[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help with indesign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Bez názvu.png (340KB, 1800x554px) Image search: [Google]
Bez názvu.png
340KB, 1800x554px
Everytime when I import (png) images to InDesign I get poor quality (pixelated/small resolution) I dont know much about that software yet. I basically made image in photoshop and paste it into InDesign and now I want to make PDF presentation of it. I have that Quality of preview set on highest. The size of image is perfect for A4 format. It also says 300ppi.
>>
On right is preview from InDesign (it looks like this even after exporting to PDF) and on the right is how it looks like in Photoshop (200% zoom).
>>
That's just the preview.
>>
Ok I didnt notice that I can set ppi in Export window and I had it on 72 so that why the PDF looks crappy. Now its 1:1 to photoshop...
>>
Like Anon said.. When you import a graphic element Indesign doesn't render it clearly to save resources. You can go to View>Overprint Preview to see a better representation.
>>
>>253781
if it's the right size in inches/physical measurements and it's 300dpi, you're fine. indesign has a crappy preview so that the program runs faster, it's just giving you a quick reference of what will actually fill that space when it's printed. Can you imagine opening a photoshop document that's 200 inches wide and the multiple images in it are 300 ppi with good preview?

You can also use the Links palette to check all your images, after being scaled and cropped and moved around etc, are actually still 300 dpi/ppi (I forget which the palette says) to the human eye. Selecting the image in that palette should say "DPI" and "Actual DPI", you care about the Actual DPI number.
>>
>>253856
Thanks. I know about that menu with DPI and Actual DPI I googled bit about it but I was wondering why its crappy looking in software (got answer for that right on google) but then I saved it and it was still pixelated and I didnt notice that roll up menu with various DPI settings...

Anyway thanks guys for help :)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.