[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can i become really good at: 1) After Effects. 2) Cinema

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 4651830-kirby_kssu.png (714KB, 1407x1323px) Image search: [Google]
4651830-kirby_kssu.png
714KB, 1407x1323px
How can i become really good at:

1) After Effects.
2) Cinema 4D
4) Autodesk Maya
5) Adobe Suit in general

I have the skill, i have the will and the desire, i watch tutorials everyday, even at work (I work as a video editor and the boss let's us watch tutorials and read pdfs if needed). The problem is i study Communications (i'm 23 now) and i do not have a big knowledge of what design is, but leaving that apart.

What can i do to become a pro on those softwares? Can i archieve a pro level by just watching tutorials, practicing and making my own projects? Or do you think it is really necessary to study a carreer or a degree?
>>
Also, i have a basic level in After Effects (I am good with motion graphics and chroma key), but, i do not know nothing about 3d, objects and that kind of shit.

Another disadvantage, i do not know how to draw so it might be a problem to use maya.

Basically i want to become a video editor and i'm looking forward to create a decent demo reel in aproximately a year.
>>
File: 20161124_101845.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161124_101845.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>290896
>Can i archieve a pro level by just watching tutorials, practicing and making my own projects?
Yes. A solid reel is all that matters, nobody cares about your studies.
Another good excercise is to download ae templates and reverse ingeneer them.
This is all good and dandy if you want to be a post-producer (which is what I think). If you want to be an editor, you should read some books on montage and non-linear editing as well. You can check everyframeapainting on youtube as an introduction to those.

Source: picrelated is me at work right now
>>
>>290926

What software are you specialized on, m8?
>>
>>290939
AfterEffects, premiere and photoshop, plus a fair deal of illustrator which always comes handy.
>>
>>290946

Nice mate.

Also, in what styles do you recommend me to specialize first? Motion graphics? On this field, what is the most requested style in videos?

Also, how can i get the maximum render quality on After Effects? I always export like this: Quicktime h.264
>>
File: 20160905_155356.jpg (946KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160905_155356.jpg
946KB, 2560x1440px
>>290966
>what styles do you recommend me to specialize first?
I would recommend you to do whatever the fuck you are happier doing and become a specilist on it regardless of what the market requests at the moment.

>how can i get the maximum render quality on After Effects?
To start up with, don't export them with Ae, send them to an Adobe Media Encoder queue, and export them from there.

>Format: h.264
>Preset: Match source high bitrate (will change to custom when you change the br settings)
>Target Bitrate: 12
>Max Bitrate: 18
This are the best settings for youtube I've found

>Format: Quicktime
>Codec: h.264
>Limit data rate: Unchecked
This is what you are using. It's a good setting for videos that are meant to be seen in a computer. Comfortable size and clear quality.

>Format: Quicktime
>Codec: ProRes 422 HQ
If you are aiming for TV, cinema or whatever that isn't web, this is the shit. Bif files though.
>...Apple ProRes 422 HQ offers visually lossless preservation of the highest-quality professional HD video that a single-link HD-SDI signal can carry. This codec supports full-width, 4:2:2 video sources at 10-bit pixel depths, while remaining visually lossless through many generations of decoding and reencoding. The target data rate is approximately 220 Mbps at 1920x1080 and 29.97 fps.
On mac (fuck macfags) it comes with Quicktime.
The Win version is made by Miraizon, here I've uploaded the Win64 installer
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/o2yqn2mfm1lv99v/Miraizon_DNxHD_and_ProRes_Codecs_V2.0_%28Team_VR%29.exe
I swear it's clean, but since it's an exe file you should get it it from a trusty source (ike cgpeers).

Godspeed you ! OP
>>
>>290969

Nice, thanks anon.

You got a demo reel or something to watch your work?
>>
>>290971
yeah, but I'm not gonna self-doxx, also defeats the purpose of being anon.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.