[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about representing yourself online? Good website

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Can we talk about representing yourself online? Good websites to go through making a portfolio?

Right now I'm working with carbonmade:
https://tannerspreer.carbonmade.com/

I just want my website to be www.tannerspreer.com can i do this through pre made portfolio websites?

Share some websites, maybe places to learn n stuff
>>
>>253175
>https://tannerspreer.carbonmade.com/
nice mouse scroll hijacking.

in what software do you draw those illustrations???
>>
File: HMPH tshirt design.jpg (1MB, 2718x2718px) Image search: [Google]
HMPH tshirt design.jpg
1MB, 2718x2718px
>>253178
Photoshop mostly. Some are drawn and then scanned. Getting more into Illustrator lately
>>
In order to have a custom domain you have to register with a provider then bind it. Tutorial here:
https://carbonmade.com/help/settings/setting-up-a-custom-domain
>>
>>253183
photoshop is really bad for drawing for me, specially on Mac where we don't have lazy nezumi plugin.

Right now I'm using freakin Manga studio for the lines.
>>
>>253277
whoa never seen that plug in. Might have to snag that.

Manga studio ain't bad tho. Illustrator is tough for me right now
>>
>>253277
manga studio has a much better brush engine than photoshop imo, so you're not bad off. photoshop is at a weird place right now and you def don't need it for illustration
>>
>>253548
i wouldnt say it has a better brush engine.. I still like to paint in phtotoshop (cant be bothered to learn how manga studio works and those watercolor brushes are dont fit my style)

but it does have incredible stabilisation for drawing. Also, you can draw in vector layers in manga studio.
>>
If I make a Tumblr account to showcase myself as a graphic designer, how likely am I to end up at the business end of SJW shit? None of what I plan to post looks "triggering" at all...at least that's what I think. No one whined about my work when it was shown in college in the midst of the predator pride movement, so I assume it's PC but they always find new things to call problematic. I don't want to pander to them at all and already know doing so won't help; you give them an inch, they take it all.

Altogether, I need to be able to use Tumblr or other websites to show I am a graphic designer and to network without having to deal with predatory users trying to align me to inappropriate causes and subjecting me to crusades that derail my attempts at reaching out.
>>
File: let_tumblr_die.png (4KB, 282x282px) Image search: [Google]
let_tumblr_die.png
4KB, 282x282px
>>253608
I know where you're coming from, anon

best you can do, if you want to follow through with tumblr, is to follow other professional web/graphic design blogs (some provide free textures, fonts, patterns, web design tutorials, etc) and avoid all the other shit

generally, if they don't follow you, they won't necessarily find your work unless it's through third parties and gradual exposure, but I suppose it's a risk you're likely to run into regardless, you can try blocking them

the dedicated tumblr users are fucking wild, but I'm also starting to run my own shit through a tumblr url anyway, it's free
>>
>>253696
Thank you for the advice. After studying this trade, it turns out that a lot of artists tend to be huge supporters of whatever perverted causes are being pushed at the moment. If one hesitates to show support when asked, you are marked as Undesirable No. 1 and it won't go away. If you lie and imply you support it, the demand for more support for more depraved delusions will not stop and you end up getting in trouble anyway because they will come up with some new way of supporting their causes and damn you for not having supported that way this whole time. All in all, I will wind up trying to network with these people before knowing the extent of their support, there is no getting around it, and I need to figure out how to lessen the resulting damage.
>>
>>253755
I've been using Tumblr for art for 2-3 years. You are blowing this SJW thing waaaay out of proportion. I VERY RARELY come across it because I don't follow those type of blogs. Tumblr is way more than SJW Nazi feminism that everyone makes it out to be.

It's been the best site for me as a source of inspiration from other artists. I wouldn't use it as your main site, maybe just as a blog.
>>
Adobe just released a new service called Portfolio:

https://www.myportfolio.com/
>>
>>253755
?? you are in the wrong circles, dude. the majority of tumblr users are not witch-hunt radical feminists, and they're especially avoidable if you're there for art and design and not like... politics. Tumblr is a good way to curate a feed of work you like, both straight from the makers and thematic blogs. Also a quick way to upload your own work like sketches, finished stuff you haven't gotten around to finalizing on your website or that there isn't room for in your portfolio, posting about show openings or your work featuring in a magazine whatever.

If your attempt to network (I wouldn't even use it for that, despite it being a social site) has resulted in being persecuted or hunted, u fucked up. Don't stick your nose in shit and be surprised when it smells
>>
>>253851
>a new service
- behance + AdobeTax (@ current min. 9.99 p/m) does not Paradigm Shift make. I'd give the existence of free behance about another 6-12 months max now tho.
>>
>>253852
>if you're there for art and design and not like... politics. Tumblr is a good way to curate a feed of work you like, both straight from the makers and thematic blogs

This, I was surprised how just unfollowing a couple of small blogs seemed to make all the SJW junk disappear overnight.
It's now mostly art/visual things that interest me and no more people bitching about women in media.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.