[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this for a book cover? Also, the book is called "no",

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled-7.jpg (53KB, 311x413px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-7.jpg
53KB, 311x413px
How is this for a book cover?
Also, the book is called "no", if you have better ideas post'em.
>>
>>291302
I like the idea but at the moment I'd say it is a little boring - it doesn't have a lot of impact. Could be due to the font choice or the boring layout? Maybe be a bit more brave with the composition

I also think it's too close to the left edge. Either commit to having it run off the front cover or give it a bit more breathing room on that side. Also where would the author's name go?
>>
>>291304
Thanks for the advice, i haven't thinked about the author thing yet...
>>
File: plain_blue_pattern.png (1KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
plain_blue_pattern.png
1KB, 300x300px
>>291309
>author's name
Maybe in the same grey color as the other languages at the bottom? I agree with the other anon that it needs something more to be interesting. Maybe something like pic related in the background? You don't want it to be too busy.
>>
>>291302
Put "no" in a shade of red
>>
>>291330
This but use tiny interdictionary "no" symbols (circle-backslash sign)

And you want the pattern to be staggered not grid, especially with a serif face.
>>
>>291302
not exciting enough at all
and of course do put the autors name on it

also always design book with their spines/back
>>
>>291344
also remember that it's important to incorporate the style of the book
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (2MB, 3497x2481px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
2MB, 3497x2481px
>>291347
Tried my hand at it just for fun, don;t know if i like it desu. but here s it anyway
>>
>>291350
Is that univers?
>>
>>291358
GT america
>>
>>291302
To be honest, I quite like the ideia of a book cover made using only text.
However I think the approach is kinda wrong... Maybe you should use a filled pattern of text (repeat those words horizontaly).
Then, obviously, put your primary word in bold (like you did).
The authors name could (and in my opinion, should) be out on the end of the page. There is no clear reason to put side-by-side alogn with the word "NO".
I'd be please to see how that work :)

Best of Luck

ps.: sorry, english is not my primary language :)
>>
>>291350
Your 'no' symbol is mirrored
>>
>>291381
May I give another advice? Remove the italic.. Idk why, but kinda feel "wrong"..
>>
>>291385
This. It makes the word look soft and lack the emphasis that saying 'no' should entail. This is also exacerbated by the use of a serif type in the OP.

>>291350
Spine isn't good - 'no' is too low and should preferably be aligned with something on either cover. Author name could be moved up.

Well despite these criticisms, I still think the cover and its composition is boring. Have a look at some of these and their use of type in relation to the frame:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=typographic+book+covers&safe=off&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=638&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiRzszU3c7QAhVnD8AKHVyFAIUQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=lHhu-C5zbOC5EM%3A
>>
>>291405
http://images.shoptime.io/produtos/01/00/item/116378/9/116378911SZ.jpg
>>
>>291302

It's pretty minimal, op. Was this your first idea?

THOU SHALT NEVER SETTLE FOR THE FIRST IDEA.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.