[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did the relatively insignificant and easily conquered Canaanites/Israelites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

File: Canaan.png (3KB, 335x150px) Image search: [Google]
Canaan.png
3KB, 335x150px
How did the relatively insignificant and easily conquered Canaanites/Israelites have such an impact on world religions as compared with the much more powerful empires of Babylon, Hittites,Greeks, etc ?
>>
>>2096024
Because Jews are master-memers and managed to prank the Roman Empire into converting to the most memetastic sect of their religion.
>>
File: carth.jpg (6KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
carth.jpg
6KB, 224x225px
What is it about the Abrahamic faiths that made it so salient vs. the religious customs of more significant civilizations.

Sure, Zoroastrianism, Atenism, Roman polytheism, and Sumerian myths may have influenced monotheism, but in the end of the day the three big religions undeniably originate from the Hebrews and their belief in yahweh.

bonus question: so its pretty much confirmed that the Hebrew were just an offshoot of Canaanites and Judaism just formed from cult worship of one deity in the Canaanite pantheon?
>>
>>2096024

When the living God fights for you, you win.

>>2096041
I admire the effort you put into being wrong. It's truly stunning.
>>
>>2096024

They didn't, Israelite religion is essentially a compilation of Mesopotamian and Egyptian memes, while canaanite religion wasn't even dominant in canaan.
>>
File: Ali.jpg (115KB, 506x760px) Image search: [Google]
Ali.jpg
115KB, 506x760px
>>2096034
The question is, what is it about this jewish meme that appealed to the masses from Rome to Arabia that the tradition pantheons couldn't offer.
>>
>>2096024
Literally meme magic.
>>
>>2096045
I admit I might be uninformed.
What do I have wrong?
>>
hey didn't have much of an impact, though. Even their own narratives just show them being conquered by different groups who subsequently treat them like shit. No one in the ancient world regarded the Jews as being anything except a marginal ethnic group.

If you're talking about Christianity, then that's obvious. The Roman empire adopted the religion, and that made its impact widespread.

>>2096041
>so its pretty much confirmed that the Hebrew were just an offshoot of Canaanites and Judaism just formed from cult worship of one deity in the Canaanite pantheon?
Yes
>>
>>2096072
>The Roman empire adopted the religion, and that made its impact widespread.
Why tho.

The abrahamic religions origin from Judaism. They were weak, yes. making it even the weirder that the most powerful empire would adopt the faith of the defeated
>>
>>2096041
>Sure, Zoroastrianism, Atenism, Roman polytheism, and Sumerian myths may have influenced monotheism, but in the end of the day the three big religions undeniably originate from the Hebrews and their belief in yahweh.

The Hebrews are just a link in the chain. They're not even the penultimate link, that would be the Greeks and their Septuagint.
>>
>>2096079
>The abrahamic religions origin from Judaism.

NO. The god of Abraham is an Egyptian deity brought to canaan by Moses, Judaism is an offshoot of this Egyptian religious system, the native religion of the Israelites was polytheistic.
>>
File: memering.jpg (79KB, 500x561px) Image search: [Google]
memering.jpg
79KB, 500x561px
>>2096049
As for the Arabs, a lot of jewish tribes settled around in Arabia and managed to convert most of them.

Hell, Muhammad's grandfather was a ethnic jew after Hashim married an Israelite, so it's no wonder that Islam is basically a mix of Abrahamic religious tendencies and traditional pre-Islamic Arab customs.
>>
File: 1410197812819.jpg (21KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
1410197812819.jpg
21KB, 260x260px
>>2096096
>Muhammad's grandfather was a ethnic jew
DELET THIS
>>
>>2096041
>What is it about the Abrahamic faiths
Lumping Judaism, Islam and Christianity into the same group as though Abraham is all of their fathers is wrong.

>that made it so salient
Abraham was God's friend, and God moved in mighty ways to bless him and his descendants.

>vs. the religious customs
Religious customs are man made inventions for self-improvement, and have nothing to do with God.

>of more significant civilizations.
There are no more significant civilizations than the ones who worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

>Sure, Zoroastrianism, Atenism, Roman polytheism, and Sumerian myths may have influenced monotheism
It's precisely the other way around.

>but in the end of the day the three big religions
Again, mutually exclusive religions that are incompatible with each other are not one monolithic group.

>undeniably originate from the Hebrews and their belief in yahweh.
Islam has nothing to do with YHWH, and as Jesus is YHWH, neither does Judaism. Besides, the devil and his demons "believe" in God, and tremble. And are damned.

>bonus question: so its pretty much confirmed that the Hebrew were just an offshoot of Canaanites
No. Just no. Abraham was called out of Ur and he left everything behind and started a new life, and a new people.

>and Judaism just formed from cult worship of one deity in the Canaanite pantheon?
When the Jews worshiped foreign demon gods and invoked the wrath of the one true God, it was these wicked Canaanites and their demon gods that were the lure. Foreign gods. Demons.

Finally, Abraham did not start any religions. Not one. Zero.

So as I said, I admire your effort in being wrong on absolutely all counts. >>2096059
>>
>>2096082
Wrong.

The god of Abraham originated from Mesopotamia. That's where Abraham is from
>>
>>2096072
>The Roman empire adopted the religion, and that made its impact widespread.

It was adopted after already being widespread, it clearly had currency as an idea even before Constantine.
>>
>>2096082
Utter garbage.

God wrecked the Egyptian pantheon one demon god at a time with the plagues he visited upon Egypt.

Oh, you have a sun god? Here, enjoy three days of utter pitch blackness.

Oh, you have a fertility god? Here, enjoy your country being completely inundated with frogs.

And so on.
>>
>>2096113

Not even close.

The eternal God has no origin.
>>
>>2096111
prove it.
>>
>>2096111
You're cute.
>>
>>2096114

When Rome's efforts to eradicate Christianity failed, Constantine cleverly joined Christianity and perverted it by making it a state religion and letting in hordes of unrepentant and unbelieving pagans. Bathing does not make a person a born again Christian, and that's all they were doing. Being baptized.

Catholic church has always been pagan. It has always come from Babylon.
>>
>>2096113

Abraham is a myth you cretin. There's no evidence for the worship of Yahweh or any type of monotheism before Moses, who of course was a Egyptian.

>>2096117

Hahaha what a tool! I bet you believe in santa claus too, you pea-brained simpleton!
>>
>>2096131
>>2096123

Clearly detailed in the bible.
>>
>>2096136

Ahahaha you truly are a cretin!
>>
File: 1446250361019.png (785KB, 1024x378px) Image search: [Google]
1446250361019.png
785KB, 1024x378px
>>2096111
>Abraham was God's friend, and God moved in mighty ways to bless him and his descendants.
>There are no more significant civilizations than the ones who worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
>claiming Judaism influenced Zoroastrianism
>Islam has nothing to do with YHWH, and as Jesus is YHWH, neither does Judaism. Besides, the devil and his demons "believe" in God, and tremble. And are damned.
yeah...i'm going to have to disregard everything you say .

Though, the fact that you aren't shilling the Judeo-Christian/ Jews r tha chosen people support Israel meme proves you aren't evangelical. So props to you for that.
>>
>>2096111
>So as I said, I admire your effort in being wrong on absolutely all counts
No need to be a dick about it. The dude admitted he could've be misinformed and politely asked what he was wrong about.
>>
File: 1452976307479.jpg (71KB, 414x499px) Image search: [Google]
1452976307479.jpg
71KB, 414x499px
>>2096144
thanks broski
>>
>>2096140
>>2096144
>>2096150

I don't know why people even bother reading anything a Christian writes, they never stop lying and have zero interest in honest discussion. Just point at them and laugh at them as the dishonest clowns they are.
>>
>>2096140
Zoroaster read the torah the Jews took with them into captivity in Babylon @ 600 BC, which turned into captivity in Medeo-Persia a few decades later. He believed the bible was true, but could not resist throwing his family's pagan fire god into the mix.

All earthly civilizations will be destroyed, and remembered no more. Only Israel will remain, forever. And above Jerusalem, the New Jerusalem, which will also abide forever.

The muslims say that Jesus is not God, did not die, was not crucified, did not raise from the dead; by no means whatsoever would anyone accuse them of being Christians.

And Catholics are as pagan now as they were in Babylon 4000 years ago.

The truth is out there. You just have to go find it. Because all you have now is the word of the father of lies. All you have are lies.
>>
>>2096049
It's slave morality. Christianity basically tells the masses everything they want to hear

>Yeah, bro. The fact that your life sucks and you'll never accomplish anything is a good thing, that means you're righteous. Your overlords are just evil and they're all going to get tortured for eternity by my dad AKA me.
>>
>>2096144
You picked the wrong guy in the conversation to call a dick. I was impressed that absolutely everything he posted was a lie. You don't know how hard that is to do, and still be readable.
>>
>>2096164
>Zoroaster read the torah the Jews took with them into captivity in Babylon @ 600 BC

Except he'd been dead for a thousand years by then, so that's quite a trick!
>>
>>2096166
The day you realize that everything in the bible is true could be the best day of your life, or the absolute worst day of your life, followed by even worse days.
>>
>>2096171
He hadn't, actually, and the oldest copy of the books you're referring to were copied 2000 years after the events.

Bible is contemporaneous.
>>
>>2096171
Ruhollah Khomeini.
Zarathustra, also spelled Zarathushtra, Greek Zoroaster (born traditionally c. 628 bce, possibly Rhages, Iran—died c. 551 bce) Iranian religious reformer and prophet, traditionally regarded as the founder of Zoroastrianism.

Try again.
>>
File: 1476644276102.jpg (25KB, 252x276px) Image search: [Google]
1476644276102.jpg
25KB, 252x276px
>>2096171
maybe he ressurected inside a cave
>>
>>2096178
https://www.britannica.com/biography/Zarathustra
>>
>>2096171
Zoroastrianism flourished during three great Persian Empires. The first was the Achaemenian Empire, founded by Cyrus the Great (ca. 585 –529 B.C.)

This is the same Cyrus prophesied in the bible; the same Cyrus that let the Jews go back to Israel when he read the bit in their scriptures naming him.
>>
>>2096173
>The day you realize that everything in the bible is true
It's not though.
>>
>>2096140
Change the word protestant to American. For the record American catholics are no better there is just something about that nation that corrupts things.
>>
>>2096183
Isaiah 45

Cyrus, God’s Instrument

“Thus says the Lord to His anointed,
To Cyrus, whose right hand I have held—
To subdue nations before him
And loose the armor of kings,
To open before him the double doors,
So that the gates will not be shut:
‘I will go before you
And make the crooked places[a] straight;
I will break in pieces the gates of bronze
And cut the bars of iron.
I will give you the treasures of darkness
And hidden riches of secret places,
That you may know that I, the Lord,
Who call you by your name,
Am the God of Israel.
For Jacob My servant’s sake,
And Israel My elect,
I have even called you by your name;
I have named you, though you have not known Me.
>>
>>2096183

That's merely when the religion was adopted by the state. Obviously, a religion has to exist for at least a while before it can be adopted by a state, and Zoroastrianism is at least 3,000 years old.
>Zoroastrianism was founded by the Prophet Zoroaster (or Zarathustra) in ancient Iran. The precise date of the founding of Zoroastrianism is uncertain. An approximate date of 1500–1200 BCE has been established through archaeological evidence and linguistic comparisons with the Hindu text Rig Veda.
>>
>>2096188
>there is just something about that nation that corrupts things.
They are literally modern day Babyon
>>
>>2096184
That just means today's not the day for you, yet.
>>
>>2096192

I told you a quality cite where his birth and death are noted, and you give me garbage about "uncertain" "archaeological evidence" and "linguistic comparisons".

kek

And of course you have provided absolutely no bridge whatsoever to cross over from Judaism to Zoroastrianism, whereas by telling you the obvious and plain truth, I have.
>>
>>2096193

Rome is literally modern day Babylon. Has been since Peter called Rome "Babylon" in the bible.
>>
>>2096226
>by telling you the obvious and plain truth

See this is why I don't just laugh at people like you, but actively hold you in contempt. You're a liar, an utterly shameless one at that. Why would I waste even a second providing anything for a "person" like you?
>>
>>2096231

You can't, because I despise lies, liars, and the father of lies.

So you have nothing to offer me that I want.

I don't care about when you realize you're wrong about everything.

You do.
>>
>>2096228
>Rome is literally modern day Babylon

Wow, I didn't realize Peter was a wizard, able to transform the city of Rome into Babylon! I guess I'll have to book a flight and go check out the Ishtar Gate, I always wanted to see it but I thought I'd have to go to Iraq, now you tell me I can go to Italy instead? Cool!
>>
>>2096235

My "friend", YOU are the liar. You've lied to yourself, now you're lying to us. If there is a god, you;re going to hell because you worship satan. How do I now this? Because the truth can't be spread by lies, and since all you do is lie, you can;t be spreading the truth. QED, enjoy hell.
>>
>>2096238

1 Peter 5:13 She who is in Babylon, elect together with you, greets you; and so does Mark my son.

Seems like he's in Babylon, not that he uprooted a city in Iraq and moved it to Rome.

Oh, I'm sorry. I forget sometimes that I'm dealing with spiritually dead concrete autists.

When Peter called Rome "Babylon", he was referring to its spiritual nature, seat of satan, and source of evil.

Not the bricks and mortar.
>>
>>2096244

A reprobate telling me that the truth is a lie, and that lies are the truth, doesn't quite have the impact you imagine it would.
>>
>>2096244

You know QED means you have left the proof up to me, yes?

Or are you using terms and words of which you have absolutely no understanding....
>>
>>2096253

A lying clown spreading lies doesn't have the impact YOU think it does, either. I used to think Christians were nice people who tried to live decently, but people like you have revealed the truth of your cult to me. Every single one of you, without fail, is a lying sack of shit.

>>2096260

Oh look another lie! You just can't help yourself, can you?
>>
File: fredilvo.png (214KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
fredilvo.png
214KB, 400x399px
How did Judaism influence Zoroastrianism when there is no circumcision involved like in the other Abrahamic influenced faiths?
>>
File: bible fact or metaphor.jpg (53KB, 687x513px) Image search: [Google]
bible fact or metaphor.jpg
53KB, 687x513px
>>2096248

The don't say literally when you mean "metaphorically", you lying sack of shit.
>>
>>2096024
christians were one of the first religions that had as their goal expansion

islam only perfected that hence christianity is shit but islam even shittier
>>
>>2096260
It doesn't. It means he had just proven his original point.
>>
>>2096275

He knows that, he's a christian, he can't help but lie.
>>
>>2096265
Yes, my words in this thread have been so hateful. Unfortunately, I'm blinded to my own hatred.

Would you mind pointing them out to me?

Oh, and all the lies, too.

Thanks!
>>
>>2096270

Rome is literally Babylon.

Literally.

Because spiritual things are as literal as temporal things.
>>
>>2096275

Which he has not, thus leaving the proof of his point up to me.

Is this waterhead day here?

>Lie
>Lie
>Lie
>Therefore I've proven my point.

Doesn't work like that anywhere on earth.
>>
>>2096244
>My "friend",
Lie.

>YOU are the liar.
Lie.

>You've lied to yourself,
Lie.

>now you're lying to us.
Lie.

>If there is a god, you;re going to hell
Lie.

>because you worship satan.
Lie.

>How do I now this?
Lie.

>Because the truth can't be spread by lies,
Lie.

>and since all you do is lie,
Lie.

>you can;t be spreading the truth.
Lie.

There. I've done your proof for you. Everything you said was a lie, and does not support your conclusion.
>>
>>2096316
>Which he has not, thus leaving the proof of his point up to me.
You miss the point.

Use of "QED" outside of academia is largely ironic. The point was to mock you by making such a trivial statement of their case and following it up with "QED", it's a way to bait your ego and you bit hard.
>>
>>2096327

Nah, he's just an autistic troll who hates God for making him so miserable, and blames God for making his life suck this hard.
>>
>>2096327

I don't understand people like you.

I don't know you, and you don't know me.

How are either of us ego invested in this?
>>
>>2096226
>I told you a quality cite where his birth and death are noted
Because Britannica's entry, unsupported with any archaeological evidence, using arbitrary date, is so much more reliable than approximate date supported by actual archaeological evidence?

Maybe you should actually educate yourself, instead of sticking to some crap, like writing that Israel are the only chosen people, which is basically saying that Christianity isn't about saving everyone.
>>
>>2096337
>How are either of us ego invested in this?
Because even though 4chan is anonymous people do tend to take pride in their posts. Even (actually especially) their shitposts.
>>
>>2096270
Only American proddies think the Bible is the literal word of god
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.