[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm attempting to build and design my very first website.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Adobe_Dreamweaver_CS6_Icon.png (36KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Adobe_Dreamweaver_CS6_Icon.png
36KB, 256x256px
I'm attempting to build and design my very first website.

Something basic. My inspiration is this site: alexanderdwyer.co.uk. I need it to be pretty much the same, with different logo, and option-language change, maybe different colours.

What's a good resource to get started on learning? I have DW at my disposal.
>>
Learn the basics of html and css then download a bootstrap template...
HTML is pretty easy as you just add in text but CSS and styling it to do what you want it to do can be tricky and time consuming.
I personally recommend a bootstrap template..
>>
>>253777

ok, I will probably do that, i found a nice guide on codeacademy

can i ask, how easy/feasible would it be to copy the source code of the above website, tinker with it, and then re-host it?
>>
>>253779
You can look at the code from any website by right clicking the screen and pressing inspect..
You can see all the code but it gets very confusing to look and copy it like that. I'm not saying it isnt possible but it will take a shit long time.
Plus there are other pages of java and jquery that make it a fully responsive site and those pages are hell..
I'd just say download an E-commerce template and learn how to do HTML and CSS.
In the bootstrap files you can see all the java and shit and how confusing it is..
>>
>>253784
Focus on learning basic HTML and CSS then any template you choose you can take from.
this site is pretty cool for basics...
http://www.w3schools.com/
>>
>>253775
I'm a lazy fucker who never got to actually learn css.
My method is a lot more simple (and worse of course)
>grab a nice template from http://html5up.net/
>open it in Dw
>change the view to that split screen with code and design
>click on shit I want to change and change it
>>
>>253775
If you want to learn, i'd advise to start with something even more basic than that. Like pure HTML and CSS, and then you can start adding things (js, etc.).

>can i ask, how easy/feasible would it be to >copy the source code of the above website, >tinker with it, and then re-host it?

DESU if you don't know HTML/CSS/JS i think it would not be easy at all... and you probably wouldn't end up with a clean result. Copying the visual result by starting on a blank copy would be easier and a better option imo.
>>
Cheers guys. You're much, much more helpful than /g/
>>
>>253775
First of - GET RID OF DREAMWEAVER.

Worst piece of crap software you can get to run on your machine.

SECOND. Look up TUT's on youtube and google. You will have to LEARN basics of HTML and CSS. And there is no shittier software to distract you than DW, trust me. I have been there.
>>
>>253777
dont listen to this either. Bootstrap sucks sucks sucks and it is definitelly not a good choice if you want to LEARN something.
>>
>can i ask, how easy/feasible would it be to copy the source code of the above website, tinker with it, and then re-host it?

Why would you wanna do that? Rip off sites? Why? What is the point? Any decent Web Developer/designer will know you ripped it off after looking at that piece of shit work of yours.
>>
>>253824
>alexanderdwyer.co.uk
>http://themes.muffingroup.com/?theme=rocco

>Any decent Web Developer/designer will know you ripped it off

oh, you ripped off my $49 WP Theme, like 67,845 other sites did, you getting RIGHT lawyered now..

OP - download WP, install rocco theme (as linked above) customise to your hearts content (you do not need to fuck around with code), pay $49 - you good. & Legal. Its also what *everyone* else does, and has been doing for the last ten years or so. Oh, and ignore the fucking idiots (and mountains of bullshit) on here, srsly - chances of you producing workable code across every device on your own, starting from scratch, be about fuck all and sinking fast.

SOURCE - A (former) web designer. An actual one, that is.
>>
Codeacademy is a nice free place to learn code if you're not going to actually go to school for it. Delete Dreamweaver, it's shit.
Use notepad or download sublimetext to start
>>
>>253843
>oh, you ripped off my $49 WP Theme, like 67,845 other sites did, you getting RIGHT lawyered now..

...What?

All I am saying that as a starter, he should learn the basics.

You can always view the source code of any site...
>>
>>253775
Download Axure
its a simple website builder that has some crazy good tuts on it too.
and just learn HTML and CSS it helps out a LOT
(axure is free if you are a student)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.