd have to project pretty hard to say I don't like vikings because Germans killed a bunch of us ~70 years ago.

Judging by that logic I should hate Italians more, and be "threatened by them"
>>
>>494497
Not what I'm trying to do, I already stated I don't dislike Scandinavian people, but rather DESPISE Viking dickriders, like our Irish guy over here. I posted that bit about gustafsson to get a rise out of him because he's clearly a /pol/ack.
>>
>>494499
>hard on for vikings
nope
>i am white
nope
>look and sound white
a sheep with wolf skin is still a sheep, you'll never be white bro
>judging by that logic i should hate italians more
>more
thanks for outting yourself as someone who hates white people and feels threatened by them
seriously
>>>/pol/
>>
>>494516
I was using YOUR logic you stupid cunt

I was saying that following your logic that I MUST HATE SCANDIS for being Aryan (and thus somehow responsible for the holocaust) that I should hate Italians EVEN MORE because of what the Romans did.

Your
Stupid
Logic

I don't hate white people, primarily because I am white, but also because I don't believe in punishing people for the crimes of their fathers
>>
>>494530
anon, please stop crying because of your hatred towards white people
no one will discuss history seriously with you if you're biased like this
don't you want to be a big boy and be taken seriously?
>>
>>494546
I was giving you the benefit of a doubt because you just sounded like a retarded /pol/ack but now its clear its just shitty bait

I feel ashamed for taking it 2bh

If I didn't have a child on the way with a western european woman I very well may kill myself
>>
>>494560
>get BTFO
>"wahh, b8"
christ, you jews are the worst
and the nerve to call me a /pol/ack, fucking hilarious
>>
>>494566
I'll admit I didn't know as much about Stamford Bridge as the others ITT

But I did blow you the fuck out in regards to accusing me of being an anti-white individual because I recognize vikings were cancer and vikingboos are cancer
>>
>>494578
>obviously biased against vikings
>expects to be taken seriously in a historical debate
stop talking to me, m8
>>
>>494586
I don't have a dog in this fight so I don't see what my bias is

Plus, if I was so anti-white, why would I like the very white Saxons?
>>
>>494596
>i don't have a dog in this fight
>but that dog right there is cancer, i tell ya what
sad, anon
>>
File: 1451367883741.jpg (32KB, 356x450px) Image search: [Google]
1451367883741.jpg
32KB, 356x450px
>>494606
I would have a dog in this fight if I were a red-blooded Englishman

I would have a dog in this fight if i were a vikingboo

But I am neither. And it doesn't take a person with a dog in the fight to know that one of those dogs is one they shouldn't be sympathetic to.
>>
>>494623
>i am neither
but you just said that you can have a dog in this fight without being either scandinavian or english, since you accused me of being a vikingboo
>being this much of a mess
>>
File: Leo Major.jpg (254KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Leo Major.jpg
254KB, 2000x1000px
>captured an German armoured vehicle by himself
>loses an eye fighting 4 Nazis, when one of them ignites a phosphorous grenade before dying
>singlehandedly captures/liberates the village of Zwolle
>with is 18 good men, infiltrates Chinese army 40k men strong moving towards a key hill in the Korean War
>him and his 18 good men then hold off two divisions equaling 14k men, refusing to leave when asked to do so by his CO
>>
File: 1451445932093.jpg (247KB, 866x1390px) Image search: [Google]
1451445932093.jpg
247KB, 866x1390px
>>483448
>>483466
>>484051
>>484058
You guys beat me too it.

Here is another one considering though it was after gunpowder and the guy is barely known:

Pieter Janszoon Jong

Guy from the Netherlands who volunteered for the Papal Zouave's (1866) who the pope used to defend against redshirts of Giuseppe Garibaldi.

If I recall correctly breech loading rifles were becoming mainstream around this time which makes his exploits even weirder.

He fought at the Battle of Mentana and after he ran out of bullets he managed to kill fourteen with the stock of his rifle before being killed.
>>
>>494801
>He fought at the Battle of Mentana and after he ran out of bullets he managed to kill fourteen with the stock of his rifle before being killed.
What an absolute beast
>>
>>494366
The entire fucking point of warfare is to never have a fair fight....
>>
>>494952
We've all read Sun Tzu, bruh
>>
>>494761
but that's in WWII
>>
>>483369
Up there with William Marshall.

Put those cunts on foot and have them fight, and i honestly don't know who wins.
>>
>>488685
Using one hand is NOT an advantage.

You're faster to attack, defend, redirect, and recover and better at literally everything but the thrust with two hands.

>>494474
>through the prince off his horse
It was better than that. William was covering a retreat, and richard was among the pursuers-the prince was unarmored and carrying only a sword. William, foremost jouster in europe, had his lance.

William killed his horse rather than the prince just to make a fucking point.

The man also lead a cavalry charge (and siege assault) from the front when he was around 70.
>>
>>483255
That sounds fit for a movie. Awesome story if you ask me
>>
>>496586
Yeah. Don't know why it isn't made yet.
>>
File: 1451353973604.png (283KB, 724x469px) Image search: [Google]
1451353973604.png
283KB, 724x469px
>>496586
>>496599
It was supposed to be made into one starring DiCaprio as Hardrada. Somehow it got cancelled.
>>
>>496919
>Somehow it got cancelled.
>Somehow
For some reason I'm not buying Dicaprio as a 7ft viking king. But I've been proven wrong before.
>>
>>496919
>DiCaprio as Hardrada
Before the Revenant I'd say "no" but 2bqh familia the fucker could pull it
>>
Ulf the Quarrelsome.
>>
>>483600

At Hefei, Zhang Liao fought his way out of an encirclement, fought his way back in because he forgot his subordinates, and fought his way out again.
>>
>>483255
>King Harold who surprised the unarmoured and nearly unarmed, divided raiding party
DUDE!
Harry marched out with a few huskarls lightly armed on purpose, he never intended to take his entire force.
He knew what he was doing, he just didn't expect a fully armed English army.
He wasn't surprised by the English themselves but rather by the number and armament.
A mere skirmish was expected, instead he clashed with an army.
>>
>>492509
>>491924
>>493525
In the Illiad Homer basically makes Achilles out to be a bitch.
>king says no to me
>cry on beach and wait for mommy to comfort me
>>
>>494350
>their forces were divided and caught off guard
Not even true.
>>
>>499860
They were though. Harald's army consisted of 9000. He only had 6000 with him while the other 3000 were on a reckon mission or something of the sorts. So it was Harold's 11000 vs 6000.
>>
>>499823

>He knew what he was doing, he just didn't expect a fully armed English army.
>knew what he was doing
>didn't expect

Obviously didn't know what he was fucking doing then did he
>>
>>499893
> recon

Nah lad, they guarded the ships. I can't give an accurate account of numbers but the chain of events is roughly:

> Norwegians land
> Earls Edwin and Morcar told to sit tight and wait for the cavalry
> Earls dumb and dumber try to fight and are defeated by Haralds forces
> he marches into York, gets them to agree to send hostages to him the next day at Stamford bridge and returns to his ships
> takes some of his forces, lilely half or 2/3 to Stamford
> Surprise Saxons led by Harold G. Outta nowhere
> Norwegians pushed back, story of Berserker (likely untrue/exaggerated
> one Norwegian sent back to camp as shield walls reform and men gear up and Harald becomes surrounded
> reinforcements run all the way to the battle and tire themselves out (legit what is written in the sagas)
> reinforcements accomplish little
> Harald leads a charge
> slaying with his sword in both hands
> takes an arrow to the neck
> remaining Vikings BTFO
>>
>>500256
Yeah, not like I learned about this in college and did my final year thesis on it. But you go ahead and give your own version of it.
>>
>>488685
are you implying that he duel wielded swords? If so that's retarded.
>>
>>500330
that's what the legends say
a lot of weebs buy into it
>>
>>500293
> being this mad

Hey buddy you literally just called it "recon or something" which is entirely wrong and fucking retarded. Your thesis level knowledge led you to the conclusion they would just leave their boats abandoned once they landed.
Stay salty thesis kid.
>>
>>502146
Not mad. It's just that it's objectively correct that the forces were separated, the last stand was made Harald's in law.
Stop being so autismal, anon. It's not helping your case.
>>
>>502568
I never disputed that but in the Norwegians own accounts they explain where the men are. I haven't said anything wrong either, you are grasping at straws for whatever reason.

> it's autism to be right

Yeah, gg m8.
>>
>>503211
>where the men are
Arguable. Oddly enough my version is more similar to yours (as in, where the men were), but still.

>it's autism to be right
You're autism, bro.
>>
>>500256
>likely untrue/exaggerated
both sides agree on it though
>>
>>483591
>>488765
Neither of them existed, bros
>>
File: pyrrhus-2.jpg (130KB, 482x625px) Image search: [Google]
pyrrhus-2.jpg
130KB, 482x625px
what about this absolute madman
>>
>>507708
>Beats the living shit out of the Romans 3 times whilst driving his army to death
>Dies when a tile falls off on his head
I love this guy
>>
>>507718
and that time he charged into spartans on horseback and fought his way out when his horse got fucked
>>
>>507728
Absolute fucking madman
>>
File: Arminius.jpg (30KB, 610x380px) Image search: [Google]
Arminius.jpg
30KB, 610x380px
>>
>>507794
>btfo by Germanicus
>>
>>507794

He is know for for leading the Romans, to whom he was supposed to be loyal, to an ambush, and was latter assasinated by his own people.
Was he related in other battle-prowness anecdotes?
>>
File: Germanibro.jpg (144KB, 429x285px) Image search: [Google]
Germanibro.jpg
144KB, 429x285px
>>507810
Should've mentioned the guy as a warrior. Heard he wrecked a lot of German shit personally throughout his campaign.

Fucking love that guy. An absolute badass, recovered 2 of the 3 lost Eagles of Rome, buried his compatriots, suffocated revolts that would see him personally as the Emperor of Rome. Perfect balance of man and idealism.
>>
>>507708
came to post this
nigga must've been a pre-berserker because he was a beast in the battlefield
>>
>>491924
Achilles dindu nuffin.
>>
>>491410
Temujin was exiled though.
>>
During the siege of Tortona by Emperor Friedrich "Barbarossa" von Hohenstaufen in 1158, a German soldier who presumably had gotten bored of the long and tedious siege decided to perform an impressive feat of arms. He approached one of the city's main towers alone and proceeded to climb it using only an axe to make himself footholds. He reached the top of the tower, killed one of the defenders, and then climbed back down to safety.

The emperor offered to make him a knight. He declined that honor, but was still richly rewarded for his accomplishment.

(Source: Deeds of the Emperor Frederick, Otto of Freising and Rahewin)
>>
>>509982
Whoops - sorry, Tortona was in 1155, not 1158.
>>
>>494177
Imam Hussein is the one you're looking for.
>>
Absolute madman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill
>>
>>494952
>pretty much this
Hate it when plebs on this board rant about "fair warfare"
>>
>>494499
>Italians
>White
>>
>>510169
Well, they used to be white before the moors fucked them. Then the Normans came and sorta cleansed up before leaving.
>>
>>483255
Greatest threads were a mistake.
>>
File: MTIwNjA4NjMzNzIxNzUxMDUy.jpg (249KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MTIwNjA4NjMzNzIxNzUxMDUy.jpg
249KB, 1200x1200px
Well obviously Alexander the Great.
>>
File: 1403436775222.jpg (171KB, 812x700px) Image search: [Google]
1403436775222.jpg
171KB, 812x700px
>>488668

I like it. Too much history is concerned with the large scale; population movements, sweeping imperial histories, massive battles and campaigns, etc. That's great, but al lot of times I'd rather read about individuals, small unit tactics, day to day life, etc.
>>
File: 9th century Saxon ring.jpg (169KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
9th century Saxon ring.jpg
169KB, 1280x1280px
>>494280

>retarded muh heritage cunts

>how dare they show an interest in the history of their ancestors.

Seriously, why do people get mad about this? If a Chinese guy is interested in Chines history, would you get so mad? Stop status signaling, you hipster faggot.
>>
File: 1423699922476.jpg (168KB, 626x716px) Image search: [Google]
1423699922476.jpg
168KB, 626x716px
>>494453

Kek, how does it feel to be a Jew?
>>
>>494505

>I can't believe it's THE CURRENT YEAR and this guy is interested in a culture and historical period that I have no interest in!
>>
File: yes.gif (2MB, 250x181px) Image search: [Google]
yes.gif
2MB, 250x181px
>>494952
>>
>>496962

Pretty much everyone in Hollywood is a manlet, so he could probably fake it.
>>
>>494499

You people really do have some weird love/hate inferiority complex with actual white people, don't you? Fuck, when I was young, I thought all the anti jew stuff was tinfoil paranoia, but the older I get...

You are just as white as white people, until it isn't in your best interest to be, then it's all 'remember the shoah', 'persecuted minority', and shit. Leading the #BLM stuff while denying all the slave trading millions those happenin hebes raked in back in the good old days.

I know you're going to call me a /pol/ack, though I'm not, but I CAN see how people are driven there by overexposure to this type of shit.
>>
File: 1431536578253.jpg (84KB, 1000x928px) Image search: [Google]
1431536578253.jpg
84KB, 1000x928px
>>494471
>he thinks he's white
>>
>>512143
>>512150
I already like you, buddy.
>>
>>512193
>inbred germanic converts
>not white
they are the niggest snowniggers around.
>>
>>512207
There's nothing Germanic about them other than their surnames. Genetic research reveals they're mostly Middle Eastern and Eastern European with a significant Caucasian admix.

Assuming we were talking about Ashkenazim and not Mizrahim / Sephardim who are full blown shitskins.
>>
>>483255
Probably some unnamed person who was unrecorded by history
>>
>>512221
This shit saddens me tbqh. There was probably some guy wrecking shit in an epic battle of the Crusades or in a Roman conquest campaign and then he went home and was never heard from again.
>>
>>483255
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zawisza_Czarny

>During his life, he was regarded as a model of knightly virtues and was renowned for winning multiple tournaments.
>>
>>512253
>He allegedly refused to retreat, disheartened by the king's apparent cowardice. He was either killed in combat at Golubac or executed in Ottoman captivity.
There are some great men spread throughout history.
>>
>>499908
Yo, Masters fag studying Harald as my primary. Harald went to Stamford Bridge expecting to exchange hostages with York and just continue on his merry way south. However, homeboy thought he was in the clear and didn't set up a good scouting network.

Next thin you know Godwinsons forced march his army from London and Harald's at this meeting with only a fraction of his strength, plus none of the vikings have their armor on since they day was hot as balls.
>>
>>500293
There forces were totally split. Hardrada sent a scavenging force across the bridge before the battle even began.

The lone berserker's that makes the famous last stand is a member of that party. The fact that Hardrada and Tostig have time to make a battle plan is thanks to the fact that this force was separate from the main body.
>>
>>483255
Not a Muslim but
I'd say Khalid bin whalid.
Literally complains at his deathbed that he didn't die in battle even tough he was a front liner and fought duels and shit for 200 battles
Also "It was the first battle between the Romans and the Muslims. Khalid ibn Al-Walid reported that the fighting was so intense, that he used nine swords, which broke in the battle."
>>
>>514482
>Not a Muslim but
>Procedes to name the same Mehmet the other 100000 Mehmets on this board mention
Sure buddy.
>>
>>514511
>>Procedes to name the same Mehmet the other 100000 Mehmets on this board mention
What?
>>
>>483255
>Not to mention he was tall as fuck (King Harold promised him a 7ft deep grave, as he was "larger than most men").

They buried people vertically in those days?
>>
>>514600
It's the "6ft underground" expression Americans use I think
>>
>>514634
I know, but why would his height affect the depth of the grave?
>>
>>514684
That remains between history and Harold Godwinson. I don't think I'll ever know, but he yelled that in the middle of the battle.
>>
>>514600
it confused the fuck out of me too, but apparently the guy actually said that
>>
I've seen Spartacus, all three seasons. It's safe to say at this point that either Spartacus himself or Gannicus are the greatest warriors mankind has ever had.
>>
>>507658
Thats what they said about Troy. Until the dug it up.
>>
>>488765
>>483591
Mythology isnt history. Might as well post superman
>>
>>483600
>For japan none comes to mind
Musashi?
Thread posts: 154
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.